Umbrella a Cappella

“Bus stops, bus goes, she stays, loff grows, under my umbrellaaaa!”

Made in the shade, Nancy H.

Comments

1. MamaMclain says:

Whoa, Cheshire Cat IRL!

2. Wet bus stop
    She’s waiting
    His car is warm and dry. :P

3. Let the stormy clouds chase
    Everyone from the place
    Come on with the rain
    I’ve a smile on my face!

4. You can’t say “umbrella a cappella” without thinking of this:

(of course, I might be biased because they’re my friendies…)

5. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

….almost wanna suggest “Matchingks” in re. kitteh’s BEAUTIFUL caramel eyes and la couleur de la parapluie!!!! ….

6. Bus stop
    Wet day
    She’s there
    I say,
    “Please share my umbrella.”

7. Gigi (the original one) says:

But it’s sunny so it’s a parasol not a parapluie LOL!

8. happypiano says:

that short dude is sam tsui! =D

9. ..omg oo now that’s cutie overload…

10. The Hollies!!! This was my wedding song! My sweetie and I actually met at the bus stop. We used to take the same bus every day to go to work, and he’s sort of shy so it took him a long time to get up the courage to say hello to me. Then one day he asked if i wanted his copy of the local paper, and introduced himself…… we read the paper together every morning after that <3

And yes, by August he was mine……..

11. DEFINITELY Matchink!

But I’m disagreeing with you on the caramel eyes. I’m going with the ancient mysteries seen in the coveted tones of amber.

12. Or, “It’s a big enough umbrella, but it’s always me that ends up getting wet.”
    (Every little thing she does is magic!)

13. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

I’m thinking, that you’ve both raised EXCELLENT Clarifying Points.

*bows in gratitude*

14. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

D’awwwww!!!!!!! How ridiculously heart-warming is THAT???????
    A good song, AND a happy ending, TOO!!!!1111!!!!!

15. Cute cute story Annie i love it.

16. le siiiiighh…..

: D

lurve!

17. yay! So glad so many people love this song – everyone in my family has one ‘oldies’ song that defines them – this is my mom’s!

(my dad’s is Build Me Up Buttercup and mine is Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes)

18. Mine is “The KKK Took My Baby Away.” :mrgreen:

19. :D AWW :D I want so much to snorgle that kitty :D

20. Oh, snort!! Snort, snort, snort!!

21. Martha in Washington says:

Yay!! My favorite Police song! I always fantasized about me and Sting when I heard this song. He used to be a school teacher, you know.

22. His eyes are fixed upon the ghost even while he speaks with his friends, from whom he struggles to free himself.

23. bookmonstercats says:

Can you imagine, Sting (in his younger days) walking into your classroom on the first day and saying “Hi, I’m Gordon and I’m going to teach you English”? (I think his name is Gordon Sumner, haven’t checked *whispers* supposed to be working)

24. bookmonstercats says:

*wipes tear away*

25. bookmonstercats says:

Yaay The Hollies. Allan Clarke has the best “white blues” voice (along with Chris Farlowe)

26. My very favorite sixties song, and a tip of the hat to Graham Nash, world’s only book-collecting rock star!

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

we won’t let on, to yer supervisor, BMC :)

28. This song has been going through my head for he past three days. Weird! It’s also one of Our Songs. Fun post, great song reference, and ubercute kitteh. =)

29. I had a magazine-page “poster” of the Police in my 8th grade school locker, but I had to be different; Stewart Copeland always was the one I thought was cute.

30. bookmonstercats says:

Sends gratitude to O NO!

31. When I was like 3 or 4 my favorite song was “Delta Dawn” and I could sing all the words to it. But comprehension didn’t quite catch up with memory, and the line “Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?” made me wonder if “Days Gone By” was the name of a person.

32. I humbly submit to you Gary Brooker of Procol Harum.

33. Yes, his name is Gordon Sumner.

Funny and completely-useless factoid. The DC comic character John Constantine (“Hellblazer”) first showed up as a minor character in “Swamp Thing” and proved to be a popular character in his own right, and so got his own comic. But his physical appearance was very, very obviously modeled on that of the young Sting.

There’s a scene in one “Swamp Thing” issue where Constantine is standing in a little rowboat named “The Honorable (?) Gordon Sumner.”

No, I wasn’t real happy about Keanu Reeves playing Constantine in the movie. :(

34. I can’t believe how many comments I’ve left on this post and NOT ONE about the gorgeous star of the photo!

35. For future reference, earworms are Not Cute.