Stubbular Kitten Begging

Prease? [paw paw paw]

We begged Lilian D. to send this to us *just* in the nick of Caturday time.

Comments

1. My bud has a cat that does that. It’ll lie on the end of a sofa arm, and wave his front paws up and down together. I wonder what it means?

2. What a beautiful kitteh. He does the trick, shouldn’t he get the treat, for Bastet’s sake?

3. Oh my gah. His feet are in a permanent plie!!!

4. SQUEE! Turn the volume up!!

5. Ali-baba says:

Oh fer the love of Pete, isn’t there anyone with a sardine or something for this poor lil kitteh? Or maybe a herring…cuz he(she?) kinda looks like a seal when he puts his paws down. :-)

6. Is this a NATURAL kind of movement for cats to do?? I feel like I’ve seen a lot of videos of cats doing that same movement. I’m going to start doing it when I’m hungry, too, and see if my boyfriend will cook for me!

7. ashagato says:

yea, i’m sure he’s starving to death, just like the 13 lb calico who melodramatically teeters on the edge of starvation daily in my home…

8. My friend Mina sent me this, and after further investigation, I realised I have seen this same cat begging before, when it was a just a teeny little kitten, here:

I WANTS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ashagato says:

but he’s sooo cute… and he does kinda look like a seal!

10. That’s no kitten, that’s my k’bunny.
    Someone help him get that double-sided tape off of the sides of his wrists.

11. (The Original) Mel says:

Oh, such pathetic kitteh beggening. Please to give heem meelks or Temtashons or somsings. Can’t you see the starvayshons?

12. Martha in Washington says:

*shoving opened cans of tuna at computer screen*
    Here! Please just stop begging! Take it, take it please! I can’t stand it anymore!

13. Martha in Washington says:

BTW, if my Gemma begged like that, she would weigh 15 pounds instead of her svelte 7.

14. I think this may be kitteh’s version of ballet. Notice the landing in perfect first position?

15. My Maltese pooch does that . . . with a look that would make Oliver Twist’s plea for more porridge look smug by comparison. Amazing. I can refuse him nothing. Liver treats, rawhide chewies, my checkbook, the car keys . . .

16. OMG it’s EARL! Quite some time ago, CO posted a video of Earl as a kitten doing this in front of his food bowl. I’ve been a fan of his ever since! And now that he’s fully grown, he’s still as cute as ever.

17. Well I wondered on the same thing Rose – I think you could have a really good point there – DARN IT – he don;t look happy either

18. Here’s Earl as a kitten, I think. And yes, he’s even more gorgeous now.

19. ratchic says:

Earl. Well that’s just adorable. Both times.

20. OMG. Iz ded, me! :D

21. Earl has the *cutest* cat face ever. :)

22. It’s morning here and I just go up and the first thing I did is check CO ( well after feeding the cat and the squirrels and the birds) and I see THIS! How can I function for the rest of the day when my head exploded from the cute!

23. I can’t take it! I will give that kitteh whatever it wants!

24. I couldn’t help but feel for the poor guy…. but then, I’m owned by a Siamese. *She* got me out of bed this morning just with her MEOW! –loud, demanding, sounding like “FEED ME! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!” kind of meow.

It was cute, though….

25. kodalai says:

I – HAVE – NEVER – HAD – ANY – FOOD! Ever!

Poor smokey kitteh!

26. Lerrinus says:

Pretty kitty! Looks so soft! :-)

27. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

I’m calling the ASPCA right now….

28. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

A friend of mine who lurrrves Los Kittayes as much as I do,
    refers to Pounce as “kitty crack”.

29. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

I gotta admit, a Maltese is pretty darn cute for a doggeh. I’m an affirmed ailurophile and even I can’t imagine turning down a Maltese much. I might be able to resist him/ her in a used-car sales pitch, life insurance or maybe aluminum siding.

Otherwise, though …

30. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

And so evidently ravaged from starvation, too!!!

31. Constance says:

Perfection at last!!!!!

32. crazy wienerdog lady says:

I was wondering if this was the same kitty that was so cute when it was little and begging! He’s sooooo soft looking and that face *ded from cute*. Every time he meows and squints those little eyes I SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

33. crazy wienerdog lady says:
  34. crazy wienerdog lady says:

dammit why didn’t that work!?

35. What do you want?! My breakfast?? Take it! Please! Just stop looking at me like that!!!

36. earlybird1 says:

Never have I seen such earnest beseeching! What a little love!

