Seeing! Is! Believing!

It is one of the most mysterious forms of canine behavior, rumored but rarely witnessed–until today. Now, for the first time, thanks to the miracle of high-speed photography, we are able to watch a dog inhaling a cake.

Well, that was quick, Phil H.

Comments

1. Is this one excited vacuum cleaner?

2. Stephanie B. says:

Haha! Does the dog have its eyes closed because it blinks at the camera flash? Awh, I used to do that when I was a wee one.

3. Ha! Ha! Ze puppy he is fast,oui? But Gigi she can beat him!
    I vill chalange him with ze chocolat cake at 10 feet.
    Un…deux…trois… Mangez!!

4. Ooooh, he is TOO cute!! Is it weird that I want to let him give me a frosting smooch?

5. LOL! What happens when French person tries to write a French accent??
    She is sent to the mod lounge. Waiting patiently wile eating my piece of chocolate cake :-)

6. 260Oakley says:

I bet that dessert came from the SPCA, ’cause it sure looks like pound cake to me.

7. Best part is, he doesn’t even get up to eat it!

8. Puppycake, puppycake…

9. SoCratesX53 says:

Did he eat the plate too? LOL

10. (The Original) Mel says:

Frosted dog jowls, my favorite!

11. I bet he’s going to blame that toy for snarfling the entire cake. “No really, I just tasted the frosting.”

12. Andi from NC says:

That 4th pic is so “mmmm this is sooo goood”

13. You know what’s good with cake, MILK!
    Turn up the sound and look at this, and just try not to splode from the cute!!

14. baby birdie says:

Oooooookaaaaaaay.

15. I love that he brought his little security blanket/stuffed animal to his birthday party. Cute.

16. Oh the nomming sounds! Clever kitty.

17. Hey you dog! You going to get fat!!

*trying to give him a complex*

Never works on my cat =*(

18. (The Original) Mel says:

I’ll see your cake-eating challenge and raise you a box of donuts.

19. Oh, yeah? Just wait 1.5 MORE minutes for that cake to make its reappearance in -shall we say- deconstructed form

20. TrixandSam says:

Yeay, yeay, YEAY!!!!! Bravo!

21. And before anyone nuffs, it looks like that is a dog food cake.

22. my family calls our dustbuster the “electric dog”. So yes :)

23. victoreia says:

That’s what I thought, too!

24. ScooterB says:

OK, that one elicited a big groan from me. Well done. I’ll take the punishment.

25. Yes!

26. Thats what I was thinkin

27. Bunnyfluffs says:

rainbow frosted puppywips!
    iced flibberties!

28. Ali-baba says:

Throw in a box of Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and I’m there! :-)

29. Ali-baba says:

Niiiiice! Iced flibberties is now my fav-o-rite phrase! :-)

30. BUUUURP!

31. I do believe you are taking liberties with those flibberties!

32. Martha in Washington says:

I bet in another :55 the floor will be spotless too!

33. Martha in Washington says:

Excuse you! :)

34. Youngsters these days, no manners.

35. Probably because it sounded too authentic. Go for the more outrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrageous Frawnch occent.

36. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

BUT !!! Enquiring Minds *MUST* know.
    Is the cake frosted with Buttercream, with Fondant or with Ganache ???

Hint: if it’s Buttercream, I’m in.

37. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

Muzzlepowsche, muzzlepowsche, bake me a cake …

38. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Gigi!!
    Comme c’est un/une chat beau/ belle!!!
    And such delicate, lovely table manners!! No elbows on the table, etc :)

39. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

Right?
    Where’s his fork and his napkin???? The NERVE.

40. Flibberty-jibbets!

That was one of my mom’s phrases when I was growing up. I always got the impression it meant silly, hyperactive, goofy, etc.

41. The CO page-a-day calendar had the burping Siamese kittens on yesterday (3/29)’s page. It provided a sort of extended-release chortle that I needed all day long.

42. What kind of doggeh is he? He’s adorahbuhls!

43. sunnylessmum says:

Love, love, LOVE that this adored dog gets his or her own cake! So great that a well loved and cared for pet gets EVEN happier! Yay! Can you even imagine the intensity of the tail wagging that is going on while cake is being snorfed?!

44. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Agreed.

45. There is a sweet Dogue de Bordeaux near me, who chills in his yard on nice days. When I stop by and say hello, he sometimes drags out his toys to show them to me. It’s unbearably cute. :D

46. Not mine either. He’s fat, and he still sits next to me while I’m doing yoga, and twists himself into a pretzel. Snotty little booger. :P

47. Ewwww

48. Maribeth says:

Me, three! I want to see the shot from 3:23…….

But it’s all worth it for a few minutes of canine bliss!!

49. Maribeth says:

He’s a velvet dog….

50. My dogs where invited to a dog birthday party and it’s owner made a cake with dog biscutes baked in it, and all the dogs that came to the party had cake and she even went and bought this dog icecream and all the dogs just loved it, It was her dogs first birthday and there was 6 dogs that came to the dogs party and there was food for the people and treats for the dogs and she put a pool out for the dogs to play in. it was a very fun time for both the dogs and the people

51. heehee! Need a glass of milk with that?

52. er, referring to the frosted dog jowls….. (red face)

53. Sounds heavenly! :-D

54. He looks like he thoroughly enjoyed that!

55. Lerrinus says:

Niiiiiice!!! :-)

56. ratchic says:

Wait!! What is the time lapse on that? One point five-five seconds or one minute fifty five seconds? Are those the real times or just part of NTM’s hoverfunnin’s?