Yes, Dear

Are you going to kiss me or not?!!!

I’d rather chew aluminum foil.

Good thing Casanova wasn’t a pug, Pickle & Delilah.

1. He must be watching football.

2. bookmonstercats says:

That is one seriously disapproving, disgruntled, black puggulence. I for one am glad that I’m not in his sight line (*ducks behind laptop screen*)

3. baby birdie says:

Yup. Chock full of disapproval. Maybe he’s part rabbit?

4. If the blond is the woman, and the black is the male, then the Victoria Wood song “The Ballad of Barry and Frieda” fits perfectly with this picture.

Abridged for reference:

Freda and Barry sat one night.
    The sky was clear. The stars were bright.
    The wind was soft. The moon was up.
    Freda drained her cocoa cup

She licked her lips. She felt sublime.
    She switched off Gardeners’ Question Time.
    Barry cringed in fear and dread
    As Freda grabbed his tie, and said:

Let’s do it!
    Let’s do it,
    Do it till our hearts go boom!
    Go native,
    Living in the living room.

This folly
    Is jolly.
    Bend me over backwards on me Hostess trolley.
    Let’s do it!
    Let’s do it tonight!

But He Said:
    I can’t do it.
    I can’t do it.
    I must refuse to get undressed.
    I feel silly.
    It’s too chilly
    To go without me thermal vest.

Don’t choose me.
    Don’t use me.
    Me mother sent a note to say you must excuse me.
    I can’t do it.
    I can’t do it tonight.

Anyone agree?

5. Yes!!! Love it – and you can’t read “Bend me over backwards on me Hostess trolley” without hearing Victoria Wood’s voice!

6. Alice Shortcake says:

That’s one of my all-time favourite comic songs! I remember falling about laughing when Victoria Wood performed it for the first time on her show back in the mists of time…

7. puddlepeppers says:

Really brightened up my day.

8. Mary (the first) says:

Love it!

9. Sven Blogborg says:

Agree! Thanks.

10. 260Oakley says:

Pugs & Disses

11. One Eyed Daruma says:

12. I never cease to be amazed :D

13. Ruffian9 says:

Well, that’s just awesome

14. *rabbits everywhere take notes*

15. Disapproval doesn’t come close to what I’m seeing shooting out of those eyes.

16. Gigi (the original one) says:

I got chills and goose bumps just READING about chewing aluminum foil, it happened to me a couple of times, that’s the worst EVER! Even worst than nails on a blackboard!
    Excuse wile I hit my head on my desk a few hundred times to get the thought of that off my mind!

17. tesstricks says:

Oh man, the teeth brushing + OJ combination is the WORST.

18. laureningeorgia says:

absolutely. Although spearmint gum and wine is pretty bad too

19. I know, and if someone would rather brush their teeth and drink OJ than kiss me I’d be deeply hurt. Poor pug :/

20. Hon Glad says:

Oh, that evil eye.

21. Andi in NC says:

Pickle and Delilah – some of the best Pug names evah!!!!

22. But which is which?

23. o no he/ she/ it DI-unt!!! says:

Well, since supposedly pregnant females crave Pickles, I would choose to surmise that whichever doggeh is female is Pickles.
    I figger, I’ve got about a 50/50 likelihood of guessing it correctly!!!!

24. Awww, somebody give that blonde puppy a kiss! He needs it!

25. Why is my comment in moderatios? If puppy love is forbidden on the cuteoverload site I am screwed!

26. LOL, the hover text made me snort water out my nose! :)

27. There’s a line in one of the “Y: The Last Man” graphic novels where a character describes something as going together “like orange juice and Colgate.”

So perfect, so squirm-worthy!

28. I’ve never done the toothpaste/OJ thing – now I feel obligated to try it. :)

29. Don’t! Ick!

A combo that’s actually good, however, is to put on minty lip balm and then drink coffee. :D

30. Ever try mint icing? Sounds absolutely disgusting. Like frosting a cake with a tube of toothpaste.

31. To be honest, I don’t really care for mint. But the lip balm I’m using at the moment is menthol-y, and if I put some on just before drinking coffee, it does give the first sip a nice, mild, minty freshness.

32. How about, having a martini with your popcorn (bleh!), like James Guinea Pig up there?

33. I always hated those stupid little ice creams they gave you at school with the little wooden spoons. Putting those spoons in my mouth made my teeth curl. :P

34. Gigi (the original one) says:

Oh yeah I remember those! They weren’t even spoon, more like little paddles. I hated those, I was always afraid to get a splinter in my tongue!

35. Paddles, yeah, exactly! Bleh! It was like putting cardboard in your mouth.

36. Now that you mention it, those were weird and absolutely antithetical to anything you’d want to put in your mouth.

37. And the ice cream was yucky, too.

38. Pugs look so quizzical! Pugzical!

39. Did you do that?

40. I don’t know what it is about Pugs but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one pass me on the street without making some sort of audible “awwww” sound. Not exactly what you would expect coming from a grown man. Damn you Pugs for putting me in touch with my sensitive side.

41. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Am I the only one who figured the blonde was the boy? Maybe the black one’s watching her stories…

42. puddlepeppers says:

I’ve always called them “soaps,” but turns out I’m supposed
    to say “daytime dramas.”

43. puddlepeppers says:

Are those satin sheets on the bed and pillows? Looks like puggy has
    gone to some trouble to get ready for romance.

44. They are obviously missing their Uncle Matt