37. Such an oval little guy!

38. Earl is shaped a lot like my Dante (who is black and white, so gives a rather different impression). You can see the effects of gravity, though, making him look heavier on the bottom. Sort of like a doorstop. :D

39. Remember Pippy? His begging vid was an internet sensayshe three or four years ago.

40. TrixandSam says:

OK, who can resist the “squirrel!!” moments at 1:00 and 1:20???!?

41. chanpon says:

Ok, honey, let’s start the diet next week. I know we’ve been saying that for the last 4.5 years, but just one more time….

42. Hmm, that cat’s paws are so perfectly turned out, it seems almost weird. Maybe it’s managed to achieve this by dint of much begging??

43. Kitty is so pretty. Give it anything it wants.

44. crazy wienerdog lady, I love your wieners!!!!

45. Earl was considerably more svelte as a kitten.

46. somebody gives him something!!

47. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*stifled snerk*

48. Nassegris says:

Gotta love kitties. They have the LOOK down pat. THAT look.

Somewhere in between, “I am starving to death, pretty please, pretty, pretty please…” and “OBEY ME NOW FOR I AM YOUR MASTER!”, wrought to infinite perfection here with gestures on top of the EYES.

I would likely give this cat my soul if he asked for my soul.

49. I am also owned by a Siamese. Blue Point. I think he meowed about 64 times in the period of 60 seconds this morning when I got up. He also has this thing he does, if I walk by without acknowledging him… he bats at my ankles and does a double meowwwww.

50. God, I know it’s unhealthy, but kitties are just SOOOO CUTE when they’re fat. There was this big roly-poly beast kitty at my old vet who’d just lazy around on the counter all day. They called him “Chunky.” I loved that cat.

51. ashagato says:

SOL snerk out loud!!! doorstop ;)

52. All that begging seems to have paid off… so to speak…

53. AWW :D Earl’s meows sound just like our dear departed Smokey used to sound like when she would beg for cheese which she got every time :D

54. Oh dear…that kitty has a PhD on how to look and sound adorable. Is the owner using a tripod to film this? How can she/he not pick up the kitty and snorgle it?

55. It really is the same!!!! THE famous begging kitten
    *dies of heart attack*

56. Noelegy says:

I wonder if kitteh is named after “My Name Is Earl” or the “Earl” was just spontaneously given.

57. Noelegy says:

My Meezer mix, Niko, does what I think of as a double meow too. It’s like a “meow-wow.”

58. I can’t tell for sure, but is he one of those cats that has been bred to have stumpy legs? If so, as much as I love CO I don’t think it should be celebrating breeding deformity for the sake of extra “cuteness.” If that”s not what I’m seeing and this is a natural occurrence, then I apologize.

59. Carol Kolinger says:

What ever he is saying, woke my kitty out of a sound sleep and he walked all around the room trying to find the source…….Of course I had to play it several times just to watch him search…….

60. It is! Several of this cats videos have been on CO if I’m not mistaken.

61. Well, they often called him Speedo but his real name was Mr. Earl.

62. I thought the same thing! Then he’s like, “now where was I? Oh, yes, I’m dying here!”

63. Felicityanne says:

I had a beautiful thin blue cat once, and wanted to call her after the Egyptian goddess, but when I found out the name I just didn’t think I could stand at the door calling it…

64. LovesDogs says:

Please, please, please feed this beautiful kitteh. He’s hungry.

65. Supplication does not suit the feline…
    Deep in his heart, the longing to break the bonds of his human masters grows and swells.
    “Soon we will be free! Then it will be you, human, who will do the begging…”

66. victoreia says:

Yup, they’ve got it all down. I get that treatment the instant I walk through the door when I get home. Doesn’t matter if it’s after a full day of work, or a ten-minute run to the grocery store. One sits by his bowl, and stares at me pitifully, and the other wends her way around my feet, crying about how absolutely STARVING she is.

67. victoreia says:

Um……cats don’t have ‘masters’, they have ‘staff’. Jus’ sayin’…..

68. that was the sweetest.

69. Stephanie says:

My cat Simon was drawn to the computer by the plaintive meows, but the paw pleading action drew a full baroo from him — total 45 degree head tilt action.

70. tobesograteful says:

Oh, don’t let him go on! Give him something to eat already! Who can stand it?!

71. I hate the owner – no food or treats for the little kittie – just standing there with the camera watching the kittie ask for food – not fair!

72. OMG, THE CUTEST THING EVARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! lol, judging by it’s chubbiness, I’m sure it gets lots of treats. As it should, for being like the cutest cat in the world (next to mine of course!)