Ye Olde Puritan Punishemente

Hear ye, hear ye! Traitor amongst us! What villainous offence, what moment of madness thou hast wrought against thy goode and faithful master! ‘Thou art sooo lucky yon stocks and pillory be full already!

You give new meaning to perseCUTE, Cyndi E.!

Comments

1. This has got to be one of the funniest animal pics I’ve ever seen.

2. public shame as punishment. we should go back to that method.

3. Hahahahahaha…awww, poor puppers! I’ve seen some trash eaters in my day…

4. and just a generous sprinkling of extra “e”s here…
    there! we have a perfectly delicious Olde-Tyme recipe, that you can update to suit your everyday needs.
    (you can get them at Ye Olde Vowele Shoppe)

5. I used to wear a similar sign when I was 2. Oh, the SHAME!

6. (The Original) Mel says:

What is it Lassie? It’s a what? A fire? No? Is it a tasty bag of delicious trash? Does Little Timmie know about this?

7. looks like dunking(a bath) may be the next punishment:)
    I do love that the hooman is good natured enough to find humor in the situation.

8. Um…Did Pyrit graduate summa pun laude in school or something?

9. this made me laugh out loud and little tears streamed down my face. oh joy this photo brought me. awesome.

10. It’s the look of shame on the dog’s face that real sends this photo into the stratosphere. I actually feel really bad for him/her. I don’t think shame is going to work though; next trash bag that comes along….

11. 260Oakley says:

I believe Pyrit was a pundergraduate at Har-Har-vard.

12. Awww. Poor pup! Reminds me of my brief biting phase, which culminated in my mom making me wear a “she bites” sign a la David Copperfield. No reports on whether I ate trash, though.

13. A punishment? My dog wanted to wear it as a sash complete with a tiara and a trophy filled with garbage.

14. Desdemona says:

Yes, one does have to wonder how much this “punishment” is having its intended effect. I detect a slight smirk on this convicted felon’s expression.

15. YOU went through a biting stage? Well, my brother once bit the dog. I once bit the neighborhood kid. My mother bit us both and it never happened again. Luckily this was back in the Dark Ages otherwise the babysitter would’ve reported her.

16. Mary (the first) says:

Reminded me a bit of photo at my vet’s office.. two “office cats” sitting side by side on a shelf, each with a sign saying “I’m with Stupid” and arrow pointed at the other cat.. too funny. People hanging informative signs on their animals necks are my kinda people.

17. Gigi (the original one) says:

I love it! That dog’s hooman walks in the kitchen, finds trash all over the floor and goop in the dog’s fur and what is the first thing he/she does?
    Make a “I eat trash” sign and gets the camera. LOL!

18. LOL, I love this… puppers looks so guilties!

19. When one of our puppers gets into the trash, my husband gives them a talking-to in the “I’m not angry, just disappointed” vein. It’s hilarious. It usually starts with “You know better than that.”

20. canadianmary says:

awww poor pupster( but YES it is obvious that enjoyment has been had and NO regrets!!!!)
    LOL at the sign which has ample smudges from the feast..lol)

21. STUPID BABIES NEED THE MOST ATTENTION

22. A ha ha ha!! My husband and I laugh whenever it comes up, as totally indicative of our mothers’ different styles: his mom bit the biting kid, and mine opted for literary shame. Both worked pretty well.

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

??

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Did you forget to mention “this is gonna hurt YOU, more than it will hurt me….”???

25. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Kar: WIN !!!!

26. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

LOVE the Ye Olde Vowele Shoppe Ideae.

27. i know, me tew :(

28. A few years ago I made this sign:

29. Yay for the Simpsons reference!

30. Oh I’m so confused. I posted a comment but it is showing up all by itself on a different page. I’m not sure how that happened. Any way, I thought I’d repost where this it belongs.

Nikki says:
    January 31, 2011 at 3:40 pm
    Ha! I love the “evidence” still dripping on the perp’s beard.

But more than anything I just live the fact that the owner stopped to make a sign, grab a camera and pose the dog instead of cleaning it up. Soooo hilarious!

31. Gigi (the original one) says:

LOL! I sure he/she is very cute but with the eyes like that he/she looks like a dog from The village of the Damned.

32. Katherine says:

This pup is going to be in and out of the system for the rest of his life! WHEN WILL SOCIETY LEARN?!

