OMG OK THIS IS EET, BEBEH ANTEATER RIDING ON MAMA’S BACK, WE’RE DONE HERE -BOOM-

Brinke G. does it again.

Comments

1. Right. I’m done. Ded from cute. In lieu of flowers please make contributions to the aquarium for OMG SUNSHINE’S HAPPINESS.

Mama hitched a ride too. Dedder than ded.

2. Teh earsies! Squeeeeee

3. Ali-baba says:

That’s IT! Imma gonna run away and join the zoo and let critters crawl all over me.

4. I think it’s about time for us to send Japan a giant thank-you card for bravely producing these and other exports of adorableness, even though they are aware that teh Qte is very unstable, and there could be a devastating cute-splosion at any time.

5. Even the zoo logo is cute!

6. I WANNA MEET BRIN-, ahem, ‘scuse me.

I wanna meet Brinke someday, to see if she’s as enthusiastic in person as she is in her submissions. Heh…

7. b-b-b-but there’s a LEMUR at the beginning too! Lemur bomb! -BOOM-.

8. OMG, makes me so happy.

9. And Mama’s all, “Ow…ow…ow…ow” with every footstep! :D

Hmmm. That last shot’s a teensy bit creepy. Hope I don’t have anteater crawling up my back nacht-mayres.

10. GAH! {splutters} velcro baby….big ears….squeaky noises…… {head explodes like rainbow confetti canon}

11. Love those markings – they’re wearing little black wrestler leotards! Matchingks!

12. The zoo keeper letting the mama with baby climb on…WIN!!

13. Anteater plushie!!!

14. Yo dawg. I heard you like anteaters, so we put an ANTEATER on your ANTEATER!

15. Watching the video, I can only think “sunshine, you can taman-do it!!!”

16. Oh, be carefuls on the table little one!

17. (The Original) Mel says:

They can eat my ants anytime.

18. Hon Glad says:

With those long schnozzles, they’re like furry hoovers.

19. 260Oakley says:

Sing it with me: “Sunshine on Mom’s shoulder makes me happy…”

20. bookmonstercats says:

Must… give… piggy…. back…. to anteater… and baby….. now….

*’Splodes*

21. Bookwolf says:

Does no-one find it odd that these are apparently amphibious anteaters? (Sunshine National AQUARIUM, Japan)

22. 260Oakley says:

…use to clean your anty-macassars!

23. Win! :-)

24. The zoo keeper letting the mama with baby climb on his back with a THIN t-shirt on…OUTCH! You’re a better man than I am Gunga Din.

25. How do you GET that job!!!!! *jealous* *VERY jealous* and… of course, SO CUTE.

26. Then by all means . . . don’t . . . look . . . . behind . . . you.

27. HAW!

28. Oh you slay me!

29. You guys are en fuego this A.M.!

30. Rachael says:

They’re wearing matchingk singlets!!!!!

31. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

OK Meg.
    THIS has GOT to be the most ridiculously redonk thing that has evair been posted on CO. And that’s sayin’ sump’n :)

32. Anyone else notice they spelled it “aqaurium” in the first graphic?

33. Ha–and then “aquariam” in the second.

34. Oh, this is WAY too much for first thing Monday morning. I don’t think I can handle it. The stripey tail in the background (lemur, someone said?), the land animals in an aquarium (What’s up with THAT, anyway?), the near fall off the table (Nice save, baby!) . . . I gotta go back to bed.

35. Want, want, want!!!

36. Best video ever!!!!!!

37. Hon Glad says:

excellente :)

38. grandefille says:

TOP OF THE WORLD, MAAAAAAAA!

(whoops)

(clutches Ma, who clutches zookeeper, who apparently giggles)

39. (looks at back in mirror)
    (sees no anteaters)
    Sigh.

40. OMG ! One of my male cats climbs up on me the exact same way !
    (except for the extra hitch hiker) So THAT’S what it looks like .
    I saw the zoo keeper flinch a little from mom’s claws & I even know that
    “Marc Anthony” feeling.

41. Did anyone else notice that at 0:22, the baby is transferred to his/her mother’s back from an identical anteater stuffed animal??? ADORBS!!!

42. flutterby says:

What awesome critters! Luff teh markings and tailios and earesies….can’t hardly stop muself…sowwy!

43. so much cute packed into 45 seconds

44. LOL and I thought Lilac was a pain climbing up on my back… Hahahaha

45. wuyizidi says:

“BOOM”? Channeling Charlie Sheen are we: I will rain down with cuteness against the helpless soft targets from the ether of internet. You will be ded. Done. Boom, Winning!

BTW, this latest ordnance is extra deadly – with those stripes it looks like mama is wearing some kind of baby carrier.

46. OMG teh quooote… That is potent.

Check out 0:37; it’s like they’re wearing LBDs! (Little Black Dresses!)

47. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“My guy”, Salinger, used to do this, when I had been laying (lying?) down and was about to stand up. I would tote him around the apt, while I made dinner or whatever my mission du jour was ….

