Are You a Cat Between the Age of 65 and 90?

Are your ears hairier than your head? If so, then Cheesy Toupee’ is for you!

Riley is not just the President, he’s also the client. Submitted by Licky and Stacey L..

Comments

1. kitteh looks so resigned to his fate!
    and mousie’s got a little cock-eyed half-grin that I find MOST pleasing on this rainy dreary morning

which one’s Licky?

2. uh oh, I know why I’m in ModerationStation … and so early, too!

how about coffee instead of drinks in the Purgatory Lounge?

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

ooooh, baby rattie!

4. TrixandSam says:

Kitteh thinking about dinner.

5. That hair is lookin’ a bit ratty.

6. Ratatouille!

7. So, a rat walks into a bar and the bartender says: Why the sour puss?

[Thank you. I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal!]

8. I think I’m in love with that cat’s nose.

9. The buns? Adorable
    The singing? Not so much.

10. I’m right behind you!

11. Gigi (the original one) says:

Cat’s got eating on his mind.

12. tip your waitress!

13. A whiskey sour puss is my personal favorite.

14. Does anyone know what kind of cat this is? I found my cat on the side of the road a few years ago and she has identical markings!

15. Teughcats says:

Je suis stupide. Mais je ne comprende pas. (Does it make me sound less like an idiot if I say I don’t get the joke but I say it in French?)

16. Aww, Riley looks like a patient chap.

17. The ratty is looking a hair nervous.

18. puddlepeppers says:

Love it, gizmo and tracylee!

19. StormCat42 says:

Hmmm I wasn’t getting the feeling of “patience” as much as I was getting the feeling of “Yes yes, take your picture…you’ll need it as it’s the last time anyone will see the little varmint…”

20. puddlepeppers says:

Amazing…I’m a teacher, and I still enjoy hearing
    kids sing. Bunny Boutique is also a joy.

21. KittyAdventures says:

almost as good as a whiskery sour puss Bwahahahahahaha!

22. KittyAdventures says:

Your Mouse Massues will be with you momentarily he will get crackering on your head soon.

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

:) :)

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

25. My first reaction was “how sweet!”

My second reaction was “why is that mouse called Licky?”

26. victoreia says:

Kitty looks like he just woke up and isn’t sure what’s on his head.

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Vous n’etes pas stupide!!!!
    Et j’ai fait la meme chose quand j’ai etudie n’importe quelle langue a l’ecole ou a l’universite!!! Toujours, la premier phrase
    [entire sentence] que je voulait comprendre a dire, c’etait “I do not understand” dans cette langue.

En Amerique, il y avat — OH HECK!!!! Even I can’t put the rest of this together without going to a translator website …. There was a very unimpressive television commercial for a hair-replacement/ toupee …. and this picture and description are making playful references to that product and that commercial!!!

Paix !!!!

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Those are two very much-loved (and very cooperative) bun-buns!!!!!

29. Kinda like it’s the morning after a wild party…. You know he’s regretting all those catnip shooters! ;-)

30. Is this safe? That baby rat could chew on the cat’s ears! Cat could develop rataphobia! :-O

31. Emmberrann says:

Would anyone be interested to know that the items used to augment the puffs and buns of eighteenth and nineteenth century ladies’ hair used to be called a “rat?” (don’t ask me how I know, it’s one of those crossword puzzle information things.)

32. OK, for some reason I am imagining the rat diving into one of the cat’s ears and burrowing through its brain, then coming out the other ear.

33. Merci beaucoup!

34. I did know that, and I seem to recall that in the 1960s women were also puffing up their hairdos with extra bits and also calling them rats.

35. ‘Tis true. And I myself, in my refusal to accept new lingo, call those bumpit hair dohickies ‘rats’ anyway. Because it’s essentially the same idea. (oh everything old is new again)

36. it’s always in one ear and out the other with you people, isn’t it?

37. thank you!! what is bunny boutique?

