A League of His Own

Spring training is very important. It’s time to get in the outfield and pick dandelions.

Bassets are loaded, Sandy.

1. Ah, the crack of the basset!

2. TrixandSam says:

Bravo! Bravo!

(Cubbies just announced their opening day pitcher….)

3. annoyinglittletwerp says:

Please let it NOT be Zambrano!

4. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

izzat diffrunt from “Zamboni”????

*innocent expression*
    *blink* *blink*

5. What an adorable pooch. Can I help pick the dandelions, please?

6. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Also, *BOOP!!*

7. Puppers needs to tweak that camouflage outfit just a bit.

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I think perhaps tweaking
    (or mowing) the GRASS might be a bit more manageable :)

9. He’s playing pretty deep, must’ve hit that ball pretty fur out there.

10. “I said Sir, I am the Short, Sweet and Winking Shortstop! Thank you!”

11. Reminds me of the dog in the old Nintendo game Duck Hunt!

12. He’s so full of adorabuhls, I can hardly stand it!

13. So very sweet. Can I go where he is? It is -6F, 30 MPH wind, and snowing here. The goggies and I long for green grass.

14. So sorry mtkees! Where in the heck are you?? Sending sunshine your way…

15. We are hitting -30 odd Celcius today, including windchill… and that was the HIGH. *shivers and closes door firmly*

16. Martha in Washington says:

Outstanding in his field!

17. DARN, DARN, DARN!!!!!!!!!!! You beat me to it!!!!!

18. Yes, me too! I guess I need to get here earlier in the day!

19. Do I detect a whiff of Berke Breathed’s Bloom County?

20. That’s just what I was thinking: dandelion patches + bassets … It’s Rosebud the Basselope!

21. HaHa! Someone missed on Duck Hunt!

22. Mary (the tall) says:

Here…in…right field, it’s easy, you know,
    you can be awkward or you can be slow,
    that’s why I’m here in right field,
    just watchin’ the dandelions grow…

23. He also needs to chase some butterflies.

24. Baseball AND Bassets = WoOT!

Only…now I want to leave work & head home to hug MY basset. Boo.

25. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I’m glad that you have a Basset, tho !!! :)

26. annoyinglittletwerp says:

When I was in high school we adopted what we THOUGHT was a beagle-doxie but turned out to be a beagle-basset. We named her…Boo.
    ‘Me and you and a dog named Boo…’

27. He reminds me of the dog from Duck Hunt. He’s laughing at me because I missed all the ducks!

28. He must be in his field of dreams… he looks so happy!

29. Lewis n' Clark says:

He’s contemplating his RBI – runs barooed in

30. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*and the crowd goes WILD*
    *crowd noise in the bleachers*

31. I don’t know if it’s the same in the USA; but in England, the folk tale is, that picking Dandelions makes you wet the bed.

32. mmmmkay……. ;-)

33. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*Caused me to look up Ferdinand the Bull*

*Did anyone else, know that the tale of Ferdinand the Bull may [evidently] have originally been developed as a parable about pacifism, regarding the Spanish Civil War, and that the story had an early incarnation (1930s) as a puppet show????*

34. Oh I loved that story growing up… hmmm I didn’t know about the political commentary of it, Interesting!

35. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I know, kittyadventures!

I’m a career librariologist (giggle) and the backstory about 1930s Spain/ pacifism was all entirely new to me, earlier today at Wikipedia. I never thought I’d see some literary history item at Wikipedia that was new to me :)

36. Thanks! I love bassets, Ferdinand, AND anti-fascist movements.

37. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Come on, everyone sing along: “Do your ears hang low…” :)

38. Do they wobble to & fro?

Can you tie ’em in a knot?

Can you tie ’em in a bow?

Can you throw ’em over your shoulder like a continental soldier?

Do your ears hang LOOOOOW!!!!????

…………………Thank you for bringing back childhood memories of singing that. :)

39. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*”Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the crowd GOES WILD!!!!11!!” :)

40. If you build it they will come!

41. Martha in Washington says: