Let’s visit the farrrm—EW!!!!!!

OMG, Scamp! STOP IT, SCAMP!

EWWWWWWWWWW!

Sender-Inner Kristen L. says: “This is Scamp. He is a Yorkie-poo. On his first visit to a farm, he REALLY wanted to meet the cows, so I lifted him up to say “Hello”. I didn’t expect him to get fresh.”

Comments

1. Tastes like chicken.

2. Adorable!

3. I love the way that cow’s nose is speckled on one side and black on the other. I would kiss it, too!

4. 260Oakley says:

Man, that’s some cowlick.

5. Do I taste just a hint of cherry with a slight astringency of oak and subtle overtones of honey and apples?

Oh, and cow sweat.

6. 260Oakley says:

Luckily, Scamp wasn’t introduced to the other end of the cow. That would have been totally tongue-in-cheek.

(Couldn’t resist this completely juvenile Punday bonus.)

7. Scamp and Scamp’s Mommy are lucky the cow didn’t return the favor. As little as Scamp is, he would have been Cow Spitted from nose to tail.

That said, I once spent one of the more entertaining and kinda gross afternoons ever, watching cows in their pasture. Their tongues are so long and flexible _they lick their OWN noses_!

8. May we please have an “I shall leeeck you” tag?

9. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

He’s just lucky the cow didn’t return the favor. Scamp would have been slurped upside the head real good.

10. :D

11. Second this!
    Even though I’m sure someone double-dawg-dared him to stick his tongue to a poll.

12. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa—-aaaaaaaaaa!!!!

13. kibblenibble says:

Cow nosies are VERY cute! Wet, but cute. Love the chin wheeskers.

14. arachnophile says:

I’m sorry, that’s not an EWWWWww. That is a DAaWWwwWW!

Actually, by dog standards he’s being polite too. :) I love it.

15. baby birdie says:

I tewtelly agree.

16. TrixandSam says:

I believe there are grassy notes that come through on the finish.

17. Did they come over and stare at you like an exhibit in a museum (moo-seum)? In my experience, that’s a typical bovine move. I once walked through a cow pasture in southern England, and the cows followed me like it was a parade, LOL

18. DslainteC says:

That’s snot the right way to see a cow’s nose.

19. For just sampling the dairy-air? :mrgreen:

20. It’s a big, beefy bouquet.

21. Martha in Washington says:

“I wasn’t gonna eat it, I was just gonna taste it.”

I love how the cow seems to have stopped eating that small twig while greeting the dog? I love it when cows leave part of their snacks hanging from their mouths. In fact, I just love cows.

22. Martha in Washington says:

Our herd of pet cows used to follow my siblings and I and all of our barn cats around the pasture. All we needed was a marching band!

23. Wow!

24. HAW!

25. Tastes just like beef flavored dog food, I bet

26. great action shot!
    he was just sayin hello big guy, nice to meet, i mean kiss u!!!

27. I used to love cows when I was a little girl, then one day we went to visit my aunt in New-Brunswick. We went shopping and my aunt bought me a nice new dress. I wanted to wear it right away but my mom said she had to wash it first.
    She did and hung it dry behind the house, the next day when I got up I ran outside to get my beautiful new red dress and found a cow EATING IT! It was totally ruined, I was angry with cows for a wile after that LOL!

28. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

HAW !!11!!!

29. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

chaw-clat chippies!!!

30. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“Y’awl” are hittin’ home-runs today !!!!11!!!!

31. To each his own…That’s what the old woman said when she kissed the cow.

32. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

(please excuse my jesting with your tragic red dress event)

Did the cow say, whether the dress tasted like chikkin????? :)

PS: I truly do feel how sad a sweet little girl would feel about,
    after all, a RED DRESS / squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

33. Queen of Dork says:

To me, this picture is gross. (am I the only one?) He’s going in for the buggers. The dog’s tongue looks slimy and the cow looks like a gross, slobbery, wet, slimy mess. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Yeck. But I guess the concept of the animals loving each other is kind of cute. (blech)

34. victoreia says:

This is udder-ly silly.

35. Queen of Dork says:

:) !

36. Mary (the first) says:

Thenk you. Thenkyouveryymuch.

37. Alice Shortcake says:

Scamp got off lightly. My family used to lived next door to a farm, and our freshly-bathed dog loved nothing more than leaping over the fence to wallow in cow-poo.

