South America, Here I Come!

The exotic wildlife! The breathtaking views! Oh, to pitch my hammock in the branches of a centuries-old tree and feel the cool mist of a waterfall on my face! Sipping a mimosa, not a care in ...

That's odd; I don't seem to be floating. Maybe I need more balloons.

Don't forget your passport, Toni and Jim.

Comments

1. many more balloons, kittycat! Maybe a friendly man in a house too.

2. Gone for spring break. BRB

3. Gigi (the original one) says:

Take me with you kitty, pleeeease!

4. Crazy long whiskers on this kitteh!

5. (The Original) Mel says:

*Gets kitteh a lawn chair, a seatbelt, a parachute, and a s***load more balloons.* Oh the felinity!

6. Martha in Washington says:

Take lots of chocolate (for Kevin) and beware of the talking dogs! “Squirrel!”

7. Mary (the first) says:

I also noticed the beautiful whiskers!! :D

8. woah, y’all will not believe the coincidence –
    I JUST booked my plane ticket to South America!

no doubt I’m meant to bring this kitteh in my carryon!

9. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

So cute! I love it!

Typed in from my iPod touch.

10. Can I come too, tracylee :D I have my Canadian passport and we can both take turns snorgling that kitty :D

11. Ong kiki-chong ki chong-chong ki-chong . . .

[Aerial montage of Christ the Redeemer and tanned buttocks]

Olha que coisa mais linda,
    Mais cheia de graça.
    É ela a gatinha que vem e que passa,
    num doce balanço a caminho do mar.

12. Sure! hmm… I hope there’s enough room, I plan on bringing back a baby ‘paca, too…

13. SQUIRREL!!

14. So cruel!

You just brought up a long-ago memory. Young Oberon had gotten a hold of a helium balloon by the string, and he was so proud he wanted everyone to know.

So he meowed. Loudly. And we all turned in time to a balloon rising to the ceiling and a very disappointed cat staring upwards.

15. I think this is the way they told me to pull out my bad tooth? or was that on a door nob?

16. Martha in Washington says:

I was just thinking that exact same thing!

No, not really. :(

17. Up Up and away
    in my Beautiful Balloon

18. LOL!

19. Você está no Brasil? no Rio?

A lovely little tribute to a cat. Thank you.

20. HP – a loose translation. “Hello my name is Linda, my cat is graceful and my dog does the paso doble, eat my white balcolny, a friend in March”

21. Kitty attempts to fly like a boid.

22. Looser:

Oh, look at something so beautiful, and most graceful. A kitten knows the way, and always dances down the road to the sea.

Most loose:

Tall and tan and young and lovely
    The cat from Ipanema goes walking and
    As she passes each one she passes goes,
    “Aaaah.”

23. bookmonstercats says:

That kitty ain’t fat, but he’ll need more than one balloon.

Oh, and what beautiful golden eyes.

24. Adorei!!! I live in Rio, I’m looking at Christ the Redeemer right now and that cat is exactly like my cat I had for 20 years!!

25. Wait, wait, “A friend in March”? You’ll need a friend, with all that water. (No animals at the link, but plenty of Qute for boys and girls of all persuasions.)

26. Okay, at this point they look like accountants (so, no longer adorable), but here’s Tom Jobim and Jo&atlde;o Giliberto with a song for our blue-and-white friend in the OP:

27. N&atide;o. Seu Norteamericano. Estados Unidienses. But I love Brazilian music.Maybe more than I love cats, and that’s a lot of love.

28. This cat’s a beauty!

29. Awww. Poor Oberon.

30. Stupid English keyboard.

Não.

And later, João Gilberto.

I think that’s right. I wish CO had preview.

31. and then he thought to himself, “i have the best cat name ever.”

32. Mi pobrecito!

I used to call him that before he died. I held him in my arms in articulo mortis. He was my best friend.

33. An awesome name, and he lived up to it.

34. That’s sucha cute kitty face but I also wanted to congratulate teh pioc-taker for such a beautiful shot! I know nothing about cameras but even I know that light-level looks tricky.

35. “pioc-taker” hee!
    “pic-taker” I mean.

36. They look like fiber optic cables!

37. Heh. A local talk show’s producer has the “Squirrel!” soundbite apparently at the ready for when the talk show host fumbles or gets distracted or tries to do math. Hilarity ensues.

38. Say hi to Kevin for me!

39. I was just thinking, what a wonderful cat name!

40. Gorgeous eyes, beautiful serious face while playing.

41. Yay Up reference!! I was at my local Fenton’s over the weekend and they had a stuffed animal Dug sitting on their ice cream counter :)

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh…..”

43. Ok :lol: One kitty and one baby alpaca and one female human stuffed into your carry-on, Tracylee :lol: Or would it be better if I brought my own carry-on and stuffed said kitty inside :lol: