Working Like a… Well, You Know

Who says a dog’s life is easy? Watch Jesse the Jack Russell terrier tug, slam, push, polish, unzip, unlace, and massage his way through a hectic workday before catching some rule 26 action for himself. Bonus: Perhaps the peppiest song about soul-crushing, nine-to-five lifestyles you’ll ever hear.

I got tired just watching that, Katie L.

Comments

1. I’m exhausted!

2. Joy! Those are all really useful tricks! And puppy looks so happy.

3. sunnylessmum says:

Good boy! Wow, that dog has some excessive energy! And unfortunately, that song sounds like my work week. :(

4. Yeah, well that’s all well and good but can he cook dinner? I mean, that rib roast, au gratin potatoes, and green salad aren’t gonna prepare themselves!

5. that is probably about the cutest, most energetic dog I’ve ever seen. Jack’s have lots of energy so this is probably a good, healthy way for Jesse to spend it.

6. I love the quick glimpse of the big dog who obviously couldn’t care less. Such energy in the Jack. So true, I’m pooped. Good doggy!

7. If you could bottle the energy of Jack Russell terrier we wouldn’t need any other kind of fuel !

8. That is so precious. Jesse and his human clearly have a special bond with lots of love (and okay, a few dog treats :). It made me happy just to watch.

9. Wow! Somebody actually managed to wear out a Jack Russell! I didn’t think it could be done.

10. Camivette says:

What a well-trained pooch! His owners must spend a lot of time with him. Jack’s are so darn smart!

11. victoria says:

Jesse makes you think dogs should be able to vote.

12. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

This is a tough room/ audience !!!!

13. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

A great solution when they need to close the nuclear power stations in Japan!!!1

14. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

He’s more prepared than I would be, to identify the best candidate.
    HECK, Jesse FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
    [Jesse, the JR Terrier, *NOT* Jesse Ventura!!!!]

15. Madame X says:

I am, well, pooped after all that activity! Jesse is so well trained, he could run that house all by himself. Heck, he probably does!

16. Oh my gosh, that was fantastic! I LOVE Jesse! He is so happy while he is doing all of his chores. Such a little pleaser he is. And the massage was hilarious. Super cute.

17. I can’t even teach my kids those tricks. Think if I hand them treats, it will work?
    Great Job Jesse!

18. mamabear says:

Dear lord, but wasn’t that cute?! I love the dog, the camera work and angles, the music… toe curlingly cute!

19. Andi from NC says:

I saw that as well – Fido Bomb!

20. Andi from NC says:

the music ALMOST makes work sound fun… Jesse is too cute. Big props to his person – well done!

21. cavykatie says:

I am just so happy something I submitted finally was posted! I’m an official Cuteporter now :)

22. cavykatie says:

Okay, my Mom found it, but I sent it in.

23. oh my … delightful, charming, just plain wonderful.

24. ElishaB says:

Best….energy loaded……puppy with heavy eyeliner……ever!!!!!!! Squeeee!

25. kibblenibble says:

I adore this! Happy, busy leetle dog! I’ve always admired Jack Russells, and have considered adopting one, but have been told they are notorious cat chasers. Any insight?

26. Jack Russells are cute and intelligent, but like your general terrier they’re tend to be feisty and fearless. I love them but would never own one … I’ll stick with my kitty. :)

Loved the little window-cleaning booties!!!!

27. Jesse you are the bestest!!

28. Loved it. So sweet!

29. Favorite part = wiping down the counter!!! OH and the back massage :)

30. My JRT is friends with my cat. They even play together and lie in front of the fire together. When my JRT gets too hyper in kitty’s face, a quick kitty-swat on the nose solves it.

There will always be exceptions but most JRTs by nature need an owner who is consistently the boss. They’ll love you for it.

Introductions to cats should be closely monitored. Show your JRT that kitty is part of the family, not a toy. Don’t leave the two alone together until the JRT totally understands that.

31. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I love Jack Russells. They are so smart, if you don’t give their little brains something to do, they will make your life a living hell. This guy is having a ball.

32. They are an energetic (working/hunting?) dog, Intelligent and if they are not challeneged with activities can become destructive to furniture etc.
    But they are also lovey sweet dogs. My best friend has one “Gigi” might chase cats that don’t live in her house but she is great with the her cat companion.

IF you do not like to be up and busy do not get one. They are not for the couch potato. They love to walk and be busy. ( I am a busy person but even i quell before Gigi and her high energy).

33. HA H Pyrit posted while I was writing. :)

34. “…but would never own one …” heh, that’s what I used to say!
    I don’t know how many times I said I would never own any kind of terrier! ha!
    Oh well!
    They’re great.

35. Hey there, KittyAdventures!!! (waving)

36. victoreia says:

No kidding! I need a nap now!

37. The window cleaning seemed a little futile, though, considering he was drooling on the window as his paws cleaned them! :)

38. When I first adopted my JRT from the shelter she was 1 yr. old. People said, Oh she’s going to bark all day, you’ll never be able to have a cat, she’s going to be nippy.

All dogs and owners are different but she really only barks when there’s a good reason. She’s fine with our cat (probably would chase the neighbor’s cat though but wouldn’t hurt it). She nipped 3-4 times the first week but quickly learned we don’t do that here. She just didn’t know about good manners. Now she’s impossibly sweet.

OK I’m done! :-)

39. sunshine says:

Super duper awesome. What a great pooch!

40. I’ve been called the “b” word before but I didn’t think it would happen on CO…
    Just kidding, I love knowing there’s a JRT with my name out there.

41. SILLYSALADS says:

If he could only hoover the carpets I would get me a couple of terriers.