33. NashvilleMish says:

I wonder if this would work on my champion trash can diver? So far “locking” the cabinet door with velcro and saturating the trash can with bitter apple has not worked. The woe is me look is starting to loose its effect.

34. So, we might want to rethink the whole (makes finger quotation marks) “throwing rotten food and garbage at the prisoners” village mob thing. ‘Cause (points at sign) this guy might not think of that as a (makes finger quotation marks) “bad thing.”

35. frogboots says:

this assumes that humans, in fact, possess a sense of shame. Jersey Shore offers compelling evidence that some humans, in fact, have no shame.

36. Rachel of Cyberia says:

My oldest brother was a biter. The babysitter told my Mom that David bit her and Mom said “bite him back next time.” She did, and he didn’t bite anymore– he moved on to licking, eww.

37. Oh god. If I threw a sign on my puppy everytime he did something potentially dangerous/dumb/gross/disgusting/filthy/silly, you wouldn’t be able to see the dog anymore.

38. baby birdie says:

Poor pup.

39. He looks very repentant to me. PLEASE forgive him!

40. Princess of Insolence says:

I may be wrong, but that lovely creature looks unrepentant to me. But perhaps I’m just used to my own pup’s lack of contrition!

41. I don’t think s/he should be punished for eating the trash. S/he was OBVIOUSLY just trying to explain to the hoomans that they need to separate the recycling. It’s a very eco-conscious pup, you see.

42. hahahaha

43. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA *gasp*

It is soooooooo funny!!!

44. PS: I saw Goody Proctor with the Devil!

45. Flavia A. says:

Indeed. I rofloled. The dog’s face is the best… it seems he understands it :D

46. 260Oakley says:

Somebody’s been reading “The Cutecible” again…

47. LOL

48. LOL!

49. I just love that pupster is wearing the eveedence!

50. OMG I am dying, dying over this pic.

I should have made a sign saying “I eat cat poop” and made my dog Dusty wear it after he came from the back room with cat litter all over his face. Bad dog!

51. me too. i truly needed to see this pic today – worst day ever, until now that is.

52. We burst out a laugh too! His ears are down in shame. LOL

53. 260Oakley, you are possessed! Possessed with the eee-vil spirit of wordplay!

54. hahahahahahaha sooo funny!!!

55. Actually . . . erm . . . Remember Taffy? 8O

56. Martha in Washington says:

My oldest son was a biter too till I bit him back one day. Didn’t really think about, just did it. He stopped biting other people after that and took to biting himself. Luckily he grew out of that. Weird kids are weird.

57. Martha in Washington says:

And the dog hears “blah blah blah Fido blah blah blah”.

58. Recycling dog FTW

59. Along with you I’m guessing! :D

60. Totally! Lol! I needz to meetz them.

Reveal yourself hoomans!

61. Ohmigosh, this is funny. Do you mind me joining in?

Yes, PLEASE forgive him!

62. Now I do. Ugh.

Poop eaters are a whole ‘nother baaaaad.

63. justahannah says:

Child safety locks are the only thing I’ve found to work for our “dumpster divers” (we have ferrets) and even so they’ve learned to listen for me to slip up and not snap it completely shut.

64. Hahaha…my Jakey needs a sign like this….I threaten to haul him off to his nana’s house…..

65. “You know better than that.”… ROFL

66. Best. Photo. Evah.

I have to admit though, that trash does look pretty good… :D

67. Nothing poor about this pup.
    It’s BAAAD DAAWWWGGG!!!!

68. Shelties love to dress up. However, this one is wondering why the required cookie reward hasn’t been given.

69. i tried to reason with my beagle. this was after she was eating a piece of cardboard and when i tried to get it away from her she growled and yodelled. smacked her behind and she still growled and chirped. got the spray bottle and she took off, sprayed her and she dropped it. tried to get it back, sprayed her again. then she peed in the floor out of fear of the spray bottle. sprayed her again because she peed. then she hid under the table while i talked her down and she crawled to me and i hugged her and continued to carry on my one sided conversation.

70. that’s what i immediately thought of. then i thought of my sister in law’s dog that will pick up a turd and run with it hanging out of her mouth like she’s smoking a turd cigar.

glad my furbabies don’t eat poo. just paper, fuzz, cardboard, tags from their toys, and one of them loves cookies. she will reach up on the table into my bag and pull a whole package of cookies out and absolutely destroy them. worst was when she ate chocolate flavored chocolate chunk cookies. my other one drank a glass of sweet tea and shook uncontrollably for an hour. i have to dog/child-proof the house. they can even get into the corner cabinet that spins. they know there are snacks in there.

71. Has nobody noticed that the trash isn’t separated? Recycleables and compost all mixed up with the rest of the trash! This dog is just trying to tell it’s owners to go green! He says “hey, I found food being wasted and wanted to save you money on dogfood!”

72. bob drummond says:

GARBAGE PICKER!!!!!!!!

73. wannadance says:

pt. had gut surgery. before he could eat anything his boy had to start functioning again, indicate no danger to gut.
    next morning doctor and house staff cam in to see him sitting up with this sign around his neck:

WILL FART FOR FOOD

74. Biting was one of the few crimes in my house that merited automatic and certain corporal punishment.

The thing with biting is…it’s just so satisfying!

75. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

I’m laughing hysterically from some of the stories of “bad dogs”. I’d forgotten about Taffy but both dogs deserve awards for making my day.

76. I saw this pick yesterday&started laughing so hard..its adorable..also is that gravy on his fur..hehahahahahahaha..

77. So perfect!

78. In “Cujo,” Stephen King discusses the concept that dogs have a sense of shame that is out of proportion to their ability to think. I’m paraphrasing, but no animal ever looked embarrassed like a dog looks embarrassed.

79. At that point, that’s about all you can do. Except apply more hugs as needed.

80. How humiliATing!!

81. You should have seen our Boxer’s face the day we came home and found that she’d shredded the contents of the disposable-diaper bucket and strewn them all over the house. You should have seen our Pomeranian’s face as we were hollering at said Boxer and walloping her with a rolled up newspaper (fearsome noise, no damage to dog): “Whoa–Mom! I had nothing to do with that mess–I was upstairs hiding under the bed when Puppet did that!”

82. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

83. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

*high-fives frogboots in victory*

84. Catsquatch says:

ROFL!!!!

omg…..

85. He’s all, like, “what? I did something wrong? Aren’t I good any more? Whaaaa?”

AWWWWW!!!

But very funny too

86. PS I think dogs do that sort of thing when they feel a bit left out… our pups used to be fine unless the family went out til late without telling them very carefully beforehand. If we took our time to say repeatedly “we’re going out for a few hours and then coming back. You stay here and chase off the naughty robbers.” then they were fine. If we didn’t…. a selection of my dad’s (best, of course) shoes and slippers would be found chewed and then slung very pointedly in the empty car parking space.

87. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

oooooooooh boy could I riff on THIS topic. Here’s the Reader’s Digest [condensed] version and just for irony and truth’s sake, this story includes a dachshund in this week of CO Dachshund Rulership!!!!

*Residential Northern Virginia, 1975-ish. Our next-door neighbor family had three daughters, each of whom was a virtuoso in a different symphony instrument and Mama taught Young Kid Violin to any takers (NOT an enjoyable thing to listen to all afternoon every afternoon, next door :( ). Their household also included a morsel of doggieness, sutably enough, named “Darling”
    [yes, I cringe every time I say that last sentence. Mostly, b/c "D" was, in fact, NOT a Darling and was coddled even when his/ her behavior
    was -- pardon-- crappy]

Once upon a time, the Gigante Family had brand-new (& presumably selected a somewhat pricey variety) linoleum put down in their kitchen; then the entire family left to attend some event, for more than a few hours. When they returned, “Darling” had destroyed the ENTIRE new kitchen flooring.

After this set of events, I was fortunate in being the recipient of, as they say in the song, “cash monnaie”, every time the entire Gigante Clan left the house for any extended time. This was my apprenticeship in DogSitting.

The End.

88. CatViccer says:

smoking a turd cigar…. I am dyin’ laughing

89. baby birdie says:

I love the extra e’s…but also this: “Thou art sooo lucky yon stocks and pillory be full already!” LOL!

90. This. So very this.

91. A WHOLE linoleum floor is pretty impressive :-D

92. I very much wish I could like this post.

93. Is there no recycling in your town?