Happy First Day of Spring, Peeps

In honor of today, the first day of spring, here are some sproinging lambs:

OK we’re done [rest, rest, rest]

Single sproinger by Matt Sutts. Group of spoingers by Beenbrun. And another by J. Le Grand Resting lambs by Disco Taz 71. Spring Equinox hoverfacts via Wikipedia.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Vernal Equiflocks

2. Of course, don’t miss the mother of all sproinging lambs here:

3. cellarmouse says:

lttle lambsie divey

4. kibblenibble says:

Where’s Bea?

5. Judging by that second picture, more like…

Vernal Equitocks :D

6. CatViccer says:

Just completely ded over last pic – knobbular knees and wee-est of lamb smiles.

7. *wild applause*

8. A song that uses the word “equinoctial”:

“Twas on the broad Atlantic
    In an equinoctial gale,
    That a fine young man fell overboard
    Amidst the shark and whale.
    He called out to his shipmates
    Now don’t you weep for me
    For I’m married to a mermaid
    At the bottom of the deep blue sea! etc.”

9. Lol! Thanks for the meme-ory:

10. kibblenibble says:

You’re welcome! Thanks for the video. It makes me long for my own sproinging house-lambie! *sigh*

11. My wife was on one of her morning walks the other and she got to hold a baby goat — 3 hours old! She said it was so wonderful to have the little kid’s heart beating so fast and then slow right down by being in her arms.

With Love and Gratitude,

Jeremiah

12. BatBlaster says:

Awww… look at teh widdle goats. Hi there kid. Get it… kid

13. Let’s try this again.

14. Graffitied lambs! Are the little ewes marked in pink and the ramlets in blue?

15. Queen of Dork says:

The lambs are heart stoppingly cute! Really. I really gasped when I looked at the pics and I think my heart skipped a beat or two. However, here where I live, to me the fact that spring is here is a really, really, really sad thing. :( I celebrate the coming of fall and winter here. I don’t like that it’s spring because that just means that summer is around the corner. And I HATE summer here because all I have to look forward to now are temps in the 115 to 120 range. YUCK! I hate it. Does anybody know of any job openings in Alaska?

16. Aw, Queenie! How is Albert doing?

17. Happy Persian New Year….

18. Thank you Cute Overload!
    Our older son’s birthday is tomorrow- (Abbey’s bigger, bigger brother), and mine is Thursday, so Spring is a Huge, Big, Important deal around there! We just started to hear peepers and Red Wing Blackbirds and Robins! All of my bulbs are up about 3 inches and my hyacinth has bloomed for the 23rd time in a row!
    Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!

19. SPIZZOINGGG

20. Spring has sproinged along with the baby lambsies.

21. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Love the hoovertext in the final photo. heh heh.

oh — AND sproinging anything, espesh with white fluffy stuff and Knobby Kneez is Nearly Always a Good Thing.

The End.

22. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

wow, there are a LOT of Leslies around CO.
    “I’m a Leslie, you’re a Leslie…wouldn’t you like
    to be a Leslie, too??”

ANYhow — “Vernal EquiFLOCKS” might also apply here, I think?

23. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

now THAT is a momma who DESERVES to be able to guilt-trip them lil’ lambies, when they get growed up, about how they treated her!!! such patience is unimaginable!!

24. Pasture popcorn!

25. Marianne says:

sproing!

26. Spring has sproinged! :D

27. Queen of Dork says:

He is GREAT! (although often very naughty).

28. Rachel of Cyberia says:

A kiddle dee divey, too.

29. Where’s bee?

30. (The Original) Mel says:

Here’s looking at ewe, kid.

Also: Earses!!! Knobbular knees!!!

31. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*is happy for your wife’s nifty experience!!*

32. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

See dub1 up above, in comment / March 20 but timed 1:08 pm.
    The video is loaded there — YAY for bea !!!!!!

33. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“wouldn’t ewe???” :)

34. The lambs are cute, but I’m a bit distracted by the thought of all those people in Annapolis wearing only socks all winter.

35. “HOW naughty IS HE???!!” :mrgreen:

36. It’s a mild winter. :P

37. If I remember right, lambs are generally color-coded according to who their mothers are.

38. They are so precious!

39. Queenie, you and I are of the same mind when it comes to spring and summer. And spring carries an extra :( factor because I live in Tornado Alley. My hubby was born and raised in Colorado, and I keep telling him that he would never, ever hear me complain about the cold if it meant I never had to put up with another Texas summer. Of course, summer in Texas starts in March and ends somewhere around November.

On the other hand: cute little lambies! Squee!

40. Around here they spray paint them to show who has been vaccinated. Since sheep all kind of look alike, they might vaccinate the same one over and over, so when they get a shot, they get some paint.

41. Christine says:

They are precious. So . . . think about what happens to them in another week or two. Rack of lamb, anyone? Or a leg, perhaps? An itty-bitty chop? A rug? A pair of gloves? Not so cute. I just can’t separate the pictures, so the cute gets all mixed up with the reality which makes me sad.

42. Christine, let’s hope it is wool. Years of wool.

43. Melanie should get the win for this comment, don’t ya think?

44. And this is why I don’t eat lamb. Have taken so many pictures of lambs playing tag in the fields, obviously having such a delightful time.

45. frogprof says:

Noelegy — I’m in Central Texas and I feel exactly the same way — could’ve CHEERFULLY killed my baby bro when he and his family left Colorado Springs to return to SEGUIN, of all places. He said I’d get sick of shoveling snow, and I told him that’s why God made neighbor kids. :)

All I want is a room somewhere …

46. Christine says:

I can handle the wool iff it is sheared well (no nicks, no cuts, no fear) and it is done for the life of the animal, and both sexes (not just for a few years and then . . . ). I would buy that. Anyone know of a source? I haven’t found one yet.

47. Christine says:

I just found this interesting commentary:

48. How DO they get the springs into those little hooves? Also, love the hover-lamb!

49. i’m surrounded by family farms who grow sheep for their wool, which they card (is that what’s it called?) and spun and knitted into sweaters for local market. it can’t be THAT hard to find. there are many alpaca farms, too.

50. These litle lambs haven’t had their tails docked yet (usually females get docked to avoid infections in that area), so the red “N” probably means no (male) and the blue “Y” probably means yes (female). Just a guess…