Until then me and the kitteh have the same approach to housework…..If the spot in the sunbeam is clear then do the housework next Caturday. Streeeetch, yawwwwn, purrrrrrrrr…..zzzzzzzzz….

42. Gigi
    Oh definately consider it an honor she is a sweet little dog.

Hi Pyrit! Waves Back

43. In other words you are owned, heart and soul by a Jack Russell

44. kibblenibble says:

Hey, thanks, everybody! I knew I’d get the best advice right here!

45. Jake of All Trades says:

Very rarely do I like dogs, but Jesse made me smile ever-so-grandly! I am, however, slightly threatened by his ability to undress, massage, and entertain cute young women.

46. Theresae630 says:

WOW!! Jesse does more by 9:00am than most people (like me)do all day.

47. JRT lover says:

Well he did more work than most folks around here do in a day!

Also can he handle Blu-Ray?

48. Martha in Washington says:

And get one of those clicker thingies! On second thought, no, I doubt that would even work.
    Signed,
    The Mother of Two Sons

49. julie b says:

Right!!!

50. Mary (the first) says:

And a big thank you to both of you!!

51. Mary (the first) says:

This was really adorable. I wish I had a dog or anyone to come over and do my housework like that!

52. yes – I could definitely use one of these!

53. That´s gotta be the cleverest (& cute) dog ever. But can he dance the Salsa as well?

54. Hmmm, I wonder if I can hire Jesse: my windows need some serious cleaning :-D

55. Luvfurbabies says:

He’s hired!!!! That dog has better work ethic than most of my co-workers! :)

56. What a lovely boy, but surely he was being trained as an assistance dog?

57. I am totally impressed with his mad trash disposing and dishwasher loading skillz. (I am slightly less confident in how clean the countertop is when he’s done with it…)

58. DogEared says:

wow! imagine never having to close a door or drawer by yourself EVER AGAIN! i love that pup! great owner as well!

59. wow! that is one enthusiastic how-can-i-help-you (and-get-treats) kind of poochie! cute cute!

60. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Amen to that. He has a work ethic. period!

61. Can I borrow him for, hmm, maybe a week, or maybe forever?

62. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I totally agree!! :)

63. Mrs. Capers says:

And here I sit, looking at my cat who does nothing useful at all. Once, he accidentally turned the light off….

64. What an amazing li’l hund!

65. LOL One of our cats (Lilac) accidentally turned the lights on in the living room. right after I left the house for work too. The little scamp.

66. Sharon Wilson says:

I wish I could get my kids to do that!

67. Kate in Cali says:

Give a Jack, lots of fun tasks & they are sooooooooo happy! Kudos!

68. Only if you don’t mind noseprints, & smudges higher than he can bounce/reach. ;^)

My sister has a miniature JRT named Bridget the Midget. I am going to send her this video & suggest she put The Midge to work. xD

69. Jesse you are a hero! Are you for hire? ; )

70. Rooanne says:

Wow. I kept thinking, he would make a great service dog!!!

71. OH MY! usually I prefere cats, but..goggies are our friends! luv

72. My childhood dog turned the furnace off on us a couple of times (he must of been upset he had to sleep in the basement), so at least it was just the light.

73. kodalai says:

I wish I had ROOMMATES that did all that, let alone a dog!

74. Georgiabelle says:

Well, you do need some moisture for some of the heavier smears. ;D

75. That is about the smartest dog I have seen, I t makes my dogs look a little, well how can I say this , NOT AS SMART. In fact next time I need some help around the house, I wounder what he charges per hour ?

76. This little guy clearly EARNS his kibble and puppy treats.

77. strixus says:

Wow. This dog is amazing. Watching all of that and thinking how amazing it would be to have a service animal trained to do all of that for me on days when I hurt too much to do those things (seriously, DISHWASHERS ON FLOOR LEVEL CAN DIE), and then thinking how amazing a dog like this would be for some other folks I know who have even worse problems than mine?
    <3 to the happy, can do, I want to help attitude of dogs. Even to my mother in laws big newfie who's job is just being a prop to help her up off the floor and giving GIANT LICKS OF DOOM.

78. rainbowfrogs77 says:

Does he hoop too? Too cute!!!

79. kiragirl says:

awesome!

80. That’s what I thought, too, but I don’t see any mention of it on the YouTube channel for the person who made this video. I would still guess that the material the owner is using to train the dog has a lot of service animal aspects to it.

81. metsakins says:

Did anyone notice, she was wearing dog socks? (@ 2:12)

82. I would love to train my Jack Russell to give me back rubs. He just rolls his eyes at me.

83. Noodles says:

They have so much fun together. It was pure joy to watch!

84. Quite possibly the cutest Jack Russell I’ve ever seen! He even does windows – wow!

85. Fleurdamour says:

What a contrast this is to Cat Hypnotism, just above.

86. How amazing is this little fella. Got some training inspiration from this film. My poor little dog won’t know what hit him!!

87. My cat accidentally turned the stove on once. 0_o;

88. My husband said, “Even if you could guarantee it was just as useful as this dog, you still can’t have one.”

Siiiiigh.

Of course, we all know I couldn’t possibly guarantee any behavior that does not include copious amounts of sleeping in the sun. How could I train a pet to do something I don’t even do myself? :p

89. I tried to show this fabulous video to my Jack Russell…
    no luck …her head was on the pillow next to mine!

90. Dear Jessie:
    What kind of tip is proper ettiquette for a back “muttsage”? heheheh

91. That dog is adorable! Other than my own dog, he’s the cutest dog I ever saw.

92. Omg this is SO good!!!! Lollll