Caturday Boxhab

Will some bright scientist / animal behavioralist out there please es-plain cats and boxes to me? What is the fascinay-shons with boxes for cats? Mini-dens?

Many boxes of thanks to Chief Sister Occifer. Via Gawker.

1. W O W. 8O

2. This kitty just wants to go back to thinking Inside the Box.

3. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

Miss Meg McMeggikens: I think, to put eet, een les Mots Scientifiques et Analytiques:

4. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

*thanks to the Gods of Mod, fer releasing meeeeeeeeeeeee*

5. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

*grumbling and whining about being in the Big Green Moderashun Machine* and whether somebody else’l say my punchline “before” it gets posted with my name*

6. Just sayin' says:

I’m guessing you were in the BGMM because of your extreeeemely long word. If you’d broken it up (Wheeee eeee etc.) you would probably have gotten through. And it wouldn’t have overlapped onto the side.

7. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

o — ok & thx. I’m not an A+ computerology scholar; just an amateur.

Your suggesh sounds tres logical!!!

8. muttluver says:

I have no idea why, but I burst out laughing at that last sentence.

9. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!!! says:

We aims (usually) ta please!! :)

10. (The Original) Mel says:

He’s got CrAzAy KiTtEh EyZeZ!!! Tail-cronsch akshon!

11. Must…have…privacy tail!!

12. Must…have…bigger box!!

13. kibblenibble says:

LOL at the end when he finally manages to fit into the box, however tangled, and begins chomping on his own tail. I love it when cats are in “crazy” mode.

14. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Since when would any self-respectin’ kitteh give two twigs, over his body parts’ arrangement in the box??? All that matters, is the objective of THE BOX.

15. Me too. I love cats who are ever so slightly ‘off’. They’re generally 72.5% more hilarious and a little less stuck up than so-called ‘normal’ cats.

Special kitties rule okay!

16. :lol: Just another silly kitty :lol:

17. This cat is giving Maru some serious competish.

Perhaps we can come up with some side by side box maneuvers and vote who is the best box getter inner.

We could vote like “9.5” or “9.7” like for Ice Skating, and there could be votes for artisticness…

18. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

19. muttluver says:

I much prefer ginger kitty (whose name is Hobbes!! HOBBES!!!) to Maru.

……he’s just cuter, to me. *ducks*

20. @ :27 Kitty-joey is too big for mama -roo’s powch!

21. Peeps, I have some sad news. I just saw that Knut the polar bear has died suddenly. They still don’t know why. This makes me so sad.

22. Queen of Dork says:

Oh Theresa, that is sad. I’m wrapping my arms around you in a hug to comfort you.

23. Thanks, Queenie. I am so bummed. Bleah.

24. So sad :-(

25. Omg… Noooooo!!!!! :(

26. Oh no! :(

27. AWW :cry: How sad :cry:

28. Wow. So…acrobatic. But cute nevertheless :D

29. cubbybutt says:

ewww. cat junk hanging out.

30. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

but…your screenname says ….”butt” — ???
    I intend no harm , but eez moderately perplexing??

31. Come live with me, kitty! I have a living room filled with well-sized boxes right now, and plan to have boxes of all sizes in the near future. You have a home right here! Come and bring your friends.

32. I love when it looks like kitty is trying to pull is rear end in the box with his paws. Remind me of my mom trying to pull her rear end into her girdle LOL!

33. Linda H. says:

That was absolutely hilarious!

34. I love how Box Time transitioned so smoothly into Tail Time. LOL

35. victoreia says:

Kitty’s undoubtedly thinking his human should stop “helping” him…..

36. 260Oakley says:

Brave pilot manages landing despite biting tailwind.

37. victoreia says:

38. Heheheheh!

39. I love that the cat’s name is Hobbes :)

40. I noticed that too!!! on top of the cute box action (ha!) his name is Hobbes? adorable!

41. oh my gawd that had me in stitches! goofy kitty!

cats lerve boxes because they lerve trees and they KNOW the boxes are really trees! :)

42. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Also Meg — the Mount Everest Reason:

“Because it/ they [the Box/ the Boxes] is/ are There.”

43. Queen of Dork says:

Said Mallory.

44. OMG, friggin’ hilarious!!

45. Soo adorable

46. Kitties,,, dignified and clownish all rolled into one fun package.

47. Mary (the first) says:

I love how at the end when he’s stuffed in and can hardly move, when he gets around enough to discover his butt is in his face, he starts washing with the ever-present kitteh-embarrassment-evasion tactic of “I meant to do that.”

48. mamabear says:

49. muttluver says:

………………………….what the fudgenuts?

50. puddlepeppers says:

Theresa, Hope Knut is swimming to Rainbow Bridge. You deserve
    a hug-make that lotsa hugs.

51. Jack-in-the-box comes out head first; cat-in-the-box comes out a** first!

52. Self-packing cat; ‘magine that! “I’ll just prune off these little odds & ends sticking out here. Then I’ll fit COMPLETELY in the box!”

53. The vet told me once that cats like tight spaces because they feel safe.

54. Oh dear…one of the worst cases I’ve seen. Somebody get this kitteh to a boxhab STAT!

55. You know you have a problem when…

56. it’s experimental science

cats are constantly testing the hypotheses of cartoon physics

57. Now we know, Schroedinger’s cat is alive.

58. This reminds me of simon’s cat!!

59. Kiity was like, whoa! Then he was like, dude! And then he was like, rrrowrrrr! And then he went way cool! Dude!

My best impression of the wee sea turtle dude from Finding Nemo.

60. muttluver says:

………..I thought you were imitating Beast Boy from Teen Titans.

61. muttluver says:
  62. Now we have actual proof that cats are made of rubber and fur…

63. Why wasn’t this titled “If it fits, it ships!”?

64. Emmberrann says:

“No, this box is the purrfect size and shape. See how I can smush myself in with almost nothing left over? I can even reach my tail!”

65. “The dry cleaner shrunk my box!”

66. Looks like even our old friend Winston is developing a box habit:

67. muttluver says:

………..I really wanna see this guy’s face now. He sounds kinda awesome.

68. I think it’s toddler logic: not so much ‘I love the box’ or ‘I hate the box’; more an intense undefined emotional reaction to the box.