April Fools Decorating Tip

When planning your annual April Fool’s Day prank, the selection of material is crucial. Will your display be prominent enough to entertain passers-by? Will it be quick to deploy, yet time-consuming for your victim to dismantle? Is it legal?

For many expert pranksters, the answer to these questions can be found in the pages of the Cute Overload Page-A-Day Calendar 2011 (Still 75% useful! Order now!).

“We girls at the office used our time wisely on April 1st,” says Teresa R. No foolin’.

Comments

1. Might be that I’m sleep deprived (or not) or might be just me but if my co-worker did something like that with my work-station, I’d love her forever and ever… are you sure this is considered a prank? Seems to me like it’s some long-overdue redecorating.

2. Darling Creature says:

What does it say about me that I recognize several of these Cute Pages?

3. brinnann says:

:oops: I have two years of CO Calendar pages saved in a file folder, and the first three months of a third year. I can’t seem to make myself throw them away. My calculator tells me that means I have 820 calendar pages. :shock:

I also have their original boxes…

4. sigh… I wish I worked with such fun people… bunch of accounting nerds here…

5. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I can still see the keyboard.

6. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

The first step is admitting you have a problem …

7. bookmonstercats says:

I can understand it perfectly. But perhaps you need box-hab….

8. bookmonstercats says:

Bunch of lawyer nerds here. I am a lawyer nerd myself, to a degree, but obviously, I have a life, albeit a weird and happy one, singing and spending time on C.O.

9. bunch of library nerds here — redundant, that

10. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

I also like how, after all the other considerations,
    NTM advises keeping “is it legal?” in mind ….:)

11. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Stoopid computerworld. I SAID :) at the end and I WANT MY emoticon, daggnabbit!!! :(

12. Well yes, I am an accountant nerd too, to a degree, but I also have a real & happy outside life…

13. Umm….. you say this is April Fool’s but this is pretty much what my desk looks like every day! In fact, I recognise a bunch of these pages cause I look at them every single day…..

Oh damn, what does that say about me!? ;)

14. Too funny! I would love to come in to a cubicle ‘decorated’ thusly.

15. CO, April Fool’s Day, and Friday all at the same time! I am inspired to share a haiku recently written by my 15-year-old nephew:

Haikus can be cool
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

16. Wonderful! Or should I say, shoehorn! :mrgreen:

17. kibblenibble says:

Hahahahaha! :lol:

18. OMG! I see my baby corgi Copper’s picture just to the right of the paper holder. I had no idea he made it into the calendar!

19. HillCat says:

I love this! I would very much enjoy sitting on kittens and puppies all day long….um, I mean their pictures!

20. Hon Glad says:

Looks like my home filing system.

21. I love the part about rendering you useless until the afternoon.. but really it would render me useless for at least a whole day maybe longer. LOL

blender (see Haiku above :D )

22. some of the funnest people i’ve met are library nerds :)

23. That is not an April fool’s prank, that’s my dream work environment!

24. One of my favorites had to be when we shrink wrapped someone’s cubicle. The chair, the keyboard, the entrenceway,

25. My boss played teh perfect April Fools joke on me today.
    He made a bunch of copies of a paer clip. and stuck them in the drawer of teh copy/scanner machine.
    So I go back to make copies of rental deposits
    and ther eis a papper clip in the middle of my copy. I am looking at it thinking but I don’t see a paper clip on there maybe when I took weverything off I knocked it on the floor . so i put everything back on there and make another copuy… nope tehre is the paper clip again in a new spot.

now I am thinking where teh heck is it I make a plain copy with nothing and there is teh clip and Now I am thinking how the heck did that get in there .
    I am looking at the machine trying to figure out how it got in and how the heck am I going to get it out and OMG when I call teh service people they are going to be laughing for days.

It is at this juncture that the boss comes over and asks what is happening and I explain that some how this paperclip got into the copier and it is now copying on every paper … and he says Hunh I wonder how that got in there.
    And I say I don’t know I am trying to see where it got in but I can’t find it and I can’t see it on the scanner bar inside either.. then boss starts cracking up and opens the paper drawer and there are a bunch of papers with paper clips copied on them.
    So funny and the best joke ever. :D

26. Noelegy says:

I freely admit to keeping all of the kitty-themed 2011 CO calendar pages in hopes of doing some sort of collage…someday…

Re: April Fool’s Day. My husband is something of a joker. He’s never mean-spirited about it (one of the many reasons I love him) but he definitely has a healthy funny bone. I warned him this morning that he might want to watch out today because something tells me that he just might have some karma built up at work, what with all the tales he brings home to me. :)

27. Noelegy says:

That is some dedication to a joke, KA!

