I pulled off the price tags for you.

Looking for your new red satin party dress?  I’m sorry, but I look so much better in it.

You may as well have the string of pearls too, Smudge. Photo by Chris G.

Comments

1. Why is it that when I read the caption I feel there is a word missing, something along the line of:

,b….”

which rhymes with itch!
    :D

2. If I buy a satin dress, will you come and sleep on it? Pretty please?

3. Smudge, you can have all of my party dresses, you cute little thing!

4. *ded* I iz dedded by the kitteh!

5. StormCat42 says:

There isn’t a load of clothes that I attempt to fold that doesn’t end up with a Kitteh sleeping on it! I turn to put one shirt away, turn back and zzzzzzzzzzz…They’re already there!

6. Exactly!!! My three are the same way which is why THEY love laundry day and I dread it!!

7. OMIGOD. *dead from cuteness*

8. I want to snuggle up with cute little Smudge.

9. More importantly, the color really sets off my eyes, my silver fur, the white socks, the whispy ear fluff, etc.

10. muttluver says:

Yes, Smudge, you DO.

11. Smudge could come add her fur to the mix at my house any day…. what??? you don’t all have clothes covered in cat fur as soon as you put them on?

12. Puuurfect says:

Look at those “come hither” eyes… I believe Marilyn Monroe was just reincarnated as a kitteh …

13. victoreia says:

*snicker* I keep telling my roomie it’s THE fashion statement!

14. Cats also have great bed-making radar. They can hear sheets being changed from across the house.

15. Marilyn Pawroe in her first tasteful spread for Playcat?

16. red satin wif POLKA DOTS–it’s a super party dress

17. Rebecca says:

feline fashionista ferrets flattering frock

18. that is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Noelegy says:

Aww, Smudge! I used to have a Smudge. She was a lynx-point Siamese mix.

When I lay out my clothes on the bed in preparation for putting them on, my outfits must always be “cat approved.” Meaning I turn around from putting the hangers back in the closet, and there is a cat (or two) on them.

Maybe they’re protecting my clothes from stray gusts of wind that might suddenly swoop through the bedroom, I dunno.

20. Beep!

21. sunnylessmum says:

Amen to that Decca! There have only been a few times in my life where it has not taken me an entire day to change the bed sheets. It is great fun to play, but man it takes soooooooooooo long just to put on a complete set of fresh sheets. Ah well, a minor hardship considering all I get from them.

And, this kitten is simply gorgeous! Perfect cattitude too!

22. Lynx-point Siamese – wow. Sounds beautifulz.
    My British rellies had a Smudge, pronounced, Smooodge. Hee!

23. is smudge a boy or a girl? either way, smudge has the “come hither” look down!

24. I would of refered to the words “Spoiled rotten.” coming from that cute little furball, ralfast, instead of the word that rhymes with “witch”.

25. A satin dress! Come now, Noodles. That cute little kitty deserves a large satin pillow to lay on :D

26. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

1. This is an entrancing photo.
    2. “Smudge” = ideal name for a mischevious kitteh.

27. Mary (the first) says:

Okay, raise your hand if you turned your head around sideways to get a good look at Smudge’s adorable little face (like I did.)

28. You’re never fully dressed without cat hair.

29. PS: Reverse eyeliner always a faaaabulous touch.

30. Sasha's Mum says:

Yet another difference between cats and dogs: dogs love to play with / burrow into dirty laundry, cats love to bed down on clean laundry. *sigh*

31. Sasha's Mum says:

The guy that does the commentary at the Westminster Dog Show has a line about dog hair being a condiment. The parallel, of course, is that cat hair is a fashion accessory.

32. Madame X says:

True. And, obviously, if the outfit is light-colored, the black cat will do the honors, whereas if it is of a darker hue, it is the mixed-Siamese cream colored kitty who will shed all over it.

Just to make sure I am properly accesorized, of course.

