A Most Royal Declaration

Queen Utterly Glorious Superior Indulgent was being driven through her vast kingdom when she ordered her carriage driver to stop at once. She got out, and surveying her domain, declared, “mew.”

How very grand, Steven B.

Comments

1. Mew!!!!

2. meoowmom says:

oh I is soo hungry….I could nom-nom that lil cutie in one bite….

actually I just wanna hold the precious kitty kat
    =^..^=

3. “We are not amused”

4. Let them eat kibble.

5. Andi in NC says:

Higgenbotham, bring ’round the carriage. I feel like fresh air. I’m quite sure my people want to see their Queen!

6. Andi in NC says:

such sweepy, sweepy wittle eyes… so tie tie…

7. and a q-tip for every eyeball.

8. Welshcake says:

Is that the Official Wills ‘n’ Kate Royal Wedding Kitteh? We’ve had everything else (including sick bags) so why not?

9. 260Oakley says:

Sir Purrcival here has been known to make biscuits in the royal lap while the monarch was “on the throne”, thus the origin of “The King’s Screech.”

10. Hon Glad says:

The poor are so amewsing.

11. TrixandSam says:

*Executes deepest official bow to royalty*

260O, we are not worthy.

12. MOST Rrrroyal (with a rolled “R”)

13. Queen UGSI for short :-)

14. her ears are still on the sides of her hed.
    tiny kitteh, sleepy kitteh, purr purr purr.

15. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

– But WE are !!11!! :)

16. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

17. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*giggle*

18. You can almost hear her referring to herself as “we”.

19. Jimbeaux says:

Shouldn’t it be ‘We are not a-mew’sd?’

20. michelle adams says:

The tiny earsies! Squee (ahem, clears throat, straightens shoulders and in general acquires a stuffed shirt manner). The current meowarch is an excellent example of the lateralized minipinna, (vulgarly translated small ear by the vast, uneducated hordes), as well as a firm chin and stiff upper lip. The regal half-closed eyelids are NOT to be taken as any form of surrender to fatigue; royalty does not ogle their devoted; they demurely, and with measured interest, observe.

21. michelle adams says:

as befitting a commoner such as myself, i await Her Royal Dispensation in the Moderation Receiving Room!

22. her Royal Highness would like to make aproclamation. There shall from this day hince forth and this time such an such as it may be deemed appropriate a fish bowl in each home.. with two not one but two gold fish for the amewsment of each resident cat. Furthermore there shall be a yarn ball for frivolaties. Let it be known that all my subjects shall be required to pet me, carry me wherever I should desire and feed me gooshy food on demand.
    That is All!

The Queen has spoken.

23. I missed that one by a mile didn’t I, well I was still half asleep.
    That’s my story and I’m sticking to it ;-)

24. Sick bags??? That’s sick!

25. I declare her my queen. Hopefully, she will accept my Opal as a Lady in Waiting.

26. 260Oakley says:

Barfingham Palace
    tee hee hee hee

27. kibblenibble says:

The ears! The peenkness! The random sticky-outy fuzz! *clunk*

28. wuyizidi says:

Meh, a fastidious cleanliness betrays the classical bourgeois fear of status slippage, therefore not something our cute overlord is concerned with in the slightest.

29. LOL! LTYL (laugh till you leak)!

30. And does Her Majesty still believe six impossible things before breakfast?

31. I, for one, welcome my new Cute Overlord.

(Is this the umpteenth time someone has made this joke here, or what?)

32. sunnylessmum says:

s’ok, it never gets old! :)

33. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

That actually quite closely matches the details of my particular reactions.

34. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Here’s a Rubiks Cube to while away the time.

35. And the head pointiness! Gah.

36. NurseNoir says:

I wish my Gramma Freda (RIP) could get her hands on HRH here: no kitteh, royal or commoner, escaped Gramma’s ministrations with a moistened tissue. She could not abide a nose or eye boogaire in her presence.
    That said… AWWWWW!!!

37. Welshcake says:

Oh ’tis true, but not – I imagine – Buckingham Palace approved…

38. It’s Hello Kitty’s baby picture!

39. Is anyone else thinking of the kitty puppet on Mr. Rogers’s Neighborhood? The one who meow-meow said everything meow-meow like this?

40. You could fit that whole little head in your mouth, probably. *considers*

41. TrixandSam says:

Methinks Gramma Freda was friends with Theresa’s Dad, the Spit King?

42. Henrietta Pussycat!

43. Mary (the first) says:

What adorable little ear nubbins! I could easily become her subject. Easily.

44. Me too!!! (Raises hand and waves wildly)

45. What a haughty creature. She deserves a good snorgling to bring her down to earth.

46. My mother would do the same thing with a tissue, but we often had to specify — nay, demand — that the tissue be free of “surprises” in advance of such cleaning, as it was usually withdrawn, crumpled, from her sleeve for use.

47. I’m going to try to find at least five ways to use “lateralized minipinna” today. My new favorite phrase.

48. Don’t try it, not even people from Land of Rising Cute could do it:

49. Whew! :)

50. I love the narrative for this photo. So perfect! :)

51. I concur. ;)

52. NurseNoir says:

Familial saliva has magical powers. Generally, it seems that female relatives administer it- I’m glad to hear of at least one male who does. Where can I find out more about Theresa’s Dad, the Spit King?

53. The Little Myrmidon says:

HRH needs the attentions of the royal eye-booger remover.

54. Does a queen rule over a kingdom?

55. Is it wrong that I want to paint my kitchen the color of those little ears?

56. victoreia says:

“Where is my tuna?”

57. victoreia says:

Bu…but….your Majesty, the yarn of frivolity would get eaten by my pudge-boy! And then I’d have to take him back to the vet hospital….AGAIN!

58. Bunnyfluffs says:

EARS.

..the ears.

59. ashagato says:

i have a journal with a picture of alice saying that on the front :)

60. “Prepare the royal palanquin!” {claps hands, er, paws}

61. baby birdie says:

Land of the Rising Cute? Hmm…I’ll save that for later and use it unexpectedly.

62. Katherine says:

Hahaha!! Perfect!

63. The poor kitten, it looks like it needs a nap

64. sunnylessmum says:

I keep coming back to look at the wee ear buds. And the small baby muzzlepouche. I’m glad the human finger is there for perspective so we can tell just how small this kitten is! Yay!

65. Is there any other kind of palanquin? :-)

66. Thank you! Couldn’t remember her name and can’t access YouTube at work (shakes fist).

67. TrixandSam says:

NN – usually Theresa responds when she sees even a whisper of a mention of The Spit King… Let’s see if this draws her attention.

68. puddlepeppers says:

Barfingham Palace–great

69. I don’t know….. is Lady Gaga considered royalty? ;-)

70. Ha, ha. Eggstravagant, yes. Eggcellency, nooo!

71. Same here, Mary (the first) :D

72. Yay! My picture made it to the site!

A little backstory, this little kitten was one of three we saw on a trip down the street to the farmer’s house. He has a ton of cats that breed all year long and there are always kittens around to play with.

More pics of HRH here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbley/sets/72157625246868542/

73. The Disapproval tag really needs to be applied here.

74. well-played!

75. Your wish is my command! Done.

76. baby birdie says:

Queen Meowrie Antoinette says, “Let them eat Friskies! ♫Friskies♫…♫feed♫ ♫the♫ ♫seeeeen-seeeeees♫…”

77. baby birdie says: