Furried Treasure

Oh hai! Guess what? We had fun! You’re going to love this! We made a treasure hunt up and down the beach by burying cell phones, car keys, radios, binoculars, books, water bottles and shoes! And we drew the treasure map with sun lotion on your back while you were sleeping!

Did they bury metal detectors too, Jessica H.?

Comments

1. Retired Hippie says:

Oh they look so proud of themselves! And the one in pink has a little watch on her collar…too stinkin’ cute!

2. bookmonstercats says:

Sundresses. WOOOOOOT

3. Lorna Dune and Sandy Duncan

4. ehn! I was gonna call Matchingks because of the peenk tongue and sundress, but it’s already tagged!

5. trouble-dee and trouble-dum

6. bookmonstercats says:

Slain.

7. Are those doggies or Ewoks???

8. The one on the right really does have quite a human look on its face: that 5-year-old look-what-I-did-Mommy! look that they get when they’re so proud of something they’ve done and have no idea how bad it is.

9. Serves you right for putting them in sundresses on a nude beach.

People are STARING at us.

10. Mary (the first) says:

This is why I want a small dog someday. So I can put him/her in a sundress with ruffles!

11. :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. They make them for big doggies too! :D

13. Gigi (the original one) says:

The hover text make me wonder what else these little devils may have buried in the sand…like the family cat up to it’s neck maybe?

14. Gigi (the original one) says:

Oh sure, I can just imagine a Bull Mastif in a pink ruffled sundress…LOL! http://www.daypetclinic.com/images/dogs/bullmastiff2.jpg

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

– but Kar — isn’t that WHY some peeps WEAR bikinis and other provocative beachwear? To be LOOKED at on the beach?

*innocent facial expression*

16. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

That boxer will be in PTSD
    (Polka Trauma Stressful Dots) Therapy for several months, I fear ….

17. Ask and ye shall receive!

18. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

brinnann: THAT photo contains
    a sports-arena amount of bizarreness.

Quite a surreal expression on that theah big slobbery doggeh’s face!!! Thanks for that contribution to my fun this weekend!!!11!!

19. Totally!

20. Or may a little “doody” buried in the sand for the unsuspecting barefootin’ hoomans. HAAAAAAha

21. I LOVE beach doggies! Where we used to go when I was little, there was a big English setter (I never see that kind of dog anymore) named Chester, who used to run up and down the beach, stealing everybody’s lunches, slobbering on children, and destroying sand castles. He was awesome. :D

22. Yes.

23. Gigi (the original one) says:

OMG! Is the hooman who did that to that poor doggie still in one piece??

24. Gigi (the original one) says:

Yes I had the same kind of experience when I was little in Old Orchard Beach.
    But it was a big German Sheperd named Silver and she would swim in the sea after us and drag us back by our bathing suits!

25. Hey! That’s Mrs. Masell, my 3rd grade teacher! Haven’t thought of her in years and suddenly there she is!

26. Mary (the first) says:

Y’all are funny. Actually I think the big dogs are more on the sad side of “cute or sad?” and the little ones all the way on “cute”. But thanks for the great photos of those poor sad dogs!

27. Awesome!

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa: IMHO, a doggeh isn’t a TRUE doggeh unless it’s Big and Hairy and Slobbering is Required. However the two doggehs in sundresses in this photo will be allowed on a Technical Exception due to extreme cuteness of their facial expressions!!!

Also : please, CO peeps, don’t attack me. Everybody else on the planet is welcome to hold the Exact Opposite Opinion. This is just *MY* version of the Rules of the Universe. However, as of yet, I’m not In Charge; so it’s a Theorum rather than an Enforced Policy. :)

29. TrixandSam says:

I think it’s a universal law that English Setters are named Chester. A neighbor’s setter was named Chester. When I was kid, on my way to school, there was one house where the setter was out every morning to cheer all of us on. His name? Chester.

30. OHHHH NOOOOO. <3333 This is just TOO cute.

31. This is why I love little dinky dogs. They are deliciously evil!!

32. Ya, while the one on the left is saying “BAAAAAhahahahaha…you’ll never be-LIEVE what we did with the car keys!!!!!”

33. Perhaps there is just one extradimensional time and space traveling English setter named Chester.

34. That is very true! My dinky dog is deliciously evil. Then she cuddles up to us and bats her eyelashes ensuring that all previous evils are forgotten.

35. We’re not worthy!!!

36. I would have agreed with you until the day Fate presented me with a tiny, unloved, neglected, terrified chihuahua. My heart now belongs to the little ones. But I’ve never forgotten my love of big, goofy, galumphy, slobbery dogs.

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

@ katie: isn’t THAT, why God *GAVE* us eyelashes???

*blink* *blink*
    *innocent facial expression*

38. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

*HOORAY* for “big, goofy, galumphy, slobbery dogs”!!!

and also lil’ delicate doggie-poohs who have previously been neglected or abused. That gives ‘em some extra points…

39. kibblenibble says:

Galumphy! :-)

40. Anyone else think the dog on the left looks likes the little pet in The Dark Crystal? As soon as I saw him I couldn’t get it out of my head :)

41. Kinda like the “Dr. Who” of dogs?

42. You’re right, he does look Fizzgig!

43. WHAT ARE THEY LAUGHING AT?