BTW, Smudge is stunningly beautiful…

33. Fujiko Mi(eow)ne strikes again!

34. David Frei! Yay!
    Ah Westminster, sigh. One of the best things about winter.

35. Smudge is a boy and has featured on Cute Overload before (he’s famous!):

36. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

that’s FABulous!!!

37. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*raises both hands*

38. Heehee! I love the Lupin III reference! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiko_Mine

39. I just had the best dream, I dreamed I was sleeping on a satin pilllow .

40. heh heh. yeah. i did.

41. Gigi (the original one) says:

Mine didn’t even wait for me to put down the arm load of clothes I was carrying last Monday, I sat down for just 30 seconds to listen to a news story and she jump on top of the pile and just flop down to nap!

42. Gigi (the original one) says:

I love the Westminster Dog Show or as it is known in my house. the Westminster Dog Shopping Show because I keep saying: I want this one, no this one, no… :-)

43. Lorel J says:

When Sparky bounds onto the bed to presumably “help” me make the bed, I just carry on with my task, and make him right into the bed – quite often I tuck him right under the contour sheet if that’s where he is when I float it over the mattress. He loves it in his own neurotic way – for him, wriggling out is like an adventure in a weird funhouse.

44. Gigi (the original one) says:

Well the one where Miss Monroe is lying on red satin is the infamous nude she did before she was famous. So tasteful? I don’t mind it but then I’m French ;-)

45. Gigi (the original one) says:

Ditto!

46. Of course!

47. My cats have all been black and white, Ready for anything.

48. axis of snorgling ees exposed!!!

49. victoreia says:

You mean there was an option?

50. chanpon says:

How come my lint balls out of the laundry don’t look anywhere near as cute?

51. Lewis n' Clark says:

Also beware open drawers in platform beds. My kitteh climbed in on my sweaters for a snooze, and I didn’t know. I closed it, and he didn’t meow for at least an hour. Thank God I was home.

52. Thanks, I love that anime, been a fan for years.

Kitty just had that whole “Fujicakes” look to her!

53. I would normally be upset to find a smudge on my party dress, but *this* Smudge is gorgeous!

54. Hon Glad says:

But is it Lacroix sweetie.

55. :-D

56. I have a Smudge tooooo!!!! Only he’s solid gray and it was a long time since he was this ickle. But both Smudges’s (and I’m sure many more the world over) are just perfect and perfectly adorable.

57. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Oh Lord, my Silverine does the exact same thing. I’ll just get past the taking-pillows-off-the-bed stage and down the hall comes ga-thump ga-thump ga-thump, SPRING! up onto the bed.

58. Arielle says:

Sigh. I forgive you. [Huffs belleh]

59. wuyizidi says:

Thanks! Now we’ve finally seen his face.

60. Was Smudge a kitten in this photo, as compared to the pool table shot?

61. And Smudge is obv a Past-Master in the application thereof.

62. Yep, and you can see more photos of him here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_gin/tags/smudge/

63. Yes, this photo was taken by my brother on the first day I brought him home from the SPCA, he was only about 8 weeks old & he discovered my bed almost as soon as I let him out of the kitty carrier! The pool table shot was taken a few months later. Smudge is now two years old & still a cutie.

64. muttluver says:

Mine don’t care what state the laundry is in. They just like the lingering smell of their people.

65. Oh him! he was just on the calendar the other week, wasn’t he? I remember seeing the page, but not what day he was. Sometime in February.

Anyway, I personally would pick his cute hairs off to put them on my clothes for accessorizing purposes (although I have found that they don’t stick as well as when the cat personally applies them).

66. Julienne (no permanent username) says:

I have a Smudge too, but she’s a girl! I love her. She’s more of an independent cat, but loves laundry (doesn’t care if dirty or not.) Yup, you’re right. She’s perfectly adorable. I love the Smudge pose – Smudge could be Cute Overload’s next top model! (Look at his eyes. Directly looking at the cam.)