38. Didn’t they also use rat hair for eyebrow patches and for some reason beauty marks? I have no idea why that bubbled up from my mind.

39. thanks, it was the hardest song for trudi=D

40. thank you!!!=)

41. KittyAdventures says:

Gahhhh!!!! Remembers some twighlight zone episode or some 1970′s movie where they were in the rain forest down in South America and some worm thing got into some guys ear and ate through his brain and finally it came out the other side and they discovered it was a female and had laid eggs in there.

42. Ewwww! Now that’s an earworm. (ba dum BUM)

43. Beth covered in cat hair says:

The combs that have the teeth on half of them and and the other half was the handle was called a ‘rat tail’ comb. When you teased your hair with it, it was like creating a rat’s nest. That was part of the bubble hairdo. The art of teasing hair is dying…although just flat out making fun of it is still popular.

44. That was my first thought too! Look at those half closed kitty eyes…you know he’s thinking about it. LOL

45. *snerk*

46. Bwahahahahahahaaaa!

47. Not just in the 19th-c. According to maman, ladies were “ratting” their hair in the 1940s and 50s.

48. Oooh, I saw that in a Star Trek movie!

49. No.
    THIS is an earworm:

50. ooh, double-whammy! an earworm with no words AND no sylvester stallone!

51. If I recall, that’s how it happened to Doraemon.

52. What is it about that mouse that makes me think he knows he’s trolling on the edge?

53. Martha in Washington says:

The birds sing this in the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland!

54. Martha in Washington says:

Poor Chekov! It was in “The Wrath of Khan”. (One of millions of useless pieces of information that crowd my brain.)

55. Catherine says:

Hahaha. That is the vibe I was getting too. Either that or the rat just peed on his head…

56. Catherine says:

Hrm…at first I was wondering why there was a Moai on Hawaii. Then I saw the penguins and gave up. Oddly, I’m ok with the pigs playing musical instruments. :) But I did love the quip about they could be working luaus. Tehehe

57. Queen of Dork says:

A couple of things that jump out at me here:
    1) Rat has an extreme, red BEF and is smiling.
    2) Rat’s front right arm/paw are outstretched as though he’s scritching kitteh’s head like a shampoo lady in a beauty salon which feels so nice that kitteh is entering a semi-comatose sort of condition which will allow Brain the Rat to TAKE OVER THE WORLD. I think this rat has a plan.

58. Martha in Washington says:

Ummm…SIX hours later and I’m still in the Lounge?! Whatever I said musta been REALLY BAD!
    *signals waitress for another round*

59. Naah, he’s just collecting tips.

60. No words! Of course it has words!
    Everybody sing!
    Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la
    Ehu hene la a pili koo lua la
    Pututui lu a ite toe la
    Hanu lipo ita paalai

Auwe ta huala
    Auwe ta huala

61. Maybe sometimes Sparky just likes the attention, I mean, it must get lonely in the lounge when everyone gets too proper. We gotta throw in some confushuns, and distrakshuns, and speak in all caps WHEN WE TALK ABOUT CUPCAKES!

62. Oh my that had to have been the cutiest bunny video I have ever seen. Someone really loves those bunnies, their little room, their outfits, the Gondola Ride, and the best was their slide! They are really loved that’s for sure. That’s was an awesome video, it made me smile this morning, my two cats even watched it! They love to watch other animals on my computer or TV. They are spoiled too trust me, they’re my babies. Thanks for sharing that was too cool.

63. That cat looks so content with his little friend on his head, that is such a good picture. My cat, MewTwo had a Russian Dwarf Hamster for a while, I never was able to get such a good shot of them together though. Thanks for sharing.

64. I have a cat who looks very similar to the one in the picture. She’s a Maine Coon/Silver Tabby. My cat is cuter though. :P

65. Here’s a picture of my cat, by the way!

66. :twisted: That rat would not last long if he/she was on the top of our cat, Dooley’s head :twisted: One pounded to pieces rat coming up :twisted: