You Can Come Down Now

I promise, that whole llama spitting thing is not true. It’s an evil rumour perpetuated by jealous dromedaries!

Keep your distance, Eric V.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

I believe this is where the term “spitting image” originates, but llama have to check on that and get back to you.

2. earlybird1 says:

Oakley!! HOW do you do it? And so early in the morning too. Once again, I doff my hat to you. *doff* :D

3. That a “yeah, they bought it” look if I ever saw one.

4. Thinking about buying a few ‘cuties’ when back in NZ.

5. Gigi (the original one) says:

Being a french speaking child I was raised on Tintin and every time I see a llama this is what I see in my head:

6. What’s French for “Billions of blistering blue barnacles!”?

7. I don’t suggest that sweetie-face spit while his head is at that adorable angle! PS Look how far out those eyelashes project, plink plink!

8. Llama let you finish, but guanacos are the best camelids of the year. :P

9. that made me spit out my coffee :)

10. kibblenibble says:

:lol:

11. Elisha B. says:

Lips, people, look at those lips!!!! They just look so soft and fuzzy and ya KNOW they tickle…….

12. This looks a lot more like a guanaco or vicuna. Doesn’t seem stout enough to be a llama.

13. I think there wasn’t a direct translation, but if it’s Captain Haddock most favored er.. expression, it may be: “Mille millions de mille milliards de mille sabords!”

14. Dibs on the earses! The rest of ya will just have to enjoy them vicunaiously.

15. warrior rabbit says:

Ha! Way to work in the Kanye meme.

16. warrior rabbit says:

Oooh! Nice.

17. I’ve been to a llama sanctuary before and they do spit, but only
    if there are other llamas about.

18. I know! It is so cute. Who could ever be afraid of a llama with those cute long eyelashes and big wide eyes.

19. Whoa!

20. Gigi (the original one) says:

That one would be Mille millions de mille sabords.
    His other favorite one was Tonnerre de Brest. His favorite insults were, moulin à gaufres et bachibouzouk which literally means “damaged head” in Turkish.

21. Llamas are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE.
    That’s all. Just had to say that.

22. FTW!

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*tap, tap*

Excuse me, Meg?
    Isn’t it a Requirement of the Cute Overload Rules of Administration, that
    any use of a llama must be accompanied by references to the credits from
    Monty Python/ Holy Grail film and references, to “sacking” said llamas????

24. Why does he look so smug?

25. But first, you must shout, “Look out, there are . . . Leeee AMMAS SS!!!!!”

Watch out for the beak!

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

Hey Theresa I answered you’re previous question but the modbot is blocking me. But Kineko’s got it right.

27. I like Captain Haddock, Bianca Castafiore, Snowy, and Thompson and Thomson. ;)

28. C’mon! Because it’s on CO!

29. They do spit, but they also give wonderful nuzleenks! I know one named Shama who, if you stand next to his head, will squeesh his velvety nosicle into your cheek/ear area and snarfle. If he really likes you, he might then try to steal a bit of hair.

30. You mean it’s all about . . . peer pressure???

31. ¡¡¡¡Cuidado, llamas!!!!

32. Theresa’s pun was pure win.

33. Goatherder says:

It is not a llama, it is an alpaca. Still spits. Still cute.

34. Queen of Dork says:

You are killing me with puns. Killing me softly with your puns. :)

35. Aww, it looks like it’s smiling.

36. Christopher says:

The llama’s a dirty liar! I’ve actually had one spit in my face at the zoo before. Probably my least favorite experience EVER. Took like ten minutes to get the chewed up leaves washed off. Never look a llama in the eye!

37. Don’t do me like that! Love the plastic bobblehead jesus on the dashboard of that car!

38. Oh no. They’ll spit at a human if they are alone, too, but usually only if you tick them off or threaten them. I had one bury his face in my hair and spit when I was trying to give him a vaccination. Had to throw away the shirt I was wearing – llama spit stains! (Good ol’ rumen juice!)

39. StormCat42 says:

But what about the moose? I mean, shouldn’t we add something about Moose too?!

40. StormCat42 says:

I can’t help it, but when I see a Llama, I think of Emperor’s New Groove… *in whiney voice* “Uggggly llama faaaace!!” LOL Love that movie!!

But this one’s adorable!! (Even if it IS possibly an Alpaca…) LOL

41. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*snerk* about the llama being a “dirty liar” :)

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

NOT *snerking* about the experience you had, Christopher; Sorry!!
    Yuck in compassion!

43. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa: MontyPython = Perplexing.
    But Oh, how Earnest, Enthusiastic and Mustachio-d!!!

44. baby birdie says:

What a sweet little face! :)

45. this sweetheart looks very sly. and soft. i want to shove my face into the fur-neck.