I pulled off the price tags for you.

Looking for your new red satin party dress?  I’m sorry, but I look so much better in it.

You may as well have the string of pearls too, Smudge. Photo by Chris G.

1. Why is it that when I read the caption I feel there is a word missing, something along the line of:

which rhymes with itch!

2. I would of refered to the words “Spoiled rotten.” coming from that cute little furball, ralfast, instead of the word that rhymes with “witch”.

3. If I buy a satin dress, will you come and sleep on it? Pretty please?

4. A satin dress! Come now, Noodles. That cute little kitty deserves a large satin pillow to lay on :D

5. Smudge, you can have all of my party dresses, you cute little thing!

6. *ded* I iz dedded by the kitteh!

7. StormCat42 says:

There isn’t a load of clothes that I attempt to fold that doesn’t end up with a Kitteh sleeping on it! I turn to put one shirt away, turn back and zzzzzzzzzzz…They’re already there!

8. Exactly!!! My three are the same way which is why THEY love laundry day and I dread it!!

9. Sasha's Mum says:

Yet another difference between cats and dogs: dogs love to play with / burrow into dirty laundry, cats love to bed down on clean laundry. *sigh*

10. muttluver says:

Mine don’t care what state the laundry is in. They just like the lingering smell of their people.

11. Gigi (the original one) says:

Mine didn’t even wait for me to put down the arm load of clothes I was carrying last Monday, I sat down for just 30 seconds to listen to a news story and she jump on top of the pile and just flop down to nap!

12. Lewis n' Clark says:

Also beware open drawers in platform beds. My kitteh climbed in on my sweaters for a snooze, and I didn’t know. I closed it, and he didn’t meow for at least an hour. Thank God I was home.

13. OMIGOD. *dead from cuteness*

14. I want to snuggle up with cute little Smudge.

15. More importantly, the color really sets off my eyes, my silver fur, the white socks, the whispy ear fluff, etc.

16. muttluver says:

Yes, Smudge, you DO.

17. Smudge could come add her fur to the mix at my house any day…. what??? you don’t all have clothes covered in cat fur as soon as you put them on?

18. victoreia says:

*snicker* I keep telling my roomie it’s THE fashion statement!

19. Sasha's Mum says:

The guy that does the commentary at the Westminster Dog Show has a line about dog hair being a condiment. The parallel, of course, is that cat hair is a fashion accessory.

20. David Frei! Yay!
    Ah Westminster, sigh. One of the best things about winter.

21. Gigi (the original one) says:

I love the Westminster Dog Show or as it is known in my house. the Westminster Dog Shopping Show because I keep saying: I want this one, no this one, no… :-)

22. Puuurfect says:

Look at those “come hither” eyes… I believe Marilyn Monroe was just reincarnated as a kitteh …

23. Cats also have great bed-making radar. They can hear sheets being changed from across the house.

24. sunnylessmum says:

Amen to that Decca! There have only been a few times in my life where it has not taken me an entire day to change the bed sheets. It is great fun to play, but man it takes soooooooooooo long just to put on a complete set of fresh sheets. Ah well, a minor hardship considering all I get from them.

And, this kitten is simply gorgeous! Perfect cattitude too!

25. Lorel J says:

When Sparky bounds onto the bed to presumably “help” me make the bed, I just carry on with my task, and make him right into the bed – quite often I tuck him right under the contour sheet if that’s where he is when I float it over the mattress. He loves it in his own neurotic way – for him, wriggling out is like an adventure in a weird funhouse.

26. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Oh Lord, my Silverine does the exact same thing. I’ll just get past the taking-pillows-off-the-bed stage and down the hall comes ga-thump ga-thump ga-thump, SPRING! up onto the bed.

27. Marilyn Pawroe in her first tasteful spread for Playcat?

28. Gigi (the original one) says:

Well the one where Miss Monroe is lying on red satin is the infamous nude she did before she was famous. So tasteful? I don’t mind it but then I’m French ;-)

29. red satin wif POLKA DOTS–it’s a super party dress

30. Rebecca says:

feline fashionista ferrets flattering frock

31. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

that’s FABulous!!!

32. that is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Noelegy says:

Aww, Smudge! I used to have a Smudge. She was a lynx-point Siamese mix.

When I lay out my clothes on the bed in preparation for putting them on, my outfits must always be “cat approved.” Meaning I turn around from putting the hangers back in the closet, and there is a cat (or two) on them.

Maybe they’re protecting my clothes from stray gusts of wind that might suddenly swoop through the bedroom, I dunno.

34. Lynx-point Siamese – wow. Sounds beautifulz.
    My British rellies had a Smudge, pronounced, Smooodge. Hee!

35. Beep!

36. is smudge a boy or a girl? either way, smudge has the “come hither” look down!

37. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

1. This is an entrancing photo.
    2. “Smudge” = ideal name for a mischevious kitteh.

38. Mary (the first) says:

Okay, raise your hand if you turned your head around sideways to get a good look at Smudge’s adorable little face (like I did.)

39. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*raises both hands*

40. heh heh. yeah. i did.

41. Gigi (the original one) says:

42. Of course!

43. victoreia says:

You mean there was an option?

44. You’re never fully dressed without cat hair.

45. Madame X says:

True. And, obviously, if the outfit is light-colored, the black cat will do the honors, whereas if it is of a darker hue, it is the mixed-Siamese cream colored kitty who will shed all over it.

Just to make sure I am properly accesorized, of course.

BTW, Smudge is stunningly beautiful…

46. My cats have all been black and white, Ready for anything.

47. PS: Reverse eyeliner always a faaaabulous touch.

48. And Smudge is obv a Past-Master in the application thereof.

49. Fujiko Mi(eow)ne strikes again!

50. Heehee! I love the Lupin III reference! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiko_Mine

51. Thanks, I love that anime, been a fan for years.

Kitty just had that whole “Fujicakes” look to her!

52. Smudge is a boy and has featured on Cute Overload before (he’s famous!):

53. wuyizidi says:

Thanks! Now we’ve finally seen his face.

54. Was Smudge a kitten in this photo, as compared to the pool table shot?

55. Yep, and you can see more photos of him here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_gin/tags/smudge/

56. Yes, this photo was taken by my brother on the first day I brought him home from the SPCA, he was only about 8 weeks old & he discovered my bed almost as soon as I let him out of the kitty carrier! The pool table shot was taken a few months later. Smudge is now two years old & still a cutie.

57. Oh him! he was just on the calendar the other week, wasn’t he? I remember seeing the page, but not what day he was. Sometime in February.

Anyway, I personally would pick his cute hairs off to put them on my clothes for accessorizing purposes (although I have found that they don’t stick as well as when the cat personally applies them).

58. I just had the best dream, I dreamed I was sleeping on a satin pilllow .

59. axis of snorgling ees exposed!!!

60. chanpon says:

How come my lint balls out of the laundry don’t look anywhere near as cute?

61. I would normally be upset to find a smudge on my party dress, but *this* Smudge is gorgeous!

62. Hon Glad says:

But is it Lacroix sweetie.

63. :-D

64. I have a Smudge tooooo!!!! Only he’s solid gray and it was a long time since he was this ickle. But both Smudges’s (and I’m sure many more the world over) are just perfect and perfectly adorable.

65. Julienne (no permanent username) says:

I have a Smudge too, but she’s a girl! I love her. She’s more of an independent cat, but loves laundry (doesn’t care if dirty or not.) Yup, you’re right. She’s perfectly adorable. I love the Smudge pose – Smudge could be Cute Overload’s next top model! (Look at his eyes. Directly looking at the cam.)

66. Arielle says: