The Eternal Struggle of Puppy vs. Ice Cube

The rich tapestry of Nature is woven in conflict. Here, we see an ice cube locked in a life-or-death battle with a hyperactive puppy. The wily ice cube remains cool and collected, aware that tiring his adversary holds his only hope of survival. Alas, the tactic fails, and the poor ice cube succumbs to a fatal licking.

“This has to make @CuteOverload,” said Barbara M. in our Twitter feed. What an ice idea.

Comments

1. So this is a re-enactment of a scene played out on a glacier 300,000 years ago with a wolf cub?

2. They gave away the ending!

3. Soooo want this little guy! Ice Cubes are the best, cheapest toys possible for hyper little puppies.

4. impressive hyperactivity.

5. too cute.
    barking at an ice cube always gets it under control.

6. I love when the NOMTSTICNESS of the ice cube is of such POWER that the puppy is actually bowled over by it !!

: )

7. And we re-introduce that age old question How Many licks does it take to get to the center of an ice cube!

8. “nomtAsticness”, that is ; )

9. cute icy struggle

10. 260Oakley says:

Pablo Pupcasso’s early struggles with Cubism (he licks it in the end)

11. Digitoonie says:

My heart skipped a beat when he toppled over! :mrgreen:

This lil’ guy is totally chilled.

12. Poor pup suffers from Flop.

13. Ice cubes work great for fussy babies at restaurants too!!

14. Fleurdamour says:

I’m melting, I’m melting!

15. Fleurdamour says:

I’d like to see this re-enacted on a tile floor.

16. Ice Follies

17. (The Original) Mel says:

We mustn’t feel sorry for the ice cube. We can’t interfere with the ways of nature.

18. If you start humming It’s the circle of life I’m going to slap you.

19. victoreia says:

:lol:

20. or Georges Barque?

21. (The Original) Mel says:

Mongrel-drian.

22. Honestly the cutest thing I’ve seen on this website. ADORABLE.

23. Is that Elton John I hear in the background? ;)

24. tracylee says:

puppies, nuthin’! my beastie darling l-o-v-e-s cubes – they’re her favorite. what can I say, she’s a cheap ol’ broad…

25. - SLAP -

26. tracylee says:

Sharpy ate my post!
    I’ll try to re-create:

for puppies, nuthin’! my beastie loves ice cubes – they’re her favorite treat!
    what can I say, she’s a cheap ol’ broad…

27. tracylee says:

does he venture into Pup Art next? to chill out (snerk!) with Andy Waghol and Roy Lick-tenstein?

28. Paunchie says:

LOL Kar!

29. Those little grunts of effort are tooo cute. Persistent petite pup, huh?

30. Like Loki with the carrot top!

31. Josef Arfers.

32. Danielle says:

Ice bones! Gotta take precautions, the puppy knows.

33. PS Nice, NTMTOM!

34. So the canines started global warming!!

35. A mutt-see artist.

36. What a way to go…licked to death by an adorable floof ball.

37. Epic! That puppy literally redefines the meaning of timidity.

38. victoreia says:

Funny, I was hearing Ladysmith Black Mombazu…… (ducking)

39. gotta love the “ferocious” puppy growls!

40. The soundtrack is excellent, by the way.

41. White toesies!!!!!! I am ded from the tosies.

42. I want this puppy sooooooo badly!!!!!!!!!! It reminds me of my sweet, funny Dolly who was a border collie mix. *sniff*

43. Bark-una matata!

44. Samo! :D

45. Barc Chagall. :P

46. That is one of the cutest puppies I’ve ever seen. The squeaky little bark made me plotz.

47. Alice Shortcake says:

Very true. Still, that was pretty harrowing to watch – nature cold in nose and tongue…

48. Alice Shortcake says:

Bugger, that was meant to be a response to (The Original) Mel.

49. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

HAW!!!!!!

50. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

verr’ nice, IMHO.

51. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Deeees eeeeez vewwy vewwy inventeeeve & cute!!!

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa/ Loki:

THAT is the single fuzziest white thing Ah dun’ evah’ SEEN.

YUP, eeez floofier than Boo, Meg’s true wove.

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Are you also, “verklempt”????

54. (The Original) Mel says:

Lawmlawmlawm…NOM.

55. Martha in Washington says:

Puppy is subdued in the end by the cool icyness.

LOVE the ferocious growls.

My Jewel would always come running when she heard the ice come out of the freezer. I miss her!

56. Martha in Washington says:

Can I get anybody anything from the Lounge?

57. I hate to nuff…but puppy could have choked on the ice cube. Doesn’t change the fact that it is the most adorable video I have seen in a while, but I cringed inwardly at the thought of puppy sucking the ice cube down his throat and it getting stuck…

58. I like the fall. :)

59. Ali-baba says:

Perhaps Salvadog Dali?

60. Martha in Washington says:

Or my favorite…Clawed Monet.

61. Oh, the little puppy noises are the best. I love it. I love it!

62. You have to admire his technique, the many false leads, the half-roll to the side where it tries to convince the ice cube that his strength is waning (okay, it should’ve held on to that divaesque position a little longer to be convincing) before attacking again full force. Also, the lick-and-follow is an amazingly effective battle strategy. I wonder whether they learn that in Puppy Cuteness Camp…

63. tracylee says:

(should we talk amongst ourselves?)

64. Catsquatch says:

omg, its a squeaky toy playing with an ice cube!

65. LOL…I’ve been away for a while. Always good to get my 260 fix.

66. I love the squeak at :48 – awwww tooo cuuuute!!

67. P.S. ice melts

68. Sigh.. Why can’t my dog do this when I have the camera on him?…

69. Is it just me or did the ice cube get the upper hand a couple times?

70. My dog Riley used to do this-attack, throw around and subdue-thing with rawhide treats when he was a puppy. Sometimes he would toss it behind himself and think he lost it!

71. dogsleder says:

We just lost our black cocker spaniel, Shadow. He looked a lot like this little fellow as a potato-sized puppy. This is the first thing that’s made us smile…and laugh out loud when he rolled on his back!! White tummy surprise!

Shadow’s favorite toy was one of those crinkly plastic water bottles. First chew off the cap, pounce to squash the bottle, bash it from one end of the house to the other while barking. Repeat!!

72. doomchild says:

… Did anyone else hear the intro text read out in their heads with David Attenborough’s voice?

73. I think I did, but my bad accent interpretation probably slaughtered it!