We Pour a Mean Cocktail

Abandon your Appletini, cancel that Cosmopolitan — the hippest new cocktail among the cutegnoscenti is the Angry Ferret. In a cocktail shaker, combine:

2 parts gin
1 part strawberry liqueur
1 part lemon juice
1 baby ferret
1 dash Angostura bitters

Add ice and shake until vexed.

“This is my baby Holly!” says Linda G.

Comments

1. FERRET toe beans! Om nom nom nom!

2. PS “Shake until vexed”– an instruction right out of Posh Nosh.

3. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

HE LOOKS LIKE CHARLIE SHEEN!!!!!!!

4. o__o omg he DOES!

5. “And you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry!”

Silly, ferret, of course we will :D

they look so cute when they’re perturbed!

6. Uh oh, looks like Ms. Ferret’s about to get pulled over for DWI: Drinking While Infuriated

7. Floofy furrowed frown finds fault

8. only much better looking

9. Retired Hippie says:

Watch it…or she’ll start demanding a 50% raise in noms and blaming CO for trying to sabotage her family.

10. That bebbeh ferret could teach a bun a thing or two about disapproval!

11. p.s., I bet that drink is deeelicious!
    *gulp*
    barkeep, another round!

12. The name is Ferret, James Ferret.

13. Gah! The nose! It looks like somebody colored just the end of it with magic marker. Beep!

14. Flower Child says:

too kyut!!
    Awwrrr I miss my ferrets!!

15. Holly is not amused, but she is still adorable!

16. stoatini
    manhastoat
    costoatpolitan
    mai-ohai
    pina stoatlada
    stoazerac
    stoatarita
    long ermine iced tea
    weasel eraser

i may have a problem

17. Ferretini. Or Ferret-teeny.

18. we like our McFerretson’s shaken, not stirred.

19. Ya think? LOL

20. Le siiiigh, almost makes me miss my ferrets’ teeny baby stages. Those little feets!

It is high time for some sort of ‘Woozel’ tag to house all the mustelids here!

21. gloom raider says:

Don’t forget the Mink Lady!

22. Looks like a Weasel Sour to me… or maybe a Mink Julep?

23. Or a Whiskery Sour? Or a Highball of Fur?

24. Fleurdamour says:

As seen on “Vex and the City”

25. Martha in Washington says:

Mike–she’s not mean, she’s just misunderstood!

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

:-)

27. Gigi (the original one) says:

Deck the highball (glass) with frowns of Holly,
    Fa la la la la, la la la la.

28. Fleurdamour says:

I guess if acted out by ferrets, it would be “Vex and the Crittery.”

29. Fleurdamour says:

This is what you drink when you find out your boyfriend’s a weasel.

30. Fleurdamour says:

An Old Fershioned.

31. Marian the Librarian says:

that’s “Ms Understood” to you!

32. Trabb's Boy says:

Ooh, I suspect that Holly’s favourite cocktail is a Bloody Linda, straight from the jugular!

33. That is a Look of Mustelid Disapproval.

34. Nobody puts Holly in a corner, I mean whine glass!

35. After my current ferret passes on, I plan to be pet-less so that I don’t feel guilty about boarding my pets while I’m off gallivanting around the world. And then I see pictures like this one and almost start searching Petfinder for fuzzies in need of a forever home. Almost.

Such a cute little beastie. I’ll just BOOP that nose! There. I feel much better now.

36. Martha in Washington says:

I know…it is such a dilema! I’m having the same thoughts about getting another dog. Cats are fairly easy to leave alone but the more “human-dependent” pets are a different story.

37. Martha in Washington says:

Yes ma’am!

38. :lol:

39. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Me like dees!!!

40. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Fantastic and Funny!!!

41. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

A++ AND extra credit points!!! Move to the Head of the Glass.

*giggle*

42. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*high-five*

(but did you perhaps intend it to be an Equal Opportunity, non-gender-determined joke, right??? Males OR females who are human weasels???)

43. “Shaken, not stirred.”

44. I’m not sure that ferret is angry so much as disgruntled. I can just hear the muttered “FEH!”

45. WendyPinNJ says:

Oh STOP! “Add ice and shake until vexed!” Brilliant!

As for the disapproving ferret, I’ll have him straight up! Deeeelicous!

46. WendyPinNJ says:

Sorry, I guess I should have said:

I’ll have “her” straight up. I’m in big trouble now. Guess I deserve the look of disgust, eh?

