This is Going to be Big!

This is huge! Like the Big Dipper! Like Big Ben! Like a Big Mac! Like my owner’s absurd miscalculations!

Big! Like the vet’s bill!

Start digging, Chiquilla and Erika C.

Comments

1. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*snicker*

2. With a great bone, comes great responsibility.

Oooh, ooh! “That’s what… I said… to her…” Wait, how does it go again?

3. Be that as it may, that is one jubilant-looking prancing pooch!

4. I’m imagining this very happy pupster trying to run into the house without letting go of the bone…

5. Is that bone from a rawhide dinosaur?

6. Imagine him trying to get through the front door with the thing, and can’t understand why he can’t.

7. He looks so proud of himself, as if he’d slayed the beast himself. What a funny little fluffernutter.

8. mine looks kinda like this when she finds a 4′-long stick and tries to take it on a walk with us….

frickin’ cute!

9. Oh look, it’s that nice dog who works at the local wag and bone shop.

10. Head ‘em up, move ‘em out, ride ‘em in….

11. Reminds me so much of a funny scene I saw in the park one AM. A lovely bouncy German Shepherd was trotting around besides his master, carrying and enormous, about 6 feet long tree branch in his mouth. At one point, he gave his person a long look, and the person said “Oh no you don’t– you wanted it, you carry it.” ;)

12. snerk

13. kibblenibble says:

:lol:

14. northchannel says:

Kind of hate to mention this, but it really is a pretty good jump from a “Great Bone” to just a “wiener”.

15. What a happy and proud little dog!

16. Somebody had to do it ……

17. This scene was filmed on a soundstage, but it’s based on a real place (The “Steel Inn” in Kokomo, Indiana) that was only a few miles from where I grew up. I was underage when the movie came out, and by the time I got back to Kokomo years later, the Steel Inn had been shut down following the steel mill closing.)

18. RAWHIDE!

19. don’t try to understand ‘em

just post ‘em up and comment on ‘em and see if you can inspire a rule…

20. …totally just sang along to that…

21. (The Original) Mel says:

Obviously this is a Great Dane trapped in an Old Yeller body.

22. Andi from NC says:

That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking – bumping into walls, knocking over floor lamps, total “Brady Bunch” moment….

23. TrixandSam says:

“That’s what she said…”

24. Little pupper hits the big time and so proud of it! What a QT!

25. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*giggle*

26. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

beer bottles thrown against chikken wire fencing!!!

27. She never said that to ME, dammit. :P

28. It’s Barney’s femur.
    GOOOOD doggie. :D

29. Bone to be Wild…! ;-)

30. What a great tail!

31. This Yellow Labbie-Boy hazza big prowd; and for good reason…..!
    No doubt this is the biggest bone he’s ever seen;
    (It would be interesting to watch somebody try to take this bone away from him;
    I can say this with assurance, since I have a big goofy Lab of my own…….
    the growls and barks that would ensue would send them screaming down the street, not because the Lolbradoar is nasty, but because it is HIS TOY!!!!) :mad:

32. “Joy to the world!
    For Barney’s dead
    We barbecued his head!
    What happened to his body?
    We flushed it down the potty
    And round and round it goes,
    And round and round it goes
    And round, and round, and round it goes!”

— T.S. Eliot

33. Is this pup’s name Chiquilla? Awesome!

34. Quoting T.S. Eliot always gets you thrown in moderation. :P

35. Who says he didn’t? 8O

36. “Mine, mine, mine. All mine!”

giggle

37. OMG it’s a femur! It’s a human femur!!!

38. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I beg to differ. Being an Ultimate Fan of the Film Bringing Up Baby (how can you go wrong? K. Hepburn, a nerd played by Cary Grant, AND two beautiful leopards; as well as a pickup truck and trailer full of chikkens????) ….I’ma go with the supposition that it’s an “Intercostal Clavicle” !!!!!!

39. The Great Moderation Lounge in the Sky, perhaps?

40. :lol:

41. Just for you, one of the greatest cinematic scenes ever recorded!

42. I’m a huuuuuuuge fan of everything Cary Grant ever did. But Bringing Up Baby is him at his comedic best. LOL!

43. Argh, please don’t remind me of Vet bills, just cost $500+ for dental work for one of my cats!

44. There’s half a t-rex skeleton behind that fence, you know.

45. Queen of Dork says:

I’m always amazed by dogs. Really. Is it just me or have any of you ever wondered what it would be like to smell like a dog? I don’t mean to have your body smell like a dog but to have the abilibity of smell like a dog has. It seems like it would open up a whole entire new world.

46. I’m glad you did! One of my all-time fave movies, probably seen more times than Star Wars: A New Hope!

47. Dem bones, dem bones, dem, dry bones.

48. Ooh! That’s a Christmas big bone from Petsmart–I bought my Sassy about six of them in their after-Christmas sale, and she’s still nibbling on hers.

49. Yep, that’s my Chiquilla! She was soooo happy :)

50. She wouldn’t let it go for a few days! Even tried burying it, but failed :) She IS such a happy little puppy

51. baby birdie says:

In the COXCU, you can see the pup’s prosh little face.