Toffy Top Hat

What’s the word, old bean?

Bloomin’ eck, that bumpkin of a  butler’s off his trolley and I’m a posh guinea pig all on me tod. Would you be so very kind as to run my bath?

Righty-o, Emily W.

Comments

1. It’s an Amish peeg!

2. AbraHAM Lincoln: is it President’s Day already?

3. (The Original) Mel says:

I’m steppin out to a peeg-ciety that simply reeks with class…I’m putting on my peeg hat…tieing up my peeg tie…brushin off my tailio.

4. looks more like Abraham Lincoln delivering the Guineasburg Address!

5. And so, Hammond McHamsterson, the magician’s assistant, ruins yet another show by coming out from underneath the hat too soon.

6. Squeeks McCavvyson was thrilled to death to get the role of The Artful Dodger in his school’s production of Oliver Twist.

7. Looks a little more Hasidic than Cockney to me.

8. Aww, what now!? :P

9. Queen of Dork says:

To quote the TV cereal commercial…”Ellow, Gov’ner.”

10. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa? You nailed that one, sistah! I really can’t touch that.

11. earlybird1 says:

Oh well done! “Guineasburg Address!” :D

12. biscuithead says:

When did the posh start speaking cockney?
    Makes no sense.

13. Back off, beaverteeth, the sherry’s mine.

14. Formal wear fail: pig has the top hat, but no tails.

15. @ Theresa:
    And my second favorite version of that song:

16. Gigi (the original one) says:

Yeah for Young Frankenstein!

17. Abraham Lincoln has been reincarnated in peeg-form.

18. “It’s pronounced Frahnk-en-steen!” :-D

19. “Kuuuper duuuper!!!” … (I love him)

20. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

GAH but also HA HA [in the Best Possible Way, of course ;) ]!!!111!!!!!

21. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

….is that an Agape love, a philiea love, or an eros love, pyrit?????

(naughty giggle)

22. Oy vey guv’na.

23. Argyle Donkeypants says:

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

24. This is always the version of “Puttin’ on the Ritz” that I hear…..

25. Every time this song was played, Rick James’s jheri curls uncurled a little bit. :P

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

Fourscore and seven minutes ago we, your forefathers, were brought forth upon a most excellent adventure conceived by our new friends, Bill and Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition which was true in my time, just as it’s true today. Be excellent to each other. And… PARTY ON, DUDES!

27. I keep picturing the top-hatted pig in this post saying that ….

28. I like the Clark Gable one since I heard it first. But, yes, the “Young Frankenstein” one is the classic.

29. I was thinking of Peegie Wooster and his intrepid servant, Jeeves.

30. Precisely, Mrs Decca. The “peeg’s” voice definitely reminds that of Mr Wooster, without a shadow of a doubt.

31. Queen of Dork says:

Roll in the hay, roll in the hay! :)

32. Queen of Dork says:

*say in very solemn, founding fartherly deep, resonating, booming sort of a voice* (ahem)

Four score and 15 minutes ago, We, the Peeps of CO, proclaimed unto all and sundry (?!) That we promise to pet and love the furry things which abide betwixt (?), between and amongst us, and furthermore and herefore(something or another) will allow such furry things to write our Constitution of which we will abide merrily as we doth our hats and feed our dogs and cats. Or something like that.

33. The Artful Dodger wore a hat like that, and had an accent like that.

34. Oliver Twist, anyone?

35. Yup, must be honest Abe. Stovepipe hat (check), solumn expression showing heavy weight of leadership on shoulders (check), sideburns and beard without the moustache (check). Happy Presidents Day!

36. oh, and is that Mary Todd Lincoln’s hair elastic in the background?

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*resounding applause*

“Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Author!! Author!!”

38. He vas my boyfriend!!!

39. paulajeanne says:

Oh my yes! Dead look-a-like with those sideburns!

40. Queen of Dork says:

*whips off top hat. flings tuxedo tails around rear end. bows in the most deeply, humble manner imagineable. with eyes closed and averted* (wearing white gloves and very shiny black shoes and having monogramed hankies in breast pocket) (that smell of perfume)

41. I love that movie. How’s it going, Old West dudes? :D

42. Queen of Dork says:

It’s going sweetly, Theresa! And you and Dante? Albert is good. He has a new scratching pad. He needs it because he was insisting that MY COUCH was the only thing to sharpen his claws on. I was going to ask all of you peeps how I could make him cease and desist from seeing the couch as kitty crack but I think I got it. I purchased this stuff to spray on the couch which is supposed to deter cats from scratching. Seems to work. The fuuny thing is that I think it smells really good but Albert thinks the crap is really stinky.

*End of stupid, nothing-to-do-with-anything thread grab*

43. bookmonstercats says:

Clark Gable. *Le sigh*.

44. kibblenibble says:

Everything about this film is perfection…love eet!

45. bookmonstercats says:

How true. *melancholy tones*

Anovver win from de Oak, Maury Poppins (peeg is actually speaking Dick van Dyke cockney, rather than Bertie Wooster) but brill post. Lof eet.

46. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

very moving acceptance of audience appreciation, there, Q !!!!

so…quiet and discreet!!!!

47. QoD – I would offer advice re the couch, but my little darling has shredded,the second lot of loose covers I have bought, at £800 pounds a go. I bought the keep of spray but rarely remember to use it.

48. What a simply topping rig out.

49. (The Original) Mel says:

Oui. Cest magnifique.

50. Crush the proletaripeegs!