I Have a Bad Feeling About This

… so by adjusting the knobs, you can actually vary the temperature? Goodness, what a convenience that must be for people who can’t drink very cold water, you know, sensitive teeth and all that. I must confess, I’ve never seen a water dish this large and sophisticated before, and I really must thank you for such a very thorough demonstration and why are you locking the door and looking at me like that?

Comments

1. One Eyed Daruma says:

I can guarantee that towel on the floor is only one of many that will get used for this event…

2. This is one of those times when the bath giver gets wetter than the bath getter.

3. I love the impending doom tag! I think we need a bafftime tag one of these days.
    Remember this one? http://cuteoverload.com/2010/08/26/tales-from-the-drypt/

Oh, and a point for the nerd reference.

4. Poor puppy! I promise, as soon as you get a whiff of the banana-mint-green tea-pomegranate-mocha-ylang ylang-jasmine-Old Spice bath gel, you will relax. :mrgreen:

5. Oh dang! What did I say? Was it the ylang-ylang?

6. Mary (the first) says:

At least he has a cheerful colored towel to look forward to.

7. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

You’re not drawing that bath for me, are you?

8. Oh, NTMTOM, your story is perfect and gave me the giggles!

9. Is the “Impending Doom” tag for the bather or the the bathee? (maybe it’s for the state of the bathroom after the bath…)

10. That was a NTMTOM tour-de-force.

11. PS: BEEP!

12. TrixandSam says:

I have that same beach towel (yes, beach towel) and use it for the same purpose: soaking up all the water that’s going to be launched over the side during the monumental struggle between Cleanliness and “Retaining My Hard-Earned Goggie Shmell”.

*Runs off to get rain gear “borrowed” from the Niagara Falls Maid of the Mist….*

13. Retired Hippie says:

Seriously….ya’ll need to come out with a book – “The Best of NTMTOM” …would hit the NYT best seller lists in no time!

14. I must have missed that one the first time around – thank you for posting it again!

These are both worthy of the NOMTOM coffee table book that we’re all *patiently* waiting for!

and, cute puppers!

15. tracylee says:

patiently waiting, my foot! I am quite impatient over here for my NTMTOM-narration-and-Oakley-commentary book. I’ll even pre-order, y’all. fer serious.

16. Thank you for the link. As I am somewhat new to CO, I did not see that post. Thank you for the great giggle.

17. Bookwolf says:

The joy of a Greyhound – they hardly ever need a bath. Mud seems to just drop off, they never really smell and are not that keen on being wet. Ours does like to rub her head in fox poop occasionally though – not a good cologne!!

18. tracylee says:

the puppy your puppy could smell like?

19. tracylee says:

dang x2! I commented on yours and got moderateded also!

20. I keep checking Amazon to see if I can pre-order, but no luck so far.

21. Schnauzer schnoggle!!!!

22. victoreia says:

To answer your question: Yes.

23. (The Original) Mel says:

There must be 50 ways to ‘scape your bather.

24. victoreia says:

I trust the rest of the towels are out of splash range…..

25. Jiffknee says:

Awesome!

Just slip pass the bath mat, Matt
    Sneak through the knees, Louise
    Run for the door, Lorre
    If you wanna still stink..

26. marthava says:

That’s a nice clean bathtub. Probably looks like Maru’s.

27. tracylee says:

skip the shampoo, Lou
    gotta hide the soap, dope
    bring your rubber duckie, Lucky
    just pull the plug, Doug!

28. I’m surprised and disappointed that none of you peeps has mentioned a NOMTOM doll yet! C’mon!
    Life size!? Anyone? Anyone?

29. Copperbat says:

Brilliant, NTMTOM. As usual. :)

30. Retired Hippie says:

with one of those pull strings ala Chatty Cathy (yeah, I’m showing my age) so it spouts one of 6 random NTMTOM stories? Plastic replicas of corresponding posts sold separately of course

31. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Excellence!!!

32. Does anyone else have to actually put their swimsuit on and get IN the tub with their doggie? Or is it just me?

33. On second thought… I prolly shoulda kept that one to myself! LOL

34. Mommy, Where’s my rubber ducky ?

35. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*ahem* “Old Spice, you say???”

*tapping foot to relay Disapproval*

36. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

A gal’s gotta let loose & party SOMEtimes, y’know!!!!

37. ROTFLMAO @ Theresa and tracylee!!

38. thumbs up to you!

39. Gigi (the original one) says:

At least the doggy is IN the bathroom. Ours when I was a kid would hide under the couch and I swear she would hold on to the bottom of it. We had to turn the couch over in order to get her out!

40. “It’s bad enough that you’re forcing me to endure this indignity, now you’re gonna DOCUMENT it? This better not go up on Dogster.”

Funny I should see this after my Bostie gets a bath…because the Jack Russell thought it was perfectly fine to pee on her. Poor Kayla, the stuff she puts up with.

41. Oh no! The dreaded BAFF!

42. victoreia says:

“…And get yourself free.” (Love S&G)

43. Martha in Washington says:

I’ll preorder mine now please! (Then I won’t have to rely on my imagination!)

44. Martha in Washington says:

I used to make my KIDS put on THEIR swimsuits to bathe the dog.

45. Martha in Washington says:

“Help me Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope!”

46. LOL! Picturing velcro doggy…..

47. Hon Glad says:

But I only rolled in a cow pat.

48. (The Original) Mel says:

Hehehe!

49. tracylee says:

agreed! Miss Big-ears doesn’t get that Eau d’Canine all that often, and I can just hose ‘er off outside if she decides (as she is wont to do) to lay in a mud puddle.

50. Rachael says:

Ummm, yes…. minus the swimsuit though.

51. Look at that sweetie schnauzer face!!!!!

52. TrixandSam says:

You’re not alone, Sar. I have to in order to wash Sam. He squirms and tries to get away like a greased piggy.

53. As a fellow mini schnauzer owner I think I am interpreting this photo correctly. Mine does the same thing. He is obsessed with drinking what we call ‘fun water’, i.e. any water not in his dish–so a spill on the floor, and definitely in the tub. He stalks us when we take showers, has tried to jump in the tub with me when I take a bath, and has grown to tolerate his own baths because he gets to drink from the fun water tap.

54. I heart schnauzers.

55. yeah, it’s not like it was anything really nasty!!

56. NTMTOM…I love your comments, hover texts, dialogue…you so crack me up.
    I so needed this today!!!

57. ElishaB. says:

Wait, your dog is actually watching the water????
    My dogs turn tail when you just say the word bath and head towards the bathroom.
    Good luck little guy!

58. hehehe…”greased piggy”

59. Lewis n' Clark says:

Lewis the cat does that, too. He’ll wait at the bathroom door, and when I exit, just for fun I’ll leave the shower door open so he can go in and expectantly wait for the exciting drips coming out of the faucet!

60. One green eye, one blue eye…It’s Delirium!

61. This one looks like a Havanese.

62. mctwin's twin says:

Look down, now look at me….