THIS JUST IN: Kitten-Spooning Pug Action

Alicia A. gave no explanation for this puggular-kitten-interspecies snorgling moment. She just sent it in to be enjoyed.

1. Dare I be the first to point out that it looks like a boxer, not a pug?

2. LibrarianJessica says:

We did it simultaneously.

3. I was thinking that, too, but you two are way ahead of me. After all, it would have to be a very wee kitten to be that small next to a pug.

Great photo, though!

4. Uh huh!

5. But a very cute picture, none the less. Wonderful interlocking.

6. Interboxing.

7. Clever!

8. It is a boxer.

9. Yep.

10. Amen

11. I would have to agree……pugs are kitten sized boxers are super sized!

12. Yeah, I was thinking that, too.

13. Actually, that was my first though. This isn’t a pug, it is a boxer, and I know this because I own two boxers, that look identical to this one. Sweet picture though.

14. Ive got two adorable pugs, that is def not a pug.

15. (shhh… it’s a pre-op pug.)

16. Yeah. A big give away was that he’s got a nubby boxer tail instead of the curly-q cinnamon buns puggies have.

17. That’s a kitteh silleh………….

18. baby birdie says:

Yup, that’s a boxer. (I know someone who has a boxer, so I know how big they are.)

19. Linda Angela H says:

Yes it looks like a Boxer to me.

20. LibrarianJessica says:

Isn’t that a boxer? (Sorry to be that person, but I’m confused.)

21. Haha

22. Indeed, is a boxer.

23. Pretty sure that’s a Boxer, but that doesn’t detract from teh Qte! <3

24. That’s definitely not a pug, the body isn’t sausage-y enough and it has a snout.
    I’m not sure what kind of dog it is, though.

Spooning action is precious!

25. It also doesn’t have a curly little pig’s-tail the way pugs do. It’s a boxer.

26. I think it’s a Boxer …

27. Queen of Dork says:

Gosh. I thought the same thing when I looked at that picture. I thought the dog looked like a Boxer. But regardless, it’s a very loving picture.

28. Yup, boxer. But== >splode<

29. PS: Marc Anthony!!

30. Yay Marc Antony!

31. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Since we’ve had two mentions of Cartoonland’s favorite interspecies couple, I’ve added the “Marc Anthony Experience” tag. :)

32. “Two thumbs waaay up!”

33. Yay! Thanks a meeelion NOMTOM!!

34. Excellent!

35. Gigi (the original one) says:

I has to be a boxer because other wise that cat is microscopic!

36. Queen of Dork says:

P.S. – I also like the way the kitten looks like he’s sleeping his butt off. He almost looks kind of mad about it. Like, “Dang! I’m sleeping here! I’m sleeping my butt off!”

37. My motto: “Sleep Your Butt Off.”

38. Also looks like kitteh might be flexing paws to make sleep-biscuits.

This photo makes me happy. Almost makes Monday worth it. Almost.

39. Pug or boxer + snorgling kitten = just plain cute.

40. auroragyps says:

That could be a young Bull Mastiff. Who cares anyway, since they’re both so cute.

41. darn cute

42. So adorables. So sweet.

Cute + Pregnancy Hormones = Verklempt

43. Kitten needs to go to boxer-hab!

44. Ugh. If that’s the problem, I don’t want the solution.

45. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Song “If Lovin’ you is wrong, I don’t want to be right”
    approx 1972, Luther Ingram

46. bookmonstercats says:

I really like Rod Stewart’s version of the song as well. I think Rod handles a ballad like no-one else – in a good way of course.

47. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

prolly similarly, to how he “handles” his long line of female admirers …. :)

I Once attended a R.Stewart concert, as a
    “handler” for my roommate who swooned the entire time……*sigh*

48. ONHSID, this was about forty years ago, right? :twisted:

49. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Actually, no. I DID attend a Fleetwood Mac/ Rumours tour concert in the 70s though.
    INCREDIBLY consequential experience.

This concert/ R. Stewart was maybe
    10-15 yrs ago, Tampa Fla. Pretty decent though, I gotta admit (mainly due to his ORIGINALLY doing a bit of Blues-y based items early in his career before Drugs became the Driving Factor of “Sex, Drugs & R & R” …

BTW, Theresa — hope you’re enjoying a
    Spiffy Day today!!!

