This is Going to be Big!

This is huge! Like the Big Dipper! Like Big Ben! Like a Big Mac! Like my owner’s absurd miscalculations!

Big! Like the vet’s bill!

Start digging, Chiquilla and Erika C.

1. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

2. With a great bone, comes great responsibility.

Oooh, ooh! “That’s what… I said… to her…” Wait, how does it go again?

3. snerk

4. northchannel says:

Kind of hate to mention this, but it really is a pretty good jump from a “Great Bone” to just a “wiener”.

5. TrixandSam says:

“That’s what she said…”

6. She never said that to ME, dammit. :P

7. Be that as it may, that is one jubilant-looking prancing pooch!

8. I’m imagining this very happy pupster trying to run into the house without letting go of the bone…

9. Andi from NC says:

That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking – bumping into walls, knocking over floor lamps, total “Brady Bunch” moment….

10. She wouldn’t let it go for a few days! Even tried burying it, but failed :) She IS such a happy little puppy

11. Is that bone from a rawhide dinosaur?

12. It’s Barney’s femur.
    GOOOOD doggie. :D

13. “Joy to the world!
    For Barney’s dead
    We barbecued his head!
    What happened to his body?
    We flushed it down the potty
    And round and round it goes,
    And round and round it goes
    And round, and round, and round it goes!”

— T.S. Eliot

14. Quoting T.S. Eliot always gets you thrown in moderation. :P

15. The Great Moderation Lounge in the Sky, perhaps?

16. Imagine him trying to get through the front door with the thing, and can’t understand why he can’t.

17. He looks so proud of himself, as if he’d slayed the beast himself. What a funny little fluffernutter.

18. Who says he didn’t? 8O

19. There’s half a t-rex skeleton behind that fence, you know.

20. mine looks kinda like this when she finds a 4′-long stick and tries to take it on a walk with us….

frickin’ cute!

21. Oh look, it’s that nice dog who works at the local wag and bone shop.

22. Head ’em up, move ’em out, ride ’em in….

23. RAWHIDE!

24. don’t try to understand ’em

just post ’em up and comment on ’em and see if you can inspire a rule…

25. Reminds me so much of a funny scene I saw in the park one AM. A lovely bouncy German Shepherd was trotting around besides his master, carrying and enormous, about 6 feet long tree branch in his mouth. At one point, he gave his person a long look, and the person said “Oh no you don’t– you wanted it, you carry it.” ;)

26. kibblenibble says:

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

28. What a happy and proud little dog!

29. Somebody had to do it ……

30. This scene was filmed on a soundstage, but it’s based on a real place (The “Steel Inn” in Kokomo, Indiana) that was only a few miles from where I grew up. I was underage when the movie came out, and by the time I got back to Kokomo years later, the Steel Inn had been shut down following the steel mill closing.)

31. …totally just sang along to that…

32. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

beer bottles thrown against chikken wire fencing!!!

33. I’m glad you did! One of my all-time fave movies, probably seen more times than Star Wars: A New Hope!

34. (The Original) Mel says:

Obviously this is a Great Dane trapped in an Old Yeller body.

35. Little pupper hits the big time and so proud of it! What a QT!

36. Bone to be Wild…! ;-)

37. What a great tail!

38. This Yellow Labbie-Boy hazza big prowd; and for good reason…..!
    No doubt this is the biggest bone he’s ever seen;
    (It would be interesting to watch somebody try to take this bone away from him;
    I can say this with assurance, since I have a big goofy Lab of my own…….
    the growls and barks that would ensue would send them screaming down the street, not because the Lolbradoar is nasty, but because it is HIS TOY!!!!) :mad:

39. Is this pup’s name Chiquilla? Awesome!

40. Yep, that’s my Chiquilla! She was soooo happy :)

41. “Mine, mine, mine. All mine!”

42. OMG it’s a femur! It’s a human femur!!!

43. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I beg to differ. Being an Ultimate Fan of the Film Bringing Up Baby (how can you go wrong? K. Hepburn, a nerd played by Cary Grant, AND two beautiful leopards; as well as a pickup truck and trailer full of chikkens????) ….I’ma go with the supposition that it’s an “Intercostal Clavicle” !!!!!!

44. :lol:

45. Just for you, one of the greatest cinematic scenes ever recorded!

46. I’m a huuuuuuuge fan of everything Cary Grant ever did. But Bringing Up Baby is him at his comedic best. LOL!

47. Argh, please don’t remind me of Vet bills, just cost $500+ for dental work for one of my cats!

48. Queen of Dork says:

I’m always amazed by dogs. Really. Is it just me or have any of you ever wondered what it would be like to smell like a dog? I don’t mean to have your body smell like a dog but to have the abilibity of smell like a dog has. It seems like it would open up a whole entire new world.

49. Dem bones, dem bones, dem, dry bones.

50. Ooh! That’s a Christmas big bone from Petsmart–I bought my Sassy about six of them in their after-Christmas sale, and she’s still nibbling on hers.

51. baby birdie says:

In the COXCU, you can see the pup’s prosh little face.