There Goes the Neighborhood

“Look who just moved into the nest down the street, Gertrude.”

“Ugh, bluejays — with their smelly cooking and loud parties every night…”

Better call the homeowner’s association, Stephen D.

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

Disapproval AND eye capsules! *plink plink*

2. (The Original) Mel says:

Don’t worry unless the Bluejays put up a wrought iron fence in the front yard and security cameras, then you’ll be happy about the smelly cooking.

3. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

kibbleknibble –

You just summarized my response as well !!!
    And I’m glad to see the Tag “Disapproval” here!!

4. birdcage says:

Beautiful babies!!!!!!

5. why are they upset?

6. LOL! That’s the look the squirrels in my backyard get when they see the bluejays take some of their peanuts! :-)

7. Mary (the first) says:

Ok, who knows what kind of birds those are?

8. Judging by their hairdos, I’d say these are baby mohawks.

9. Martha in Washington says:

*snerk*

10. This just might be the first disapproving birds EVER

11. Post the neighbours a warning on Tweet.

12. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

cha-CHING, HG :)

13. I can hear it now: “HarrrrrrUMPH!”

14. Those are baby Indigo Buntings. Gorgeous little birds.

15. bookmonstercats says:

The one on the right looks like an “Edna” to me.

16. They remind me of a Monty Python skit complete with ‘pepper pots.’ Perhaps they’re in drag?

17. Those are definitely Cardinals. Too big to be buntings.The feathers aren’t really blue, it’s just the silvery sheath of the pin feather growing in. So cute!

18. Whoa. World-class disapproval, there.

19. I’d say it’s too close to call. You can’t really tell how big they are from this pic, and both Cardinal and bunting babies muster huge disapproval per oz. :D

Indigo bunting baby:

Cardinal baby:

Baby Cardinal

20. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

per Qu. Victoria(?) : “We are NOT amused.”

21. I’m pretty sure they’re cardinals. I work with the species on a daily basis, I sure I hope I can pick them out of a line up! You can even see their teensy little crests popping out of their pin feathers! They grow up so fast! http://i.imgur.com/wVAiJ.jpg

22. TrixandSam says:

I’ll weigh in with baby grosbeaks.

23. Wow, Statler and Waldorf are looking good these days.

24. mamabear says:

Awww, snap! I was going to mention their mohawks, but you used the word in a much better way! Kudos.

25. I get cardinals and the occasional blue jay at my feeders. I don’t see how those bright red males manage to elude hawks and other raptors, but they seem to do alright.

Incidentally, I have one blue jay in particular who only visits the seed tray of one particular feeder, only approaching from one angle and always looks like he’s *really* nervous about being there. He’ll dig around, eat a few seeds, maybe snag a peanut if he can find one, then he flees back into the trees. I almost feel sorry for the guy. He just can’t seem to relax.

26. Abner, Abner, the Stevens’ are molting!

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*delighted snerk*

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*UNIVERSAL WAIVER STATEMENT*
    THE FOLLOWING IS A *JOKE* —
    NO ACTUAL HYSTERICAL REACTIONS NECESSARY.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

“Might I suggest adding a few Birdie Quaaludes into the Seed Mix ???” ;)

29. baby birdie says:

Edna and Gertrude: The World’s First Disapproving Birds!

30. PyxiGirl says:

Deffinitely something that will have a crest, and as buntings and grossbeaks don’t have a crest I would say not them, however I would HAVE to say they are very adorable little baby birdies:)