50. CO is hitting us with a one-two punch of the Qte!

51. This is just soooo sweet. Just look at the kitty’s face.

52. :twisted: That is one smart cute little kitty there :twisted: Anyone tries to mess with him/her and his/her friend the dog will set that person straight to H-E-## as fast as possible :twisted:

53. (The Original) Mel says:

I had a boxer friend who was deaf. She was a cuddlin dog. Best dog I ever had. If she didn’t want to mind me, she would just look away. So funny.

54. Trust the kitteh to find the warmest, cuddliesst spot in the whoooooole house. Yep.

55. ‘Round this kitten lies a boxer,
    Now a snorgler by his trade…
    And he’s dreaming of the time when
    He didn’t have to share his bed
    With Whiskers (the new kitten)
    And he grumbles this refrain
    “I am sleeping, I am sleeping”
    But the kitten still remains

56. Sunnylessmum says:

Well done kt! Applause applause!

57. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

I tip my hat to you! Excellent.

58. Wunderbar!

59. super rhyme-ster! thank you

60. Just–aawwwwww!!!

61. This scene is too moishe… My heart!

That kitteh is SO lucky, having found the perfect spooning boxère… And the boxère… is having a brilliant day! Having found the poyfect kitteh-cuddlingks-fwend. Awwn

62. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I wish my keyboard had nifty diacritical marks [aka “accent marks”] like yours!!!!

Immaturely Jealous
    (but I’m glad you get to enjoy them :)
    They’re lovely!!!)

63. Cüt and pâstè, ONHSID, cüt and pâstè. ;)

64. But that taaakkkkeeeesss too looooonggg…………. *whine*

65. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

THANKS, muttlover, for assisting me, to fulfill my Inner Whiner!! I never was able to get away with ANY whining WHATsoever in my
    whippersnapper days, so I’m playing more nowadays!!!

66. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

from WHERE? is there such a wondrous screen somewhere?–sorry for the threadjack, peeps —

67. You took the words right outta my mouth, O No!

68. Try!

69. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Will do, isadora! Thanks for “the word”!! :)

70. Oh, I love the Marc Anthony tags.

71. *Gasp* A cute attack! This is the big one! Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you! My right arm is covered in glitter! *Cough*

Who wouldn’t have a cute attack looking at that kitten snuggled in the belly of that dog?

72. ColumbaNine says:

OMG someone else who loves Cute Overload AND “Sanford and Son”! *keels over*

73. smartyboots says:

That boxer is traveling im-pug-nito.

Nice to know my boxer isn’t the only one who *ADORES* cats and kittens of all colors, shapes, temperaments and sizes. Sadly, the felines don’t always feel the same about her {and she’s had the bite marks to prove it).

74. kibblenibble says:

Spoontacular! I loves me some interspecies spooning.

75. I love the way the chub puckers into gathers on the inner side of the encircling species. Like an illustration for setting in a sleeve from Home Ec classes of yore.

76. JohnnieCanuck says:

Looking at how that space-time grid behind them has become distorted, I’d say the kitten is the attractive force and the boxer was irresistibly drawn to it and causing those wrinkles in time.

A gravity well of cute.

77. Okay, that cartoon bulldog with a Tweety Bird…that’s what comes to mind! Especially with that leg action for some reason. Lol! :D

Man, I love that cartoon!! Man, I miss watching cartoons all the time. The good ones. Today’s cartoons are so not the same.

78. I’ll take one kitten, and would you put that in a boxer for me? Thanks!

79. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

80. My cat Sidney spoons with me, it’s a nice warm feeling.

81. bookmonstercats says:

82. When my beloved Stinky was still with me, he and Dante used to divide up the territory. ;) Stinky always slept near my head, and he didn’t tolerate Dante getting up there. So Dante would curl up behind my knees (I’m a side-sleeper).

83. I guess it’s true … for every doughnut, there’s a doughnut hole to fit!

84. bookmonstercats says:

I had a chow-chow and two cats at one time. The cats used to snuggle into the chow’s furry belleh and they’d all sleep in a heap together.

85. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*endorphins exploding above my head, just reading the description*

86. Your own blend of Cat Chow!

87. StormCat42 says:

*audible groan*

88. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

And it’s “Mighty Mighty” !!!

89. Lettin’ it all hang out. :mrgreen:

90. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I had that part in my (alleged) brain, while I was typing out the other part!!! :)

91. When our cat Jack tries to snuggle in with the old dachsund/beagle mix Hershey the dog gets all nervous and runs away. And Jack takes the warm spot. Hmmm…

92. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

dachshund/beagle mix named Hershey!!! YUM and also :)

93. muttluver says:

I have friends who have a dog named Hershey. Do you live near Dallas? ;)

94. Meandering says:

I would be so bummed if I submitted my precious corgi photos only to have my dog be called a poodle! Is it too late to change the title?

95. What is it about Boxers that draws them toward anything tiny and adorable? Even the males have this crazy urge to play the part of Mother Hen/ Fearless Protector.

Heck, the Boxer my Granny had when Dad was little saved his life! Some guy tried to kidnap him out of the front yard and Ceasar pinned the guy to the ground and kept him there until the police had to drag the dog off of him.

So yeah, Boxers are awesome.

96. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

yay for a Real Guard Dog, doing Guard Dog Duties PROUD!!!!

97. I bet that dirtbag was glad to be taken by the police, Nissa :twisted: That Boxer, Ceasar, your Granny had would of made a nice chew toy out of that dirtbag’s body parts :twisted:

98. “A mighty fortress is our Dog….”

99. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Recovering Ex-Catholic

100. Oi. I was raised….. um………. conservative Christian, and I sang that song. I still love it.

Not that the pun wasn’t punny. *ducks*

101. bookmonstercats says:

And how appropriate. I love Bark… I mean Bach. Beggar to sing though. He took “the voice is an instrument” to its farthest extremes.

Come to think of it, he oughta be the CO resident musician with a name like that.

102. Now, class, as you can clearly see the differentiating factors between a boxer and a pug include 1.) Tail nubbinage vs. corkscrewtailio, 2.) depth of forehead wrinklage, and most importantly 3.) extreme muzzlepouche pancakism.

(And I wish my cats and boxers could live in such harmony.)

103. I was wondering how this beastie could be mistaken for a pug. Our box has SERIOUS muzzlepouche pancakism – LMAO! Love your post!

104. Fleurdamour says:

Yes, boxular, not puggular.

105. That kitteh looks like pretty much The Softest Thing Evar.

106. I hate to restate the obvious but………………..

*deep breath*

Ok, I’m good now.

107. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*sympathetic giggle* :)

Deep breath, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn through your nose.
    Slowly breathe ooooooooooooooooooooout through your mouth.

Keep thinkin’ “oxygen/ carbon dioxide trade…..”

108. Couldn’t resist . . . .

109. Dang it . . .. thought it would post a mini-version of the video . . .

110. muttluver says:

Try pasting it into the fb chat box, (you hafta hit enter to send it to the other person) then copying -that- and pasting here. I think there’s also a way to do it from the page the youtube video’s on, but I haven’t been able to get on youtube for quite some time, so I forget.

111. WendyPinNJ says:

Nope, not a pug. But adorable nonetheless.

I wish my kitty would spoon with me. It’s been years since I’ve had a kitty that would allow such a thing. My latest kitty basically thumbs his nose at me–even though he wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for me–and goes and cuddles up with one of the kids! Spiteful and rotten he is! ;-)

112. Kitteh was filled with worriation by film “The Fighter,” and Mr. Box sed “Don’t worreh, I’ll defend you!”

113. Absolutely a boxer.

114. There’s something so deelishous-looking about Mr. Boxerson’s back haunch that makes me want to saute it up in a pan and nomnomnom it all up. Is that weird?

And the kitteh is a little spot of yummy mashed potatoes!

115. LaureninGeorgia says:

o – I want to know which one curled up first. Did the kitten go to sleep and then the boxer very gently wrapped himself around her? Or – did the boxer go to sleep and then the kitten wormed her way into his embrace?

I really want to know!!

116. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“Enquiring minds ….”

117. lovely, lovely snuggling but methinks that is not a pug, it is a boxer curled round a chocolate point siamese kitten. note the pink pads on the kit.

118. I want to be the big spoon.

119. Gerry Tierney says:

Boxer, not pug.

120. deborahb says:

Yeah, that’s def NOT a pug. I have 2 pugs, I would know. Cute pic though. Maybe someone could change the title.

121. muttluver says:

………….I’ll go back to normal eventually, I promise.

122. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

but normal isn’t any fun!! :)

123. :twisted: That is so true :twisted: