Needs More Cats!

Ahem! As your muse, I notice you may have forgotten someone in your story? Someone who was ever present as you burned the midnight oil, who swatted your keystrokes, who chewed your rough draft, who shredded your final manuscript? Who? No! Not your editor!

You’re the cutest spellchecker ever, Bridget. Photo sent in by Emily.

Comments

1. Awww, loves me some tabbies!

2. No important project is complete without a “cat mat.” Good work, Bridget, keep it up!

3. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Meeeeeeeee-YOOOOOOWWWWW!!!11!!
    aka: “Ooooh, baybee BAYbee!!!11!!!” :)

4. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

PS: Bridget is chewing the writer OUT!!!!

(Beat ya to that one, 2600…go fer tha next one !!!) ;)

5. “Bridget.” What a sweet little name for a little meow-meow.

6. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Also also: “Yang yahng yang!!!!”

7. 260Oakley says:

Kitty gives new meaning to the term “nom de plume”.

Right back at ya’!

8. NYAHNG NYAHNG NYAHNG!

9. victoreia says:

If you’re not careful, she’ll demand co-author credit, like Midnight Louie did.

10. PS: I always called my Stinky my “research assistant” when I was in grad school. He was a terrible research assistant, but the best cat. :D

11. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

ka-BLAMMO!!! Nice Volley!!

Is that, your way of “chat”izing me????
    (giggle) ( “chat” no esta “chast-” :) )

12. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Izzit “JINX” if our phrasing varies by one alphabet letter, Th. ??

13. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Even if you *ARE* careful, she may very well still do so :)

14. 260Oakley says:

Truman Catpote composes another biting satire.

15. kibblenibble says:

Theresa, my kitty Witchy was my study buddy. She would lay all over my papers and books as I sat at the computer. She helped me get through a lot. She was also not much of a real help, but I wouldn’t have traded her for anything.

16. I think there’s a little more gun action in mine. :mrgreen:

17. You would think that white paws would be so impractical

18. 260Oakley says:

Dear Tabby and her pen pal work on this week’s column.

19. Queen of Dork says:

*CRONCH!*

20. baby birdie says:

“NO!!! It’s D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y, not D-E-F-I-N-A-T-E-L-Y!!!”

21. Oops, that was “gum” action!

22. I *LOVE* kittehs with dark nosicles!

23. acommenter says:

It’s a Gelly Roll! Glad I’m not the only one that still uses them :)

24. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

I THOUGHT that mighta been “whutchewtalkin’ ’bout, Willis” :)

– such a difference, in one letter, huh???

25. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

26. I’m surprised that no one said anything about the litter-”airy” reference.

27. That’s probably because little isn’t usually all that airy. :mrgreen:

28. I meant “litter” of course. :roll:

29. I always get that one wrong

30. I was thinking the fella holding the pen there may not want, or may d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y want, to chew the end of that pen himself, as some folks do while pondering thoughts.

31. Princess of Insolence says:

Mmmmmmmmm, a salmon-flavored pen. How thoughtful!

32. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Also also:

Here Bridget demonstrates the activity which immediately precedes “hacking” in more-traditional, hand-written writing.
    More-modern, computer-based “hacking” does not require the digestive system of a cat.

33. I had the same problem with Valium.
    Except I’m a painter.
    I’m now an expert in the “shove-a-paint-covered-cat-under-the-water-tap-before-it-dried-out-dammit-big-oaf-stop-struggling-it-s-for-your-own-damn-good”

34. April's NaNa says:

Three-N-one post *Oakley* You have outdone even yourself this time! Way to go! Oh, and BTW gorgeous kitteh!

35. Orange, yet!

36. Aww what a sweet playful kitty, love the socks and the splayed legs. Agreed, Bridget is an awesome name for a cat.

37. Your cat’s name is Valium? That’s just awesome. :D

38. I totally agree with you, Tal :D That is one kitty I would just love to give lots and lots of cuddling and snorgling :D

39. MamaMclain says:

Such a feminine name for a sweet kitty, and a hairy arm for a sweet orange pen.

40. Calliope says:

Here’s one kitty who knows the difference between dependent and independent claws. :)

“What font is that? Times Mew Roman?”

41. Well, it’s better than getting out the shears and razor. I’m guessing though that ‘valium’ ain’t the most active of cats judging by that name.

42. Guy does not take an obviouis hint. Lying on the page that you are highlighting is a clear signal that “I need snorgling and petting!”

43. He was always asleep as a kitten and it was the V year for naming pet. I wanted to name the little one Prozac, but she was so tiny, I kept the name she was given at the refugie.
    Crevette.
    Means Shrimp.
    She’s about half the size and weight of Valium.

44. Yeah he is… Hu… Mostly unactive. And still manage to be a tall and muscular cat. 7,5 kg of love that I have to wrestle every time he tried to sample the paint.

45. bookmonstercats says:

Hello, fellow Midnight Louie fan. I’ve already got my “Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme” on order.

46. OMG OMG OMG it’s our picture! I sent this in, like, YEARS ago. Five years ago I think. So cool!

To all her admirers — Bridget accepts your tribute, which is her natural due, but not your snorgles or petting, which she does not care for. At our house, if you want to cuddle a kitty, you have to aim for Bridget’s brother Oliver, because Bridget is Not That Kind of Cat.

47. Sounds like the sort of monarch who insists on using the royal “we” and bows/curtsies from her adoring subjects when she comes in the room.

We must maintain our standards!

48. I love Bridget’s heart-shaped nose!

49. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

Votre blog, c’est en Francais !!!

50. En effet très cher! :) French fan of cuteoverload, cause the cute is international!