47. Personally, my fav is the Long Ermine Iced Tea. With extra whiskers for garnish.

48. Dang. That is THE definition of “stink-eye”. Don’t know what I did, but I suddenly feel guilty about it *skulks to corner to think about what she did*

49. baby birdie says:

Awww! Just so adorable! Poor ferret doesn’t look too happy about being in a cocktail though, lol.

50. Vexed!! Awesome use of a very good word. Vexed!

51. Why, sir, are you so displeased?

52. Looks like there’s more than a dash of bitters in this one.

53. (The Original) Mel says:

Why do blue panda-ferret?

54. (The Original) Mel says:

^so

55. I hear her saying “Oh no you di-int!”

56. Get me out of here or I’ll make my own garnish!

57. OMG bebbeh ferret toe-smooshies! *Melt*

58. My favorite show . . .

59. The bun’s look of disapproval is due to the shape of its mouth (looks like corners are turned down – a micro-expression indicating contempt, as they say on TV).

In the case of this ferret, it’s all about the “V” shape of its nose, which, when viewed head on, gives the insider upper quadrant of the eye a slanted look, as if narrowing in anger.

Interestingly, the critter in the title banner of this blog, another member of the weasel family, has an inverted “V” shaped nose, the result of which is cute overload.

So V shaped nose = disapproval, inverted V = adorablez.

60. Hair of the ferret?

61. This is why, some drinks taste like ferret pee.

62. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

63. after a couple of those the bartender won’t need to ask you for your car keys…they will have been hidden!

64. also iphone, socks, etc.

65. bookmonstercats says:

Very impressed.

66. or maybe DWI: Driving While Intimidating?

how about DUI: Driving Under-Impressed?

67. (Soda) Pop goes the Weasel!

68. Andi in NC says:

Vexed is such great word – and perfect for the the expression on Holly’s face…

69. I will need a 12 step program for this one.

70. Love the “mai-ohai”!!!!! Too funny…

71. Spoken like a True Cuteologist!

72. At first i was like “That’s redonk. How could a bebeh ferret look like Charlie Sheen??” Then I did a GIS for said Sheen, and wouldn’t ya know it – dead ringer! :D

73. i’m very impressed that (ferret aside) the cocktail recipe looks well-balanced (ie drinkable) and that you included bitters!

i’m less impressed that you missed an opportunity for a reference to FERRET BRANCA. (And btw if you substituted fernet for the ferret you’d really have a delicious, complex drink!)

74. snorglepup says:

Make mine a double.
    Heffalumps and woozles.

75. I’m baffled that your ferret stayed still long enough for a picture.

76. LOOK AT ALL THOSE TOES!! XD

77. wannadance says:

now HE’S vexed. but i bet his (better) dad is embarassed and vexed…

78. wannadance says:

my ferrets peed on the floor. must have been ‘write your name’ day…

79. wannadance says:

bah. throw away the thorazine and enjoy life!!

80. wannadance says:

so glad you recalled it’s ‘boop’ and not ;’ beep’. although latter is cute enough. as the engenderer of ‘boop; on my helpless infant , i feel i have some boop authority here….

also snork..

i think i may have a problem….

81. wannadance says:

dang. i didn know it.

82. wannadance says:

socks??? LOL…

83. If you think she looks diapproving, you should see the disdainful looks her Mom can shoot at you. I guess it’s a family trait:)) It’s my fault for spoiling them!

84. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

nope. You got NO PROBLEMO!!! Jist a love of All Things Cute :)

85. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ belphebe (sp?) Thank you for using the word “gallivanting” !!!
    IMHO, ANY day in which someone uses that word, is improved :)

86. Ohmahgawd.

I have 6 of these lil buggers and this is EXACTLY how I ended up with 6!!!!

I went into the store for gravel, walked out with a kit and no gravel!

87. Recipe for a KILLER SHREW*
    1 scoop Chocolate Ice Cream
    1 cup Cap’n Crunch w/ Crunchberries
    1 handful Peanut M&Ms
    ¼ cup Mrs. Butterworth
    2 Circus Peanuts
    2 cups Mr. Pibb
    5 Marshmallow Peeps
    1 bag Sweet Tarts
    1 Large Teaspoon Vanilla Frosting
    1 handful Good ‘n Plenties

DIRECTIONS: Mix in Blender for 5 seconds. Pour into a plastic tulip glass; garnish with a wind up shrew, and serve. (Note: add a pair of wax lips for a Vulcan Mind Probe).

*Best served with an ipecac chaser.