Let’s get schnozzular, schnozzular!

I wanna get schnozzular
One Year on Flickr!
let’s get into schnozzular [SNORF]

This echidna (what’s that!?) brot to you by stellar sender-inner Johanna S.

1. Martha in Washington says:

OMG! Look at those prickles! I think I’ll adore him from afar!

2. Martha in Washington says:

Also–adorabuhls! Echidna you not! *apologizes profusely for that*

3. bookmonstercats says:

4. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

*approving snerk for the muy clevaire pun*

5. Mary (the first) says:

Now that’s cute of a different kind altogether!

6. Now that’s cute of a different kind!

7. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

It’s also a porcupine of a different color :)

8. victoreia says:

Now that’s cute of a different kind!

9. (The Original) Mel says:

Prickly Blorp.

10. He’s been a bit heavy handed with the hair gel and highlights.

11. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

But I think it WORKS on the runway !!!!

12. He looks like Guy Fieri! (or rather, his “hair” looks like Guy’s hair)

13. a punk rock star?

14. Nah, it’s Olivia Snouton John!

15. Poor echidna. It always seems to come in second on most people’s list of “favorite egg-laying mammal”.

Other fun echidna facts, courtesy of Wikipedia, baby echidnas are called puggles, echidna’s (and platypus) don’t have nipples, and they were named after a monster in Greek mythology.

16. okay, so obviously, I forgot to close my link tab. A little help here?

17. peppermintflavoredmouse says:

I knew they were named after Typhon’s mate Echidna, but I didn’t know the other facts. Puggles? I thought that was a pug/beagle mix!

18. Hahaha, Martha in Washington!

19. What an adorable pin cushion!

20. I’ve met a couple of echidnas – one strolled into my school one day, casual as you please. My school was only a couple of hundred yards from Kuringai Chase National Park (where Skippy was filmed) so he probably didn’t have far to walk. (Here, only that huge freeway didn’t exist at the time.)

21. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

*begins singing “I was strolling through the park, one daaaaaaaaaaaaaay….”

22. Rappenwolf says:

Whatever Echidna is using for hair product, I want it!

23. it’s a nosicle-sicle

24. Is it just me, or is his shnozz upside down?

25. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Ya dumayiu chto, eta an elephant, wearing a fancy spiny coat for the Oscars!!!

26. Sharon Wilson says:

Hey, they showed one of these in “Guardians of Ga’Hoole!”

27. Colonel Jenna says:

The spiny echidna was the second-greatest thing at the Taronga Zoo, IMO. They are just the size of a soccer ball and so keen!

(Greatest thing was a platypus eating a crawdad. Great for me, great for the platypus, not so great for the crawdad.)

28. What about wombats? *pouting*

29. Colonel Jenna says:

Wombats were in a tie for third. They were asleep, but so cute and chubby looking! My hosts told me of a campground they’d visited, where you tripped over the wombats at night, but I don’t know if that wasn’t the sort of story you tell the tourists.

30. He looks quite a bit like Spiny Norman:

31. That’s what Knuckles the Sega character is.

32. @David
    Yes, yes! And I never knew what an echidna was UNTIL I saw Knuckles when I played the “Sonic the Hedgehog 3” Sega game way back when! They are really fascinating creatures. :)

33. BatBlaster says:

Ideed, reminds me of the book signing I went to the other day

34. BatBlaster says:

Turns out thats the favorite animal of the person signing, and little known outside the Sonic Fandom

35. BatBlaster says:

So little known in fact there are only 34 comments on this post

36. BatBlaster says:

And of coarse, no one cares, but someone I sent it too joked about hugging it. So what other animals in Australia are that adorable? Oh yeah, and I told the person signing that their scientific name means fast tounge, and not to steal their emeralds

37. BatBlaster says:

And no one cares Bindi Irwin likes this critter

38. Gail White says:

And let’s get spicular! Spicular!

39. BatBlaster says:

I see you understand the POINT of this post

40. Did anyone yet share that echidnas have four penises? and that they are the only egg laying mammal?! these things are crazy! i just learned about them last week, not echidnaing you!

41. BatBlaster says:

You are forgetting the platypodes, which is funny as usually people forget the echidnas and only talk about Ornithorhycus anaitus.