38. 260Oakley says:

Shampoop
    Slather. Rinse. Repeat.

39. kibblenibble says:

I get what you mean, Queen. If it makes you feel better, the vast majority of the moisture you see on a cow’s, dog’s, cat’s or any other critter’s nose is from when they lick said nose. So it’s spit, not snot. Slightly better? Or still too graphic? Anyway, it helps me. :-?

40. *schnort* :lol:

41. So, the question is, which do you prefer, spit or snot? 8O

42. Wow, we were just on spit and snot above, and you took it all the way to poo! Way to escalate the “Eww” quotient! :mrgreen:

43. 260Oakley says:

It all comes out in the end.

44. Depends where you’re sitting. :P

45. Cowsicle!

46. Cows are obviously in the same family as rabbits. If you cross their path, they’ll all freeze and stare at you with evil eyes.

but they’re also sweet. They eat out of your hand and lick you. When I fed a horse out of my hand, the only thing it did was sniff and nibble my fingers to see if THEY were edible as well.

47. Anonymous Coward says:

That was just positively, wonderfully bad.

B-)

48. Isn’t Scamp the very best possible name for a wee fellow such as this??

49. April's NaNa says:

On a visit to my cousin’s farm I noticed all the kids gathered by the fence watching the herd. All the cows were in a tight circle facing inward. At the center, seeming to float on the tips of the grass was a motionless, empty white plastic bag. There was a low rumble circulating amoungst the group of cows, as if they were discussing this new “critter”. “I don’t know. What do you think it is?” “I dunno.” ” Never saw one before.” About this time a small breeze caught said bag and it tumbled rather quickly toward the nearest cow. She jerked her head up, stuck her tail straight in the air, and RAN bellowing loudly to the far end of the pasture, followed in close formation by all her sisters sounding the same alarm. We cruel spectators laughed ’til tears rolled forth!

50. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Really? You’re imagining all that negative stuff? Too bad for you.

51. April's NaNa says:

Cool, I have not visited the Mod Lounge before. Please pass the carrots and celery sticks and I will try to be patient…..

52. i appreciate the look of intensity on his face. it’s the same look my wee mr. poopers has when licking the air when a pot of stew is bubbling on the stove.

53. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Here ya go!!11!!

54. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*Begins humming a marching tune*

55. *juvenile snicker*

56. A poll! Bwah!

57. Aah! That was one of my dad’s favorite sayings! :mrgreen:

Except I think it was a man who kissed the cow…

58. Oh no, nonsense! Here, check this out:

59. kibblenibble says:

Yum! Makes you wanna get moderated on purpose!

60. Martha in Washington says:

I’m sorry O no, but Theresa wins!

61. I love this story! Thanks for sharing it! Such a lovely image :)

62. April's NaNa says:

Ah! Thank you for the beautiful veggies and the fab desserts. They are a treat for the eyes as well as the pallette! :-)

63. Yes! There is definitely an attempted leeecking going on here!

64. TrixandSam says:

I think we know which Theresa prefers!!!!

65. Oh, I am famous for being snotty. :mrgreen:

66. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*snif*
    But….but…April asked for CELERY and CARROTS, not foofy lil’ luncheon sweets ….*anguised sob*

67. In 1st grade I was made to stand in the hall and miss a party, for quoting the following (my DAD taught me) as a show-and-tell poem:

I kissed a friendly brown-eyed cow,
    Who gives us milk and cheese;
    I’m lying in my nursery now,
    With foot-and-mouth disease.

68. A calf sucked my whole hand into his mouth once. It tickled.

69. Hmph. Philistines don’t appreciate art.

70. Of course, April asked for those things because she didn’t know she could get the pastries. :mrgreen:

71. Calves smell of buttermilk.

72. Unbelievably unfair! Especially since catching foot-and-mouth is a very real possibility for country kids! A teachable moment lost. Tsk!

73. Time to repaint the Sistine Chapel!

74. ElishaB. says:

Too funny!!!!

75. One of my dad’s favorite poems was:

I’ve never seen a purple cow,
    I never hope to see one,
    But with the milk we’re getting now
    There certainly must be one.
    :mrgreen:

76. April's NaNa says:

Sorry about the “thread-jack” but I received an e-mail claiming to be from CO but with another address asking me to subscribe to CO..is this “legit” or some sort of “phishing” scam?