How Slow Can You Go?

Scene: Smooth Operators Call Center.

11:00 Perky Receptionist, manicuring nails, notices the boss never came in.

1:00 Instantly realizes, “No boss!”

2:00 Immediately buzzes Operator 1, “No boss, pass it on!”

3:00 Right away Operators 1 & 2 peek over their cubicals.

4:00  Without further ado, it’s, …. Office Liiiiiiiiiim-Bo Time! Everybody limbo!

These photos (Limbo) rock, Irene K.

Comments

1. Just another episode of The Sloffice

2. LOLZ – this must be the one you meant, Pyrit!! Yep, that’s pretty much an average day for me! ;)

3. :lol: Hilarious storyline, Pyrit!

4. You perky receptionist you!

5. I notice that the third photo also exemplifies the new Rule #48, Tiny Tongues!!!

6. Dunder Mifflin and company PLEASE hold!

7. 4:45 Staff finishes first pot of coffee.

5:30 Conclusion of Round 1 of Office Limbo; Round 2 begins. OVERTIME PAY! W00T!

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

*giggle*

11am…
    1 pm “INSTANTLY realizes….”

BWA HA HA!!!!

9. I guess when sloths limbo it’s how SLOOOW can you go?

10. And there’s this model of efficiency!

11. now THAT’S funny!

12. Gigi (the original one) says:

Am I going to get in trouble if I point out that this quick thinking perky receptionist is a blond… just kidding of course ;-)

13. cyberpunkrocker says:

Sloth is my favourite deadly (as in “d3d from t3h Qte”) sin

14. Look closely around the nose and eyes: I see roots. The blonde is obviously dyed.

15. GingerBean says:

The juxtaposition of the absolutely adorable face next to those “killer” claws…so…confused…Ok not really. Sloths are too cute! :)

16. bookmonstercats says:

Respect.

17. bookmonstercats says:

I am busy ringing every call centre I know of, asking for the sloth receptionists.

My first ASBO (Anti-Social Behaviour Order) is being prepared as I type. Also, men in white coats banging on the door. No sloths evident. Not going.

18. metsakins says:

Pretty much sounds like a day at my office. Pesky men in white coats!

19. NashvilleMish says:

A sloth! How cute. I was recently bitten on the hand by an adult sloth during my trip to Costa Rica. Next time I will remember not to hold out the hand that had just been holding a pineapple mojito as sloths seem to really like those. At least I can say that I am one of the very few people who has ever been bitten by a sloth!

20. gaaaaaaah !! wee slow loris tongue totally pegs the needle on my squeemeter.

21. d’oh. not a slow loris. my bad. i’d know my critters better were i not the posterboy for sloth.

22. 260Oakley says:

But imagine if you actually reached a sloth receptionist and she asked if she could put you on hold for a minute…

23. I freakin’ love sloths more than I can possibly imagine. Meg, send me one. You have my address.

24. I’m glad you’re okay!! Did Mr. Sloth bite you all slow-like???? I can just picture the sloth slowly opening his mouth and about 5 minutes later his teeth make contact with your hand LOL and all the while you’re going, “oh nooooo, he’s biting me!!!”

25. bob drummond says:

I love sloths.How slowwwww can you gooooooo!

26. Sloth totally looks like soon-to-be Queen Kate http://cutethingsinpaint.blogspot.com/2011/02/dont-disrespect.html

27. I was just about to point that out! Man, you gotta be fast around here…

28. hilarious!

29. Martha in Washington says:

I think receptionist sloth needs to spend a little more time on her manicure and less time partying!

