THIS JUST IN: Gummy Gorilla Grin

This mostly toothless smile belongs to Tiny, the first gorilla born at the London Zoo in 20 years. At four months, he’s just learning to walk, with some coaching from his loving mom Mjukuu.

Full story at The Sun.

Comments

1. So, a la the Italian side of my family, are they going to just keep calling him Tiny until he’s 400 + pounds? I think that would be cool. :D

2. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

– Also in the news:
    Tiny’s dental choices mean HUGE savings on toothpaste and Dentu-Creme!!!

3. Andi from NC says:

The zookeeper is so cute – he’s just like a proud papa (he can say he doesn’t think of himself as a papa but I don’t believe him for a minute) – too sweet. I just want to cuddle Tiny!!!!

4. That is one big head on that baby! Cute little fellow, though. Congrats to Mom and the London Zoo!

5. Gigi (the original one) says:

I so would love to see the tiny baby gorilla’s tantrum the zoo keeper was talking about LOL!

6. 2:16– Mini-Gorilla-Moon OMG!!!

7. His name is “Tiny”?

I’ll bet _that_ will eventually become obsolete…

8. (The Original) Mel says:

This is one instance in which having a monkey on one’s back is anerable. Looks like a regular little boy minus the cowboy dress-up outfit.

9. As cute as Tiny is, the look of maternal pride and affection on Mum’s face is just heartbreakingly sweet.

10. Tooooooo precious for words!!!

11. As someone who is due to give birth in a week or so, this was especially adorable to me. He looks like a little hairy human baby. :) Too bad I can’t look forward to having the baby cling to my back while I use all four limbs to do stuff.

12. This post is approved by the Uplift Institute.

13. I love the way mom is actively teaching her baby to stand up and move around, all in the context of play. Baby is encouraged to explore and yet knows his security anchor is right behind him. Sorry, my early-childhood-teacher self is coming out. She gets an A+ in parenting from me!!

14. Aw, how exciting! Blessings on your new hooman behbeh. If s/he starts walking at four months like Tiny, you’ll have a world record on your hands. ;)

15. So. Cute. Ahhhhhhn….

The very last shot (starting at 2:05), where he reaches back for his mom’s hand and then looks at her and the camera over his shoulder… wow, that just got me. *sniff*

16. So I think I want to date the zookeeper (assuming he’s single, of course.) Cute, British, and can get me behind-the-scenes in the gorilla house. Yes, please.

17. Wish I could see Tiny’s toddler tantrums. Sorry to hear his Dad died last spring even before he was born, but he certainly has a sweet surrogate father in Mr. Zookeeper. And major awwwwwwww at Mama Gorilla holding Tiny’s hands as baby took tentative steps.

18. Me, too. So sweet! *snif*

19. Mrs. Kravitz says:

And we like to think we’re the ones who are “evolved.”

Also, hearty ‘grats and good wishes!

20. Queen of Dork says:

Knees and elbows. (cough, cough) crap. knees and elbows and pretty eyes. and it’s a baby. I think I need help.

*Thud*

21. Tssh. I don’t understand why people would think that we’re descended from monkeys at all. I mean, they’re sooooo unhumanlike.

22. SOOOOOO adorable!!!

23. He’s a cute little guy, but some day “Tiny” will be about as big as a Volkswagen. I hope he’s a friendly Volkswagen.

24. Ooh, I’ve just seen a Gorilla babies willy.

25. Awwww, baby Tiny looks a lot like Nipsey Russell. I LOVE Nipsey Russell!

26. Human babies have huge heads too! Your head doesn’t actually grow that much when you grow up. But did you know that your ears keep growing your entire life?

27. You can just see the depth of feeling in these beautiful creatures. But I forgot – animals don’t have feelings. (said in my most sarcastic voice possible).

28. You can just see the depth of feeling in these beautiful creatures. But I forgot – animals don’t have feelings. (said in the most sarcastic voice possible).

29. Just so you don’t think I’m a total lunkhead… this wouldn’t post so I hit the “post comment” button again. It said I’d already posted those words so I figured I’d change just one word and then it would post. And now I’m just rambling. Can I call myself a boob without going into moderation?

30. TrixandSam says:

snerk!

*heads off to the Snickering Lounge…*

31. crazy wienerdog lady says:

Just not into primates….to each their own :)

32. This little gorilla made my day. Thanks CO for posting this. : )

33. And your nose, too.

34. Actually, yes Theresa. According to the article, he shall be Tiny no matter what size he gets.

35. Emmberrann says:

You can just see his bebeh gorilla teef gonna poke out of his gums soon. And I love the way he’s lookin’ back at Mom sayin': “See? I big g’rilla boy, Mummy!”

36. “mjuk” means “soft” in Swedish. Mother’s soft :)