OMG HEAD JUST SPLODED WE’VE GOT MAMA & BEBEH SLOTH BONUS TONGUE ACTION @ 1:18 WHOA NELLIE

You knew this one was sent in by Brinke G., thanks to the all caps title.

Comments

1. I admit it. I whimpered like someone bludgeoned over the head with CUTE when the teeny pink tongue flickered out. *swoon*

2. My hubby just opined that it probably took five days to birth the baby ‘cos they’re so darned slow. LOL!

3. Oh, and the baby tongue action was cute, but the yawn that followed was TOO MUCH!!!

4. Mary (the first) says:

Very sweet and floofy but goodness look at those nails on the mama! eeek

5. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

This mama has a GOOD GIG goin’ on!!! :)
    People bring food TO HER!!11!! and she’s lookin’ pretty darn relaxed, too :)

6. very true

7. LOL I got this tweet and hoped it was as amazing as the tweet was and IT WAS MORE AMAZING.

8. (The Original) Mel says:

Ahm eatin things and holding mah bebeh…zzzzzzz.

9. Pooor mama sloth!!!! Unless of course, there’s like, 3 or 4 hours between contractions!

10. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I LOVE SLOTHS.

11. GUH. The teeny yawn! I die, I die.

How old is this little guy/girl?

12. Queen of Dork says:

No. Really. I have something in my eye. (gulp)

13. They are such bizarre animals! But so cute! Love the tongue and yawn :D

14. This is an automated response from Mudbug’s computer. She will post a response to this video as soon as she regains consciousness .
    Thank You, that is all.

15. I think the same thing must be in my eye. (gulp too)

16. WendyPinNJ says:

Oh lordy.

The eye capsules and the blunt little nose.

The tongue and the big yawn–so ty-ty from working so hard, that yummy little baby is!

17. Who is Nellie? One of the sloths?

18. *shifty eyes* Nelly?

19. annoyinglittletwerp says:

Lincoln Park Zoo doesn’t charge admission-so if you ever visit Chicago, it’s an inexpensive day out.

20. Queen of Dork says:

*hands Ali-baba a tissue. blows nose and wipes dust out of eyes* (honk! that’s me blowing my nose)

21. The title of the post is hilarious.

22. I actually thinks sloths are one of the few animals – if not the only – that actually looks more adorable as an adult. Squeeeeee!!!!

23. Factoid: All mammals have tongues.

24. Mini lizard tongue action – love eeeet!

25. Um, cute but gnarly – cnarly?

26. Queen of Dork says:

Hmmmmmmm. That’s pretty interesting! :) Are there any creatures on earth (besides viruses and bacteria) that do NOT have tongues? This is interesting. I’m now totally picturing every creature. Do fish have tongues? I know snakes do. Cool Factoid, there, Ray!

27. That yawn at the end was adorable.

28. Low-intensity parenting for the win.

29. Gigi (the original one) says:

Yes Queen fish have tongues, at least Codfish have. In the Gaspésie region of Québec, Codfish tongues are a delicacy.
    And no I don’t know how they taste, I refuse to taste something that can taste me back!! LOL!

30. The first few months of parenthood are similar across species!

31. Thank you, Brinke G. and Cuteoverload! I just spent an entire afternoon at the Lincoln Park Zoo, trying to get a glimpse of this baby, but only got to see mom sleeping in various positions, all of which obscured the baby. I did get to see some excellent baby gibbon action, though.

32. Theresa: “Whoa Nellie” is a phrase that means “slow down.”

33. That baby almost looked like it had to be a puppet with the way its head moved. That tounge! That yawn! That baby has the makings of a STAR!

34. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*high-pitched electronic BEEEEEP noise*

35. BABY GIBBONS! I love gibbons.

That tongue on Babysloth is unreal. I actually screamed when 1:18 happened. not a squee, an actual shriek.

36. KBT

killed by tongueage

37. I’ve watched this over and over (it’s been on Zooborns for a few days) and still can’t get over the cuteness. Maybe one more time will do it . . .

They’ve got young polar bears at Zooborns, btw.

38. teaching bebeh to chew food slowly so sweet

39. Lincoln Park?? Isn’t that where they rapin’ e’rebody?? (Hide your tongues, hide your claws, hide yer babysloths toooOOOooo)

40. @ @

41. well, that was centered when I typed it (sigh). not cut out for this technology thing…..

42. (nods approvingly) squee-worthy!!

43. That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen! I’ve never seen such a SMALL sloth (this coming from a woman who has sloths tattooed on her ankle). MY GOD it is amazing!

44. Ew! Ew ew ew ew ewwwwww!

45. OMW!! That yawn!! So ty-ty!!! Bless it’s little cotton socks!

46. bookmonstercats says:

Lovely name. Short for either Margaret, or Helen – I used to have two aunt Nellies, one of each.

See also, “Not on your Nelly”, meaning “not on your life” (if that makes sense)

47. bookmonstercats says:

I thought bebeh sloth’s head was a puppeh when I first saw it. Now that WOULD be inter-species snorgling!!11!!!

48. … but the yawn-you didn’t warn us about the yawn! Oh, my stars and garters, such a yawn….

49. Fleurdamour says:

Slothular!

50. Sasha's Mum says:

Sheesh, *another* slowmo animal video, been there, done that … (pauses while someone whispers in ear) … Oh, I get it now!
    :-D

51. Shammy Shamrocks says:

Sorry–I thought that was kind of gross. Tongue action is cute, but not when your mouth is full of food, and you are chewing UPSIDE DOWN. There was food/spit-up all down the mother’s front, too.

52. I can def see the bond between mama and her LUNCH, the behbeh not so much… but must be tough to caress your infant with those meathooks!

53. MINI SLOTH YAWN AND LEEK LOVE!

54. ohhhhhhhhhhh k………….

55. Alexandra Noelle says:

wooeell my head asploded too :) i figured it was gonna yawn, but first THE LIIIITLE TONGUE, then YAAAWN. :)))))) so dang cute

56. ratchic says:

Yea cuz animals are normally such clean eaters, right? Especially when their native home is in a tree, upside down! Geesh.