The C.O. Guide to First-Date Etiquette

At the conclusion of the evening, the couple may linger outside the lady’s abode, whereupon she may present her cheek to the gentleman, in invitation of a platonic kiss. The gentleman is advised not to take undue advantage, and above all…

no tongues! Ah-ha! Caught you!

Taffeta, Ângela.

Comments

1. Very cheeky! I must say, the lady doth not protest too much…in fact, she seems to be enjoying herself.

2. Cheeky!

3. What a demure little face! She looks like the dainty little Mama-kitty across the street from me, who is the mother of four sprawling kitty blobs.

4. I lick it!

5. PS: I LOVE the first date etiquette. If only I had followed it! Oops, what a giveaway. 8O

6. This brought tears to my eyes because it made me remember my late father. When I was a little girl, he would sometime as a joke, instead of giving me kiss on the cheek, give me a kick lick and of course I would squeal and wipe my cheek and scream “no tongue daddy!” and dad would laugh and say “got you”.
    I miss my dad.

7. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Did Paris Hilton observe these guidelines, on her first date(s)?????? ;)

8. Whoa, a “Young Frankenstein” reference on a Monday morning–too much!

9. I would say that “No tongue daddy!” are three of the most 8O words I may have read on this blog!

10. Taffeta, darling!

11. a little nws ;)

12. Whew – for a minute there I thought that the lickee’s tail was caught in the window! I see now that it is not.

13. Not work safe? I think I could have gone *my whole life* without reading those words. Must gaze upon sweet little kitty faces until I feel calm again.

14. well now then the real question here would be IS Paris a real Lady? ;)

We all know the answer to that one. :D

15. Yeah I suppose it looks weird to other people but it was all in fun.

16. Gigi, please don’t feel bad at my silliness. I understand it was all in fun. It reminds me of a trip my Mom’s 3rd grade class made to an aquarium, and some of the kids got “kissed” by a sea lion. :D

17. Yes, she does! After all, he is tall, dark and handsome.

18. It’s just flying up in the air at the unexpected contact. Did you ever see Matt Groening’s “Life in Hell” cartoon? It’s like the tassels on Jeff and Akbar’s fezzes when something interesting happens. :D

19. Hon Glad says:

I do declare, you are very forward sir.

20. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

YAY Jeff and Akbar’s fezzes!!!

21. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

slightly different, from “I LIKE it” ???? :)

22. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Excellent point re. his being T.D. & H. I hadn’t quite gone there :)

23. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*waves to HG, “over the bounding Main” or “the Pond”*

24. Hon Glad says:

Waves back to dear o no/

25. What a sweet piccie!

26. *much pearl clutching*

27. (The Original) Mel says:

No slurping, Sir!

28. ONo, did we ever figure out what the heck the Bounding Main is?

29. First date? Me thinks they have been sneaking out sometime before this…

30. Martha in Washington says:

“Your perfume is delicious, my dear! Eau de Tuna?”

31. So let him! Let him!

32. Theresa, as the daughter of the Spit Bath King, really, what choice did you have? Tongues seem inevitable…

33. (The Original) Mel says:

I’ve been over The Bounding Main. It definitely bounds.

34. wait…i’m pretty sure i dated that guy…

35. unrelated story:
    when my niece and neff were small i was holding baby jordan, who was less than a year old. her 2 year old brother zach came right up to us with a lollypop in his mouth, something the baby had apparently never seen before, she was staring at it looking puzzled. i said, zach, jordan’s curious about your sucker, why don’t you give her a lick? so without hesitation, he leaned over and licked his baby sister from cheek to cheek! the look of surprise on jordan’s face was one of the funniest things i’ve ever seen :D

36. OK, we know what it does (bounds)? But what is it? Animal, vegetable or mineral?

37. HonG, should she give him whatfor?

38. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

WINNING

MUCH more than Ch. Sheen.

39. Oh, dads. They’re so silly. I remember when I was about 16, he drove me down to Thrifty’s one night, for who knows what, I can’t remember. Possibly dessert. But when we walked in, he said loudly, “What aisle is the Preparation H on?” I wanted to die. Today, of course, I laugh. He’s such a goof. Sounds like your dad was, too, Gigi.

40. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Aqui esta Wikipedia re. Main, Bounding: :)

Sailing, SailingFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Sailing, Sailing” (also known by its first line “Sailing, sailing, over the bounding main”) is a children’s song and sea chantey about sailing on the ocean. It was written in 1880 by Godfrey Marks, a pseudonym of British organist and composer James Frederick Swift (1847–1931)

LyricsThe familiar chorus is

Sailing, sailing over the bounding main
    Where many a stormy wind shall blow
    ‘Ere Jack comes home again.

The complete lyrics and music are found in the Franklin Square Song Collection (1888).

The Wiki article, as of today’s results, was last updated Sept 2009.

The link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing,_Sailing

Also I tried something
    (online/free version)
    OxfordEnglishDictionary-ish… Only possible relevant item seemed to be the Main River,
    in Germany and Bavaria. Is that river sufficiently large in which to sail a boat and do substantial waves occur there???

41. Thank you, ONo! Could it be *dramatic pause* the “Spanish Main”?

42. Too totally sweet!

43. Mary (the first) says:

I used to know someone with a very licky chihuahua. Once she came into the room where I was holding the pup and asked how we were or something. I said “we made out for awhile and then he went to sleep .. typical”. Well, I thought she would never stop laughing. But really, he was fast and there was tongue all over the place! :D

44. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, I think NOT.

45. I mean really, I’m the one whose dad is the Spit Bath King. :D

46. warrior rabbit says:

“Daddy says I’m the best at it.” (Jane Krakowski, Vacation)

47. Aw Gigi. What a nice memory. My late grandfather (the best Poppy in the world!) used to give me big old sloppy kisses too. This picture reminded me of him too. God bless those great men in our lives. :)

48. LOL!!

49. No one expects…the Spanish Main!

*cue dramatic music*

50. victoreia says:

*snerk*

51. victoreia says:

:lol: That’s exactly what I thought!

52. victoreia says:

@AuntieBellum: (singing) The Inquisition! What a show!

–What? Oh, sorry…..

53. Lerrinus says:

“You have good taste, my dear!” ;-)

54. baby birdie says:

I love closed kitteh eyes.

55. She has a flavor. :P

56. So, nobody shut that window! Yow! …would spoil the whole mood.

57. My ex boyfriends parents use to sit with us on the couch,they said its okay to kiss.Needless to say we never lasted that long.

58. ‘Taffeta,’ sweetheart…

59. Maddogtime says:

/cats dressed like Evo/
    Leek eet, Leek eet good! (bleep-blorp)

60. bookmonstercats says:

AND, he’s very well turned out for his first date with the demure Miss Pennywiggle. He has, after all, taken the trouble to put on his best collar and… um…. bell.

61. bookmonstercats says:

The things that we used to do with our children, in all innocence. I was very sad when, a few years ago, my husband became alarmed looking at some photos he had taken of our now grown-up daughter, aged about 18 months, playing happily in the bath, covered in her bubbles. He thought it seemed inappropriate.

62. This must be some weird test, like the one where the picture could either be an old woman or a young woman – you know the one I mean? Because my brain can only see that the kitty’s tail is stuck!

63. Hon Glad says:

Yes if he tries anything else.

64. OMG! Jane Krakowski was Cousin Vicki! I just confirmed this on imdb.com. How about that?

That is the second movie I ever watched when my family bought a VCR (and we were kind of late to that party). “Splash” was the first.

65. I’ve got a “dad embarrassment” story for ya’s.

My dad is a character. He’s a really good guy and totally softhearted about animals, but he is first and foremost a character. On my 18th birthday, my family went out to dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant, and then we went to the supermarket for some shopping.

My dad is a carpenter and cabinetmaker and was wearing overalls. You have to remember I grew up in an area where this wasn’t entirely unusual, but it does add to the embarrassment factor, because we were in the “big city” at the time this happened.

He was telling complete strangers that we met in the story, “This is my daughter. It’s her birthday,” in what I can only describe as…a harelip voice. And telling my dad that he was embarrassing me only made it worse.

I love my dad. :)

66. I love this site, it’s a Fount of All Knowledge ™.

67. Yeah, I can see how that would go. “Don’t mind us, dear, just go right ahead and do whatever you like.”

68. Don’t close that window! Little tailsies only half way out! :o)

69. wuyizidi says:

Hmm, Hellboy would not approve.

70. Didn’t you know? In the 1870s, all men were expected to wear bells on a first date. :D

71. warrior rabbit says:

Devo, you mean. Actually, they would look pretty cute with little red flower pots on their heads.

72. little red buckets!!!

73. Maddogtime says:

D(evo)’oh!! I stand corrected. And that’s prexactly what I thought. :)

74. Lewis n' Clark says:

anyone notice the size of the feetsies on the gal? Whoa!

75. Rachel of Cyberia says:

I recently had a first date with a non-gentleman who kissed like a Pez dispenser (tm Judy Tenuta). Just stuck his tongue down my throat and let it lay there like a piece of sushi. First date=last date.

76. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

PS: OMG I JUST NOTICED: Miss Penelope Pennywiggle’s outfit
    precisely matches the PORCH TILE!!!11!!!

77. AWW :D What a pair of cute kitties :D

78. “I’ll be there with bells on….”

79. ewwwwwww….. maybe you should send him a copy of the C.O. Guide – we need to print those up for just such occasions!

80. That is the cutest kiss that I every seen. she looks so happy and in love!

81. One of my kitty’s wraps her “arms” around the one she is licking, holds tight and “sings” loudly.

82. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

@ Kittens:

Questions:

1. Is she married?
    2. Would she marry a hooman bean?
    3. Would she marry a female hooman bean?

*hurries off, to shop for an engagement ring*

83. That has to be the most adorable picture I’ve ever seen. My cats clean each other on occasion, but I can never catch them with a camera.

84. bob drummond says:

Kinda reminds me of my first real date.She kissed me on my cheek after I brought her back to her place. It was so sweet. At the end of the second date
    I also brought her back ,she said thank you ,then ran upstairs. I never saw her again!What did I do wrong? Awwww nuts.

85. darkshines says:

Her tailio….is caught…..*deep breath*…..IN THE DOOR!