I Can’t Get Her Off My Mind

Being a parent today raises tough questions. Will she pass the entrance exam to the good kindergarten? Does that doll promote positive body images? Should she listen to Beethoven or Mozart while sleeping? It’s starting to weigh on me, y’know?

Another quality foraged link by Ant.

1. luvstehQte says:

ohhhhhhh, this new picture just posted while i was reading the comments for the bunny/kitty post. that’s never happened to me before, you know, having a simultaneous “moment” with NTMTOM… *floats away on a cloud*

2. bookmonstercats says:

Aaaaaahh! ;))

3. This photo made me laugh out loud. No matter the species, every parent, at one time or another, experiences the indignity of becoming a jungle gym for their kid. Ha.

So funny.

4. And judging by the lionhead bunny currently perched on top of my head with one paw dangling over my left eye, and my other bunny on my chest proudly showing me her tailio, I am here to report that this also happens with pets and their humans… :roll:

5. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Sign me up, Nikki !!! I’ll take two !!11!!!

6. They are hilarious. I’m trying to use my laptop and Pixie is just climing all over me…

7. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

8. I was thinking the same thing! It’s the rhino version of my Sunday afternoon, down to the grin on the little one’s face.

9. victoreia says:

….and no matter the species of the child, either.

10. I love the mom’s wrinkly pudge and that little shiny nose (but too big to be a nosicle?) And I just LOVE the bebeh’s knobbular knees! You just know the mom will look back wistfully on this picture in ten years, when the little bebeh is all grown up and dating a completely inappropriate bull rhino. :P

11. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

12. 260Oakley says:

I think she’s gonna need rhino-plasty to get that bump off her nose.

13. TrixandSam says:

I’d be lyin’ if I said you won the Internets by a nose with that comment…

14. Hehehehe! You slay me Oakley

15. I LOVE THE WITTLE GRIN ON BABY’S FACE!!! (makes me smile) :D

16. Seconded, and might I just say… COXCU!! We need COXCU!!!

17. thirded

18. Fourthted times infinity! :-)

19. Oh no1 Dont tell me the Rhino Mom is a Tiger Mom!

20. wuyizidi says:

She couldn’t be. Gym, not piano or violin, is the most important class for rhinos.

21. Mom does have that put upon look that mothers get.

22. Oh man, one of my cats does this to me all the time! Makes me glad he’s not a baby rhino, in restrospect.

23. LOL!

24. “But Mamaaaaaa, I don’ wanna go to kindergarden yet! I wanna play horsie!”

25. I was just telling my husband that I take solace in the fact my 17 month old toddler climbs on me is a universal experience. Never have I felt so tuned in to a Rhino.

26. Helenator says:

My roommate just got turned down from her top choice grad school. I showed her this photo, and she burst out laughing. It was snot and tears and giggles everywhere!

27. StormCat42 says:

I am so sorry that your friend was turned down…But what a great friend YOU are for trying to help her feel better!!! I hope things turn around for your friend… (Or at the very least, that you have lots more pics to show her!!) LOL

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*hands you a roll of Bounty paper towels* :)

29. Lesley what till the lookit me stage. Motherhood a squishy experience!

30. 12345Rhino says:

That is a hilarious photo. Baby rhino is smiling.

31. ashagato says:

i love how the bebeh’s so tiny but he already looks, like, 90 years old!

32. Awwwwwwwwwww!!1!!
    I wanna play run around the grass & play Tag with that baby !!1!!1!!
    Of course his version of tag would be a nose bump !!1!!1

33. See, this is why I love cuteoverload. I don’t typically go around thinking “gee, rhinos are cute” – but here they are :o)

34. tracylee says:

ohmygaw I’m sending this photo to my dad – I used to do this to him ALL THE TIME. parents = jungle gyms
    sometimes literally :D

35. So Mike. I love the body positive comments. heh.

36. Playing Horse? With a rhino? Well, I guess it’s better than playing leapfrog.

37. Is this bebeh named Windsong, perchance?

38. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

I reco-member those commercials!!!

39. I was hoping I wasn’t the only one! ;-)

40. I’m sure her wrinkles will win her the beauty pagent.

41. bookmonstercats says:

That’s an inspiring thought, Hon Glad, I’ll enter right away then.

42. Hon Glad says:

Just keep up the moisturiser.

43. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

44. Mary (the first) says:

That mama has a very long-suffering look.. I think this must happen often!

45. Does anyone know what kind of rhinos (African or Asian? ) these are or where cute photo was taken?

46. This would be a Asian/Indian rhino. I do not think there is a second horn, since the baby’s leg is dangling over where it should have been, had this been an African rhino. And judging by the upper left corner showing some sort of a fence, this is not in the wild either, may be some sort of a zoo.

47. many thanks!

48. LOVE this one. A classic!

49. savvy_geek says:

Smilingks! :)

50. Wow that baby know she is safe in a place where absolutely no one else wants to wind up – on her giant Moms Horn lol.

51. how cute

52. This is like parenthood in a nutshell, all the cuteness and the… exhaustion.