If I tried that, I’d probably get fired.

28. Emmberrann says:

Would that be a JD degree?

29. Emmberrann says:

Um, no, I mean, is that a CPA degree? or a Celsius?

30. Not to be a downer, but here goes anyway…. you may want to explain the idea of copyright to your nephew, 15 is old enough to know better. http://www.threadless.com/product/623/Haikus_Are_Easy_But_Sometimes/tab,guys/style,shirt

Also, yay CO calendars! Sorry again for the downer.

31. I make wrapping paper out of mine. It rawks.

32. Now that’s a boss with a good sense of humor!

33. I remember when they did something like that on Homicide: Life on the Streets. Basically, you put your hand on the scanner and say a true or false statement. The copy would say if it’s true or false.

You’d be surprised how many times, “I didn’t do it” came out false.

34. tracylee says:

this is exactly how I imagine the administrative wing of the C.O. offices!
    only, everyone in my image also has an emergency kitty-huffing dropdown thingy directly overhead for particularly stressful days. and there are puppies sleeping underneath every desk.

35. Martha in Washington says:

“Yet time-consuming for your victim to dismantle” Why would they want to?

36. Now you *gotta* buy one! Or two!

37. reese120 says:

hahaahahahahah i would love that to happen to mine

38. It says so much, and all of it is cute! :)

39. wow.

40. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

– or thirty-nine??

41. flutterby says:

This makes me miss the days of working in an office with fun and clever peoples!

42. (The Original) Mel says:

If someone did that to me, I would act as if nothing was amiss, sit down and start working per usual just to freak my jokesters out.

43. I think that even beats moving the refrigerator door handle to the hinged side. :-D

44. victoreia says:

Um….[clears throat, whispers] you forgot a space between those two periods.

[normal voice] Or, the computer’s playing jokes on you….

45. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

And that’s when we would activate… the ejector seat we secretly installed! You walked right into our little trap! WHAH-hahahahaaaa!

46. What a great way to use old CO calendars! :-)

With Love and Gratitude,

Jeremiah

47. tracylee says:

(somebody tell Meg we need a Goose update…)

48. SoccerSue says:

Seeveral years ago one of the receptionists at my office faxed a phone message to our physician assistant asking him to call a patient at work because she had a question. The patient’s name was Myra Mains and the work # was…a funeral home.

So our PA, completely oblivious, calls a funeral home and says, “May I speak to Myra Mains?” (say it out loud, peeps)

49. SoccerSue says:

Oops, “several.”

50. BWAHAHAHAHA!

51. HEheheheh Too funny

52. You mean it’s not supposed to be there?

53. :D YAY! :D

54. Lerrinus says:

:lol: :lol: :lol: *totally crackin’ up* Thanks, I needed that!

55. Lewis n' Clark says:

at least elebenty!

56. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

@ Victoreia:

I choose to blame the Compooter.
    Even if it *WAS* my typing.

Signed,
    My Denial Is Fun.
    And so is My Immaturity.

So there.

57. victoreia says:

:lol:

Sincerely,

That’s My Story, and I’m Sticking To It!

58. victoreia says:

Mine, too. Except mine doesn’t actually have CO vibes……

59. Yes, please!!

60. This reminds me of my office. My co-workers and I talk about our pets as if they were our kids. I think that’s why we get along so well!

61. ashagato says:

am i the only one who uses old CO calendar pages for note pages the rest of the year? it’s the gift that keeps on giving!

62. Guys, there is now a contest to name the Bronx Zoo Cobra!!!

I’ve been following her Twitter feed, and she is not taking this imprisonment lying down. :mrgreen:

63. Computer nerds/geeks here. :P

64. Teresa R says:

The originator of the prank signing in here (me) and we are IT nerds! The guy who’s desk I covered was out for the day and came back to this, I had over 2 years of pages saved….he worked like that for a few weeks and would pull off a few from time to time and ball them up into paper balls and save them. Eventually revenge came to me in the form of cute overload calender paper balls finding there way everywhere including my co-conspirators car….it was weeks before it was over but we all had tons of laughs over it.

65. SYNESTHESIA says:

someone do this to my desk