Maru’s Protegé!?

WHERE have I seen this before!?

The Original™

,,,^..^,,, Sent this in. Seriously, that is how she signed the submission form.

Comments

1. Has Maru opened a School for Advanced Kitteh Box Surfing?

Can I sign up?

2. There can be only one.

Maru reigns supreme.

3. Besides, the little guy has a lot to learn, ie it doesn’t have the ‘toccular splayage that Maru has down so well.

Anyone else think that this little guy looks mad with those funny ‘eyebrows’?

4. While I admire and support the efforts of other cute kittehs to emulate Maru, Maru is definitely my top box diver. :)

5. I want eet! So cute!!!

6. Ah sensei, the young one’s powers are growing. He is like the wind at the beach – noisy and worth an a$$ full of sand.

7. cellarmouse says:

i became a fan of CO when Meg was the producer/director; i’m glad she’s back …

8. dis leetle one is so fluffeh!

9. Okay, I don’t wanna be racist, but are Japanese moggies different from Western moggies?

I mean, I can figure out a sequence of events where this would occur, evolutionarily. But man, Asian shorthairs are completely different cats from their Western counterparts.

I mean, everybody loves boxes. But Asian moggies have a completely different relationship to boxes than their Western counterparts. Or am I completely wrong?

10. i want one of those towers for my babies.

11. I like the way this little fizzball incorporates the box-dive into a kind of generalized wackadoodle-kitty rampage.

12. You still have much to learn, grasshopper…

13. Nothing beats the original, but this is still cute and awesome. :)

14. It’s the culture. It’s an island nation with a lot of people, so people and kitties are encouraged to conserve space.

15. Stressfactor says:

“Whackadoodle-kitty rampage” is now my favorite phrase.

Someone should come up with a rock band and name it Whackadoodle Kitty Rampage.

: >

16. Kurling for Kitties: Maru still wins, haunch splayage down.

17. Please please please tell me the little kitten has a training video montage set to inspirational 80s music.

18. that would be the best!!

19. People , have mercy ! It’s still small , it has potential for sure and also his human has to learn a lot !

20. The Force is with you, young Kitteh, but you are not a Maru yet!

21. Typical kid, give it a fancy toy and it plays with the box.

22. Look at that kitty’s loot! It has it made :D

23. Dang! Ya beat to it!

24. tobesograteful says:

Do not throw out that box!

25. Digitoonie says:

When I read that I instantly thought of this song.

26. paulajeanne says:

“whackadoodle kitty rampage” Awesome.

27. o god! so small, so fluffy!!

28. I dunno if you should be endorsing this video.
    The featured kitten is clearly a copy-cat.

29. I was just saying to a co-worker that I hadn’t seen a good Maru video in a while. Now I’m reminded I need to clean my floors.

30. its hilarious how marus’ box has to be twice as big. i just love adorable chunky sliding cats

31. So, once again, the Japanese have beaten us in the race to raise the next generation of stealthy, sleek, and deadly ninja box warriors.

32. As spay-shall as Maru is, I don’t think he has the monopoly on feline box-diving. Come on, surely some of you out there have cats and kittens that have done the same thing with much style and drama? Maru is not the first and he will not be the last, but he is the most famous for his bewitching feline ways. :)

33. Are we SURE Maru is neutered?

34. Maru is stunning! And yet I wish they would stay at that little kitty stage where they haven’t quite figured out how their legs and bodies work together and everything’s a game.

35. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ooooooooo tha floofy urange-ness!!! Eees beautimous!!!

36. Totally!!

If I were the owner of this lovely ball o’ floof (with legs and anerabuhlz tailio), I don’t know how I’d accomplish anything during the day other than snorgling teh kittayn.

37. Definitely an up and comer but Maru’s still the champ!

38. Love the little eyebrow markings! (And “whackadoodlew kitty rampage”!)

39. the kitty has yet to reach the point at which playing with a “Diet 77″ box is necessary … go Maru, you two-ton-bag-of-fun !

40. Not all breeds were built for tock splayage.

Kitty’s cuter, but Maru’s more entertaining.

41. ……….she left?

42. Great Aunt Kitty says:

While I love any cat, and especially little marmalades, Maru still has first place in my heart. The grace, the proshness, the sheer tonnage…..

43. “Whackadoodle kitty rampage” belongs in the CO glossary.

And this kitteh is prosh as all get out, but he’s got a long way to go the reach the box diving panache of Maru-san.

44. (The Original) Mel says:

I thought I was the only person who uses the word “whackadoodle.”

45. (The Original) Mel says:

I always hear the music from Hawaii 5-0 when I watch Maru.

46. (The Original) Mel says:

Maru is the Yoda of kitteh box surfing.

47. Same here, Elena1030 :D

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Now THAT’s a wonderful bit of audio, for Maru!!

49. Aussie_Gal says:

Hrm… no, sorry, Maru still wins in my opinion. The stubby little tail! The extreme seriousness! The fact that he isn’t a kitten anymore and *still* partakes in these antics. ^^ And the fact that he does so over and over and over again.
    <3 Maru.

50. Some human knows how to spoil her kitty! Notice the cat tree on top of the box with a straw bag on the top shelf. (Plus, she has really great taste in slippers.)

51. Ehh, pretty cute, but no Maru. 

52. And don’t forget the “I am so cool and you know you love it” look on Marus’ face!

53. Mini Maru! VERY cute!

54. ElizabethMc says:

My 7 yr old son has been sick for the last few days and generally miserable … but these videos cheered him up, no end. Sent both of us into fits of giggles and at the end of the second video, my boy demanded to see it again … and again … with more giggles.
    Thanks for the laughs. :)

55. Julienne (no permanent username) says:

Maru is the king of box-surfing. :D Maru should teach someone how to box-surf, too. Let’s hope we can keep his protégé’s progress!