THIS JUST IN: Pepper’s in the sunbeam again

Rambuctious puppulence Pepper is back in the sunbeam again after playing ball for 10 minutes.

So tie-tie.

Bonus Baroooooo! action at the end, provided by Sender-Inner Harmony. Photos by James. Play hoverfacts by DogChannel.

Comments

1. My goodness, look at the size of those toebeans! Like little paw pillows…

2. Isn’t there something just unbearably sweet about a pup in a patch of sunshine?!

3. Martha in Washington says:

*grabby hands*
    I wanna stick my face right in that spot between his ears and his neck!

4. N’awwheeeheee, puppeeeeeee.

So cute! With the feet! Eee.

5. I love his little mini howls in the last one. And that little triangle chest. And his beautiful brindle fur. So cute! (Hmm, just thought of something- why is it in kitties this colouring is called tortoiseshell but in doggies its brindle?)

6. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

yup, indeedy, there is.

7. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

it’s a Snorgle Axis.

8. Digging the second photo with the lip-flap stuck up. Never fails to amuse me and put me in awww.

9. Indupitably.
    And Baroooooooo So sweet!
    Beep A dee Boop

10. Mary (the first) says:

Sigh.

11. kibblenibble says:

When I look at the last picture, I hear a puppy-sized “Woo woo woooooo! :-)

12. PUPPY POWER!

13. marthava says:

What a precious pup. I love Brindle dogs.

And, I am happy to announce, that after 30 (yes 30) years, *I* am getting my own puppeh tomorrow! She is a Jeagle+ – Jack Russell and Beagle and a little etc., thrown in. She is a rescue doggeh, and she is 2-4 years old, and, get this, laid back! With that heritage?? I am extremely excited and probably won’t be able to sleep tonight – just like on Christmas Eve!

14. puddlepeppers says:

Where’d you get those eyes?

15. Queen of Dork says:

Oh how cute! The first picture he’s all, “I must chew my own paw.” Then the last picture he’s all, “Baaaroooooo!!” (Also, LOVE Meg posts!)

16. Queen of Dork says:

This is SO off subject but I want to see the gigantic moon tonight but it’s really cloudy here right now. And unless the wind blows the clouds out of the way I won’t get to see it. *pouts. crosses arms over chest and harumphs at the uncooperative planet* (harumph)

17. kibblenibble says:

It’s cloudy and rainy here in the Napa Valley, Queen, and I am also wishing the clouds will part. One can only hope!

18. Queen of Dork says:

Yes, kibblenibble! Are you one of the stellar nerds such as myself darting outside or from time to time looking out your window for tonight’s celestial event in great anticipation?! Or is that just me? (he-he-he. Wow am I ever a dork!)

19. Congrats on your new friend!

20. Queen of Dork says:

*hmmmmmm. hangs stocking in marthava’s house. waits for her to fall asleep. okay. cool.*

*stuffs stocking with dog toys. sneaks away via chimney. (ouch! crap. that hurt. ow.)*

21. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

“are NOT!!!! :)

By the way, here’s a linkie-poo. I’ll bet there’ll be photos galore on tonight’s webpages and in tomorrow’s newspapers. But here’s a lil’ su’m’n-su’m’n [did I spell that correctly ?? :) ] for the immediate moment. It’s on the webpage/ Washington Post and evidently they will continue to post submitted photos there so avail images will be changing through the hours, it seems…

22. Count me in as aonther nerd but teh sky is covered in Rain Clouds… I am east of Monterey Bay… and was loking forward to this celestial event.

23. Sunbeam = perfect place to nap!

24. Congrats Marthava and good luck!! A “Jeagle”?? that’s too funny! I just learned of the “Dorky”…Yorkie/dachshund mix! :)

25. Thanks for reminding me!! I almost forgot it was the Super Full Moon/Apocalypse tonight. I just looked and it doesn’t look any “bigger” than normal, but VERY BRIGHT!

26. The color is called brindle even when it isn’t red and orange, you know. I used to have an Afghan Hound who was a blue brindle domino

27. Martha in Washington says:

Ummm…I know we have a bad reputation for cloudiness but…IT IS CLEAR HERE!!! I can see see the ginormous full moon! YAY! sorry…didn’t mean to gloat. :)

28. Martha in Washington says:

Yes. I know and want my face right there!

29. Queen of Dork says:

But Leslie, photos are just not the same as seeing it in real life in the sky! Photos won’t show the illusion of how big it looks.

30. Congrats Marthava! :-)

*passes QOD an Aloe Vera leaf*

31. Queen of Dork says:

That’s the thing about it! You have to catch it while it’s either rising or setting. That’s when it looks strangely larger anyway! :) It’s a fleeting thing like a rainbow or a pretty sunset.

32. Kallisto says:

I’m curious now, just in case there are any keepers of “herders” reading this: What would be a directional game? I know fetch, of course, and I can imagine throwing things for the “sight hunters”, but directional games? Would that be me standing in the garden and telling the little guy to turn right at the rose bushes? Seriously, if anyone can post a link, I’d be really interested.

33. Yay for you, and your new pupperoni.

34. Directional games are agility courses
    and this kind of thing

35. And here are some dog games described in this blog

36. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

in response to QoD’s angst:

“DARN!!”

*kicks dirt clod in disgust*

37. And one more with all kinds of different activites for all different kinds of Dogs.

38. Queen of Dork says:

Ah Martha. I’m glad you got to see it! Here in the Mojave Desert where I live, it was far too cloudy. Oh well. I can’t really complain though because I love clouds.

39. I mean how the colour is dispersed. There are blue and cream tortoiseshells too. I guess its just one of those things :)

40. pitbull….great dane….boxer/mix???

41. Hm, I was wondering what breed/mix because my boyfriend had a dog that recently passed away that looked exactly like that puppy, and we never knew what she was… always thought a pit bull mixed with something..?

42. reminds me of my catahoula, but i am far from an expert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mpnibs8y1E

43. Her mom is a Plott Hound, but she was picked up as a stray when pregnant. We’re guessing she has lab or boxer in her too, because her ears and face are shorter.

44. Sunshine and a chubtastic pup? Sign me up!

45. susan yarbrough says:

This puppy is just darling. We rescued one who looked just like it about 4 years ago and I believe that mine and this one are Treeing Tennessee Brindles( one of the 7 coonhound varieties) Take a look at information on the TTBs and you might just have adopted a coonhound.

46. Kallisto says:

Thanks!

47. marthava says:

Thanks, All! Four years of obsessively watching The Dog Whisperer enabled me to pick out a great doggeh. She is WONDERFUL! We are in lof, madly in lof.