An Afferret to Remember

♪♪ Ebony and ivory,
♪♪ Sleep together in perfect harmony
♪♪ In the shape of a valentine. I opine,
♪♪ Why can’t weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Happy Valentines Day, Julie T.

1. Okay, that is officially adorable.

2. sweet! happy v-day everyone!

3. Heart Felt Applause

4. Asplode.
    That is all.

5. Asplode.
    That is all.

6. Oh, nuts, it didn’t post the first time, now I look like a nincompoop. Sigh.

7. Funny; I always get a “Duplicate comment detected” warning.

8. we love getting to see skippy’s pic twice! :)

9. … but it is kinda funny to see “That is all” twice! I giggled.

10. You’re very kind.

11. The nifty thing about ferrets is that when they fall asleep, they sleep so hard that you can rearrange them in just about any shape you want. Silly, furry, flexi-noodles.

12. Colonel Jenna says:

You just answered my question, I could not for the life of me figure out how you *make* a ferret do anything, let alone pose.

13. Sadly, I couldn’t do this with my ferrets. They didn’t sleep deeply enough and always woke up when I pick them up. Too bad, because mine were almost the same colors as these two. (I should say “were”/”are”, because the dark-colored one is gone, but my silver mitt/light-colored girl is still with me.

14. Mine are light sleepers as well. But I can flop my boy as I will if I’m holding him. Any other go. And my little sable girl will not put up with any of it.

15. Emmberrann says:

I aranged a dark knee sock and a light knee sock in a heart shape, it didn’t arouse any warm fuzzy feelings in my qte-o-meter. *sigh* Somehow it’s just not the same. *heavy sigh*

16. Gigi (the original one) says:

That made me go: Ahhhh!

17. Are they WET ferrets?

18. ……..I’m not sure I want to get the joke. *perplexed*

19. No, I just meant — are they wet ferrets???

20. Fair enough.

21. No, they are not wet ferrets. They just have very shiny coats that sometimes react strangely to the camera (maybe the flash?). I have similar “shiny” pictures of my dark-colored ferret.

If they were wet, you would not see them because they would be racing around so fast trying to dry themselves off and get their scent back!

(sneaks in and nibbles on the earsies and toesies)

22. I was about to say those are the sparkliest ferrets I’ve ever seen!

23. Love to watch my ferret run wild after a bath. It’s so hilarious.

24. Gigi (the original one) says:

Perfect for Valentine’s Day

25. Martha in Washington says:

Cute video! Did you know when you click play an ad for eHarmony comes up at the bottom of the screen? If I submit my profile will it match me with one of those cute prairie dogs? *starts filling out forms*

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

27. Ha! I’ve never heard that song, so I don’t have an earworm!!

*enjoys the moment before the now inevitable posting of said song*

28. Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney (iirc), back when they were friends…..

29. They’re not friends anymore?

30. Well, one of them is no longer living, as it were…

31. I know, I was being a smartarse in a lame way.

32. What I heard was that McCartney got more than a little ticked when Jackson tried to buy the entire Beatles catalog…….

33. Yet, nonetheless, we still have “Say Say Say.” 8O

34. Yeah, well, my opinion of Paul McCartney slipped somewhat once I heard that he was VERY invested in his reputation as “the cute Beatle” and really did not like any of the others getting the spotlight. Humph.

(I always liked George best)

35. It was Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder, not Michael Jackson. C’mon, people!

36. It was from before you were born.

37. Mary (the first) says:

awwww! sweet! and nice voice, Mike! :D

38. Awwwwwwwwww! I “heart” this picture

39. Starts singing

Ferret feet
    Ferret Feet
    Dancing up and down the street
    Ferret feet.

Touching tails
    Touching Noses
    Arent they cute
    In Heart shaped Repose

Sweet and neat
    Life is complete
    when you get to see
    cute Ferret feet.

40. This made me smile!

41. For those of y’all not quite of a certain age, this is what we’re talking about, kiddo.

42. Yeah, a minute after I hit “submit” on my previous comment, I realized the voice I was hearing was Stevie Wonder, not MJ…….

43. You might be thinking of “The Girl is Mine” actually. MJ and Paul did do that duet.

44. Wow! I can’t believe I just sat through that entire song !
    That was soooo sweet I need a shot of insulin ! And I’m not even diabetic.
    The problem is the only excuse I can think of as to why I liked this song when it originally came out was I must have been real young ! (at least that’s the story I’m sticking to ) I feel like I just waded through a vat of honey !
    Hey at least the song was good for my diet, I won’t need anything sweet for dessert

45. CO had a very similar photo years ago. I liked that one a little better.

46. hey DC are you sure it was different? i assumed it was the same one…

47. We used to have a pair of ferrets in this color scheme!!! Their names were Sugar and Spice.

48. baby birdie says:

The “ivory” one is so sweet!