A Public Service Appeal

The recession has touched every level of society, from the poor to the very poor — but none have suffered more than our nation’s trolls. Once, every troll lived under his very own bridge, but today, many endure squalid, crowded living conditions.

But you can help. Your tax-deductible donation to The Save the Trolls Foundation provides vital housing assistance, allowing trolls to lead lives of dignity once more.

Please give, Christine C.

Comments

1. Rat-a-tat-tat!

2. Oh!! They are squalid and crowded . . . and PRECIOUS!!! (Snatches them all up and carries them away to relieve overcrowding…)

3. Ain’t nobody here but us ratties!
    Ain’t nobody here at all!
    So calm yourself,
    And stop your fuss
    There ain’t nobody here but us
    We ratties tryin’ to sleep,
    And you butt in
    And hobble, hobble hobble hobble
    With your chin

4. “We grew up in a rathole!”
    “Luxury! We dreamed of a rathole!”

5. Kristen S. says:

Seven faces that I can see under the bridge…I wonder if there are more hidden behind?

6. 260Oakley says:

Coach is always so crowded on these red-eye flights.

7. PINK-eye!

8. Malinki says:

PEW! PEW! PEW!

9. Malinki says:

Yeah! Like I pointed out above, ratties are high-tech from the labs and use laser eyes, so it’s PEW PEW PEW!

10. Look out trolls I think I hear three billy goats coming !
    clip clop clip clop….

11. -beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-
    Dat’s all teh nosies I can see, although I know there are more!

12. starling says:

And do they ask questions about swallows if you try to cross the bridge?

13. Michelle says:

OMG hilarious story! Thanks for the chuckle.

14. Sshhhh don’t tell Charlie Sheen we’re supporting the trolls.

15. You could save the trolls. But why would you want to?

Oh, wait, you mean these little fuzzies. Not the twisted, blighted cranks that are the bane of the Internets.

16. Bettymouse says:

Those look like mousies, not ratties, to me…
    At any rate, they are spectacularly cute!

17. Rachael says:

Winning!

18. Birdcage says:

And you try and tell the young people of today that ….. they won’t believe you.

19. Gigi (the original one) says:

Or “What is your favourite color?”

20. Gigi (the original one) says:

This reminds me of a favorite book of mine: Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison.

21. skippymom says:

Hey, look! Over there! (quickly stuffing ratties into mouth)

22. Gretchen says:

Louis Jordan FTW!

23. I will give!! For those cute rats I will!

24. Colonel Jenna says:

I no longer have mousies, and this picture brings back many fond memories. Mousies (and ratties) *like* wallerin’ on each other, and it’s the most precious thing ever to see! I remember introducing some just-weaned cotton-ball sized sweeties to their huge “uncles”. I watched with trepidation, ready for the rescue, as the smallest bebbie fell in love and wound up using his Uncle Moosemouse as a warm furry waterbed, climbing on top and going to sleep. Uncle Moosemouse apparently decided that he now had a small warm furry hot pack on his back, and went to sleep. Even when he got fairly large himself Tigger always thought Moosemouse was his bestest buddy ever.

25. Colonel Jenna says:

*stuffs rest of babies down her bra, waltzes away whistling innocently*

26. S.J. Hartsfield says:

We were evicted from our rathole!

27. the one on the lower left – eeep!

so cute.

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*gigglesnerk*

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“Red! no– Blu– I don’t know th-AAAAUUUUUGGGHH!!!”

*splash*

30. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

per Himself: “You’re either with me, or you’re with the Trolls.”

**that’s an approximate memoire of that philosophical gem. I might have gotten a word or two tangled, but that’s the way my Mental Hard Drive cached it ……**

31. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*giggle*

32. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

**sound of Humane Society Rescue vehicles approaching,
    lights and sirens on full blast**

33. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

PS: Skippymom, I thought we had gotten you rehabilitated.
    Looks like it’s the Re-Offending Program, fer tha likes o’ you ……Tsk, tsk ….
    It’s fer yer own good, don’tchaknow …..

34. bookmonstercats says:

I am no longer frightened of Trolls. Come on home, Billy Goats Gruff, it’s all cuteness and light now.

35. Stephanie says:

Those are definitely baby ratties. They are too precious before they grow into their ears!!! :)

36. Soylent White is ratties!

37. Two rat posts in a row! Good job cute overload.

beep beep on all their little nosies :)

38. Bettymouse says:

Well, clearly I need to educate myself better on the differences between mice and baby ratlets. I am easily confused by the abundance of cute.
    : ^)

39. The Cute Avenger says:

The one that really gets me is the top-most little rat with its face poking out and EARS sticking up! Like, seriously… How CUTE is that little guy?

He’s all, “Eh? What’s goin’ out here? Can I see? Sorry, pardon me… Lemme see!”

40. That’s cause you don’t have Adonis DNA.

41. NotAGirlOrABoy says:

*ahem* Those is meeces. :D

42. fish eye no miko says:

Dear God… the cute! THE CUTE!! [melts]

43. victoreia says:

*snerk*

44. I think I can tolerate these trolls! the internet ones on the other hand….

45. Thank you for another ratty pic! More, please!

46. If those is meeces, why is there a rat walking over the bridge?

47. love the names

48. if the trolls are these cuties i’ll side with them!

49. labmouse says:

Themz definitely mouses, y’all

50. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

good one!

(pink-eyed white)

51. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*another giggle*

52. Rodents of Usual Size?

53. I assume this picture was taken somewhere on Wall St.

54. I would like to apologize for comparing rats to Wall St types. The rat is a socially responsible animal, which is more than can be said for most bankers.

55. The small ones are baby rats. The big one has a hairless tail so is clearly a rat, and as rats see mice as prey i doubt they would be put in the same cage. On the other hand it would explain why they are hiding…

56. Those are definitely mice. Full-grown at that. They are at a Petco store, I can tell by the back vent, the bedding and the hut they are in. I work at my local Petco, and love it. We never get rats in that small, and only have 6-8 small rats in a tank. :D

57. The tail isn’t hairless. I’ve found the albino mice have clear fuzz on their tails. Very soft when you play with them. Teehee.

58. “7 in the bed, and the little one said “roll over, roll over.’ So they all rolled over and one fell out….” Easier to roll if you’re in a tube!

59. Hon Glad says:

They need a bridging loan.

60. I wish those adorable trolls were under the bridge on my road!

61. Ah, the big one on top looks like my boyfriend’s old rat. Unfortunately, she never got to be a mommy. Too bad, those babies are so cute!

62. Colonel Jenna says:

Then you would have loved Moosemouse’s brother, Pavelbelly. He got that name for being soft, and bright white, and, er, large, just like the belly of my friend Pavel. Who is going to get me for that some day….

63. African or European?

64. Or tiger blood.

65. Rachel of Cyberia says:

I’ve been with my cat too long — I want to eat their heads.

66. the one on the bridge is a rat so i assume the babies are also.

67. Mousewife says:

Yup, these are meeces! They look exactly like my meeces, too! The one on top is a mouse, too.

Rats generally have smaller ears and longer noses, with bigger, longer bodies.

68. Mousewife says:

Because it’s not a rat walking over the bridge, she is almost certainly a mouse. I have several albino mice. Their tales look hairless from a distance, the fuzz doesn’t usually show up in pics. But she looks much more like a mouse than a rat to me. And I’ve enjoyed my share of both. :)