30. Bottom photo…..6 legs?

31. Can’t you just hear the eyes go very slooooowly pleeeenk….pleeeenk….

32. Sloth call centres . . . it explains SO much!

33. Hooah!

34. Indeed. WIN :D

35. Just take it easy, we don’t want any Worker’s Comp claims. Kinda lets the sloth out of the box, ifyouknowwhatimean.

36. Naturally.

37. …and the Goonies are good enough for me

38. …as I must reach for my pencil, and Post-It pad…

39. Gigi (the original one) says:

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider and became Spider-Man.
    What do we call you now? The Wonder-Sloth?
    Do you have super sloth powers? Like eating wile hanging upside down? :-)

40. Yeah, to keep up with the SLOTHS. ;)

41. NashvilleMish says:

I have been feeling alot more sloth like lately. Getting up has certainly been challenging especially with all the cold weather, and I have been craving pineapple mojitos. The call to my doctor to ask about rabies when I got back was very entertaining :)

42. So, then, my question is, was it a RADIOACTIVE sloth?

43. Can you hear that? Can you?
    That’s the sound of my head exploding.

44. Jeff, if you look right behind the close-up sloth, you can see another sloth’s head , kinda blurred. That’s where the extra legs are coming from ;P

45. Gigi (the original one) says:

Wonder-Sloth
    Wonder-Sloth
    Friendly neighborhood Wonder-Sloth

Is he cute? Listen bud—
    He’s got radioactive blood.
    Can he hang from a tread?
    Take a look overhead.
    Hey there! There goes the Wonder-Sloth.

46. What?! No one else has mentioned that in the limbo picture the two legs at the bottom (closest to the camera) are from a 3 toed sloth, while all other pictures are of 2 toed sloths? I want to see the face of a 3 toed sloth. Nay, I demand it! :-)

47. Catsquatch says:

OMG!!!

The captions are KILLIN ME!!!

Whoever wrote those is a GEEEEENEEEEEIS!!!!!

ROFL!

48. This must be the same call centre that does tech support for my computer.

49. oh my so darn cute……just so happy, they make me wanna smile
    after my day this was just so nice….

50. Then they light the limbo pole on fire … nooooo!

51. But they’re all kinda coma toes?

52. Irie, mon!

53. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooo!

54. “I was attacked by a sloth!”
    “Did you get a good look at it?”

55. Spider-Sloth
    Spider-Sloth
    Does whatever
    A Spider Sloth does.
    Can he swing from a web?
    No he can’t, cause he’s a sloth.

56. But why would the head be blurred? Isn’t that what happens when something moves, er, fast?

57. Martha in Washington says:

Wow! Good catch!

58. “Sloth. Love. Chunk!”

59. :lol:

60. OMG — there’s a 3-toed sloth intermingling with the 2-toed sloths! What a progressive sloth office!

61. The 3-toed sloths must move faster than the 2-toed-ses. That extra toe prolly gives them a speed advantage.

62. This is Perfection. Heaven for the heart and eyes….
    *sigh…*

63. But… is it exploding in sloth-motion?

64. I’ve been crazy about sloths for years… got to pet one, once, and it was looking at me with those huge round eyes, like I was some crazy alien thing, daring to touch its sacred fur :D

Great photos, awesome story to go along with them.

65. bookmonstercats says:

I would have a job holding on sloth-like, given my build, but if I had perky receptionist’s blue and yellow blankie of utter fabulousness to cushion my fall, I’d give it a go.

66. I hesitated, because I enjoy the suspense of the scroll down, and thought…for one to not notice their boss was absent for that many hours escaped me, less it were an animal so busy frolicking that it did not notice the speed at which time went by.

I read it twice. And then I scrolled down. Ah, I get it!! See some of us are slow, too.

67. I believe this was shot in my office. I know that sloth personally.

68. BatBlaster says:

Nice call man

69. Such an adorable “hanger on-er”

70. And also comma toes

71. bookmonstercats says:

I work with somebody who is basically
    like that. Can be a problem in a law firm.

72. Holy crap! I am officially ded. Any attempt to resusitate me will be met with failure, for I am ded from the qte.

73. baby birdie says:

I love the third pic! Look at its tongue sticking out!

74. 9.45pm, the fire brigade arrives.

75. 260Oakley says:

Regardless of occupation, I think we all need a blankie of utter fabulousness.

76. and nobody has mentioned the moist nosicles? I love those nostrils!

77. I AGREE!!! TOTALLY!!! (One must use all caps when agreeing so completely.)

78. Ahh. Just as the Asian small-clawed otter . . . oh never mind.

79. Srsly.

80. snorglepup says:

Speaking of slow…
    Where is the nursing staff? The bodies, the brainage!
    Do I hear the faint echo of squeeky shoes?

81. Pyrit, this is a contender for The Qte Hall of Fame. Hilarious! Adorable! Well written!

82. Yes, the moist nosicles were the beginning of the end for me. I want to kees heem!

83. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

I’m a receptionist and I hereby claim the sloth as our mascot! Rise up and claim the ree-spect we deserve!
    *two weeks later*…We’re getting there…

84. Thanks. I was so hoping for extraterrestrality, but will have to continue to settle for cuteness.

85. StormCat42 says:

Yes, I’m late getting to this particular post, but you folks are making me laugh like a hyena in here!!! Thank goodness I’m in an office by myself!!!

86. StormCat42 says:

OMG! I just sprayed water on the desk… That was THE best comment today…. *sigh* Ok, I’m extra happy now, I can finally get back to work… *walks off mumbling happily about a 2 week turn-around for rising up*

87. puddlepeppers says:

Erk, erk-“how slooow can you go”?

88. Emmberrann says:

Bebeh slothies!! Love thems. What does sacred fur of slothies feel like? This is not a riddle, just curious.

89. what is it?

90. Hey don’t jump the gun. First of all, QE II doesn’t look like she’s going anywhere soon. Then, Will is not next in line, his dad is. And they’ve got seem to have some serious long-lived genes in that family.

91. Yes, it looks sort of like an old Pink Floyd vid.

92. :lol: :lol: :lol:

93. H-…How? *baroo-ish head tilt* How on Earth do you say “extraterrestrality”? The only way I can make it work is trying it in sloth-speak.

94. 4:50 am – Rachael is ded

6:30 am – Sloth nurse notices

7:15 am – Sloth nurse alerts sloth doctor

8:40 am – Doctor begins rubbing defib paddles together

9:20 am – “Cleeeeeeearrrrrr”

10:00 am – Doctor applies shock paddles

11:30 am – ————-

95. Thereeeeeeesaaaahhhhh?

96. NOW IT’S A PARTY :D

aw HAYLE yes

97. Ostrich.

98. ;-D

99. That’s a bit of ostrich.

100. Box of choc’lits? Rainforrest Gump?

101. BatBlaster says:

My mom said that she hopes they don’t bite their nails, to which I replied “But first they have to mooove their arm….”

102. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

“Mooshie, mooshie, ah no neh….”

103. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

“She turned me, into a Newt!!!!”

104. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

But not many genes for Elegant Earsies…..

105. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Nurse Steffie is Only Available for duty in the
    AQte Emergency Dept, during Late Night Shifts, due to the Tragic Circumstance
    of Other Employment during the Daylight Hours. Thank you.

106. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

I think “it’s” a Killer Rabbit.

107. I’ve been waiting to use this for eons:

Stephen looked sharply round, saw the decanter, smelt to the sloth, and cried, ‘Jack, you have debauched my sloth.’
    ~ Patrick O’Brien, “HMS Surprise”

108. Quick! Bring the machine that goes “ping!”!

109. It makes waiting on hold infinitely less painful if one imagines that the office on the other line is staffed only by sloths.

110. Gitchie gitchie ya ya da da,
    Gitchie gitchie ya ya here…

111. I am the very model of a modern tipsy tree mammal!

112. Love me, love my Maturin:
    “Some minutes later he felt a touch on his knee; the sloth had silently climbed down and it was standing there, its beady eyes looking up into his face, bright with expectation. More cake, more grog; growing confidence and esteem.”