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

‘s’okeh.

49. Want adorable plushie creature on me NOW. WANT.

50. bookmonstercats says:

I love the little squeaky noises Sunshine makes, on the table, calling out to Mum. Annnnd did you see that when he (?) climbed onto his mum’s back, his keeper handed him down on a cuddly polar bear???

Did ya, did ya??? OMG!!!!!1111!!!!!!

51. I’m off to get an anteater license.

52. Aiiiyeeee!!

53. Martha in Washington says:

I have such a cold today but this made me feel better than Nyquil ever does.

54. baby birdie says:

Lemurs are great! :)

55. If you look closer, it appears to be an anteater plushie.

56. baby birdie says:

Squeeeeeeeee!

57. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*sending sympathy, tissues and chikken soup (or possibly chikken FLAVORed tofu-based soup) to MinW.*

58. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

could you possibly clarify your wishes???? *giggle*

59. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*consoles Dash*

60. Desdemona says:

When one of my kitties was just three months old, she decided to take a flying leap and attach herself to my thigh. Unfortunately, I was dressing at the time and had only just pulled up my pantyhose. The look on her face as she slid . . . all . . . the . . . way . . . down my leg was, “um, I guess this was a bad idea, huh?” Perhaps this is why I don’t wear pantyhose any more.

61. Is it CHIRPING??? 8O

62. baby birdie says:

Just so adorable!!!

63. McBrinkersons says:

Given the rarity of my name, eet ees a common misperceptions that I am of the female species, but I must eenform u that I am a guy.

64. Wife of Brinke... says:

Brinke’s a male, last time I looked… ;) And, yes, he can be pretty darn enthusiastic when it comes to Cute Overload and all animals that make ya go ‘awwwwww’! hehehe

65. And you, unlike the editors, spelled Aquarium correctly. (Both times misspelled.)

66. Just can’t get over the two kittens – when Smoke started acting about, Ash pounced on him – seems he was saying “Sakes !!! it’s only a fan – the fan in the ceiling – Mom told me !! it is so we keep our cool – don’t act so dumb”

67. bookmonstercats says:

Squeeee…EEEEEEE….eeeeee.

And for the lemur action at the beginning.

That is all. I will calm down now, promise.

68. No no no! Sod the anteaters, yes cute, but….the Lemur!!! We want the Lemurrrrrr! :D

69. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

nice !!!

70. Lindsey says:

Squeee, LOVE. Squeeeeee. LOVELOVELOVE.

Baby tapir vs. this Baby Tamandua – who will conquer?

71. I was surprised by the lemur. Do they normally mix anteaters and lemurs in the same space? I know multiple lemur species can be placed together.

72. Oh, heh, sorry ’bout that. I waffled over which pronoun to use, and Google is no help because there are some of both. And since I hate the linguistically lazy “he/she,” I just picked one and went with it. :D

73. So he doesn’t go around the house saying stuff like:

HOLY GUACAMOLE, HON, THAT WAS THE BEST CASSEROLE SINCE YOUR TUNA PICKLE SURPRISE!

Or

I JUST SAW A BUSH ELEPHANT IN THE YARD, I’D BETTER GET THE LAWM MOWER OUT, OMG!

74. baby birdie says:

At 0:16 the bebeh anteater wobbles on her (his?) miniature bebeh footsies. That’s my favorite part.

75. The Battle of the Strangely Prehensile Schnozzles!

76. Waxwork says:

You made my day. I have a mad love for tapirs. . . for reasons I cannot explain their cute little butts and wiggly noses make me squeal every time I see them. Add in a baby anteater and I finally understand what having your head SPLORT from teh cute feels like. SQUEEEE

77. Some zoos do not keep lemurs caged. By nature, lemurs instinctively return to roost in their own preferred special lemur area every night. By day they may wander some, especially the males (surprise).

78. Tuna pickle surprise, snerk

79. Andi in NC says:

Just what I was thinking!

80. darkshines says:

Lemurs are awesome, I touched one once. The sign said not to, but there was a lemur right next to me so I poked its haunch. It did nothing, except slowly look down at the poke mark, then slowly look up at me, then it walked away disgusted. That lemur made me feel ashamed! ASHAMED!

That being said, anteaters rule. I think I am one of the few people who totally loved the Stephen King tv series Kingdom Hospital, which featured a huge Giant Anteater. He was a badass, and coined the phrase “ants-a-lutely delicious!”. He wasn’t cute, lol!

81. And they’re in a Japanese zoo, OF COURSE. It’s like they’re stocking up for a cute shortage over there.

82. BO BABBYO says:

Look out! That lemur in the background is UP TO NO GOOD!!!

83. I’m way too obsessed with this video. It’s unhealthy!

84. cattymama says:

I’m late cause I’m only here on weekends. That being said, I once got my fingers licked by a lemur. They were pretty friendly and had little cat-like tongues. Lemurs rule!

85. I’ve never thought that something that eats ants could ever be this cute – love it!