Summer Theater Aww-ditions

Will I try out for Pinocchio or Petruchio? Who nose for sure, so I must be shrewd, very shrewd.

Presenting a torpor elephant shrew, sent in by Justin B.

Comments

1. LOLWUT

2. Sooo adorable! Maybe he could play Cyrano…

3. Darling Creature says:

I thought Cyrano deBergerac as well….

4. victoreia says:

Taming of the Shrew?

[sorry; I'll be quiet now.....]

5. Needle-nose!!! 8O

6. And use the nose for the sword fight. :D

7. Me four.

8. Dessert!

9. 260Oakley says:

Destined to star in the new musical “Shrew Grit”. Either that or the revival of “The Elephant Man”.

10. Oooh, that would be extra cute.

11. Mary (the first) says:

Five

12. (The Original) Mel says:

He looks so self-satisfied, like he is thinking, “The schnozberriez taste like schnozberriez beeyatchez.”

13. *BOOP* *BEEP*

14. That can’t be his real nose!!

15. BatBlaster says:

Yeah, I hear the females are such nags. You stole my joke

16. He could try for the remake of The Shadow.
    After all….The Shadow Nose. Mwwaaahh.

17. I know! It almost looks photo shopped (I know it’s not)

18. Fleurdamour says:

Cyranose!

19. Fleurdamour says:

De Bergeract!

20. Shrewanose!

21. Ali-baba says:

Or, “I just did a wee.” ;-)

22. MamaMclain says:

Taming of the Shrewd indeed, well played… well played.

Anyone watch Phineas and Ferb? This is his Perry the Platypus face.

” He’s Ernie… Ernie the Elephant Shrewwwwwwww.” *dons fedora and scowling shrewed face* ” Agent… EEEEEeeee!”

23. Yes!!! That was my very first thought before reading the caption!

24. This has to be one of the best (real) animal names ever!! :-)

25. I am thoroughly impressed by both a Disney and a Shakespeare reference all wrapped up in a pun. Very nice!!

26. Nassegris says:

Impossibly, impossibly cute. I’m crazy about shrews. Once saved a tiny one from my cat – he’d caught it but he’d captured it gently so he’d be able to well, play with it til it died. I stole it from him and was carrying it to a bush to set it free when it suddenly bounced up my arm and vanished up my sleeve. Cue my mother screaming like a banshee in panic because she thought I was afraid, and me, giggling because it tickled, trying to reach up and pull it out from where it was hiding in my arm pit.

That one was small as my thumb print though. But the nose – the nose wriggled like a furry, adorable little worm while I held it on my palm after (I had the tail caught, so it couldn’t run up my sleeve again). I imagine this one can do similar nose-acrobatics as that one could do the same.

Did I say I love shrews?

27. TrixandSam says:

*snerk*

28. TrixandSam says:

Awesome story! I want a teenie shrew to run up my sleeve and burrow in my armpit. (pouts)

29. That really is a great story. “Small as my thumb print” made me think it was a baby! But some shrews are redonkly tiny. And, your story reminds me of the time my cat was playing with a vole which I rescued, but not before that vole bit down on my cat’s paw and would NOT let go! I couldn’t pull it off and my cat was wailing and the dogs all came running over to “help”. The vole finally let go and ran off. It was all kinda funny, but my cat’s paw was swollen for a few days.

30. And for a theme song: “The shadow of my nose . . . . “

31. Nassegris says:

It might have been a baby, but we have pretty tiny shrews up here, in my parents’ garden (I’m not a kid, I just happen to visit their countryside house with my cat at times). My kitty is a very patient hunter but he rarely manages or wants to kill his prey, so I can rescue most of them. This was the first time one actually jumped up my arm like that though :D

I really, really, wanted to keep that little fella. While carrying him to let him go, I touched his fur and it was the softest thing I’ve ever touched, and his widdle nose wiggling… (sigh)

Alas… wild things ought to stay wild, and so forth…

32. But you can keep it. In a memory. Just not in a cage. :-)

33. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*worrying about pyrit’s cat’s pawsie*

34. Fanks, o no. Hims pawsie all better, ’cause it happened looong time ago.

35. Nassegris says:

Yes, too true :) it’s what I tell myself. Little guy is happier off where he was. My cat doesn’t visit there very open and the other cats there don’t catch those shrew because they’re kind of poisonous, can’t be eaten.

Loved the story about the kitty with the paw – poor kitty though, hehe. I remember my boy trying to take down a hedgehog and learning the hard way that it wasn’t a good idea.

36. So much yes for this post.

37. Until I saw this guy, I didn’t know that elephant shrews were also elephantine in size as well as in snoots.

His nose looks like something that was extruded by a Playdoh Fun Factory, no?

Boy, I wish *I* could hold him!