Paws up!

National Geographic is at it again.

COMPETING WITH US!

Don’t click on their site. Please.

I blame Marilyn T. as usual. Photos by Cyril Ruoso. Submitted by the fabulous F1v3r.

Comments

1. It’s so cute!!!! What kind of monkey is that? It looks like the kind of monkey a Japanese cute lab would come up with.

2. Its a snub-nosed monkey.
    I cant handle how cute that is.

3. I would like to sit on that branch next to her. In the same position. Very close. But I think my weight might bend the branch down so the wee minkey would be sideways . . . giving me the dirty side-eye.

4. Awww, the top monkeh looks so solemn! I wanna tickle his oh-so-fluffy tummy and make him turn his frown upside down.

5. bob drummond says:

Little blue faced monkeys, I cannot believe it. They are so cute.I feel like reaching
    out to try and touch one of them………OUCH! the son of a —— just bit me .
    Can’t even trust trust a cute little primate even on a flat screen T.V.!

6. Princess of Insolence says:

I believe I have just been injured by the sheer explosive cuteness. Ouch!

7. I can’t get past the creepy Michael Jackson noses! Ahhhh!

8. Way too cute. They’re amazing looking.

9. Wow, paws up totally neutralizes and ‘cutifies’ skull face! Amazing!

10. Queen of Dork says:

Oh no you did not go there! :) No disrespect for the dead in anyway but I too, always thought MJ’s nose ended up looking kind of strange. And looking back at the pictures above…well…

11. since when did National Geographic start publishing pictures of Star Wars muppets?

And no wonder Japan is ahead of the cuteness curve, Asia (these guys are Chinese) has more than it’s fair share of cute critters…

12. Ok, I generally don’t find monkeys all that cute…but HOLY CARPS these dudes are so adorable they don’t even look real!
    Definitely created in a cute-lab to control minds and esplode heads!

13. Goddammit, who granted these primates permission to do the Moosh Bumble!?? :evil:

14. Only Rikki may perform the Moosh Bumble, and with MY assistance. ESPECIALLY SITTING UPRIGHT. :P

15. claudia c says:

Wow! qute monks!

But I must hijack this post!
    Rejoice with me, Oh brothers and sisters of teh qute! I was priviledged to babysit a 3-month-old english bulldog! I booped, croonshed, skritched and belly-rubbed for the entire 3 hours! When the so-called owner returned he had to pry “Donkey” out of my arms. I had an ear to ear smile for the rest of the day. Sigh, so happy.

16. Blue eyeshadow is so 1982.

17. They are totally Dr. Seuss!!

18. Queen of Dork says:

I was going to post Olivia Newton John’s Physical here. It’s ’81 not ’82 but close enough and I think her eyeshadow is blue in the video. But after I watched it I thought…hmmmmm maybe not appropriate! :)

19. Martha in Washington says:

What planet are these alien monkeys from?

20. “Battle face forward, a male snarls and barks at his territorial rival as a female—perhaps a mate—looks on. Blood is rarely shed; the fiercest display wins. Females often join in.”

hehe…

21. China is freakin’ cold in January.

Also, He-Man? You’re on your own. Skeletor is cold.Paw’s up. Paw’s up I say! It’s freezin.’

22. Same here! But they’re just so… poofy!

23. I want to cuddle him and pet him and call him Mowgli. But that would be a bad thing to do with a wild animal.

HP–what part of China? It’s a big country. I’d say southern coastal China isn’t really very cold at all, even in January. Southern Japan certainly isn’t that bad, though (looks out window) northern Japan really is quite chilly at the moment.

24. How the hell is that monkey balancing on that branch and not fall off?

Gravity-Defying Monkey Stunt!

25. I love that his back feet are tucked in too!

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

These guys can take over my planet anytime they want, I’m certain even Charlton Heston wouldn’t put up much of a fight!

27. 260Oakley says:

National Squee-ographic

28. Time well spent, my Peep, time very well spent!

29. Lucy's Mommeh says:

MymaJane, I know..the noses make me think of a mummy or something. The baby is cute from a distance, but close up…ech….

30. bookmonstercats says:

“Donkey”????!!!!!????? What an adorabuhls name. For a bulldog.

I had a tabby cat called “Bear”. When my children were small and were learning how to name animals, it was a tricky one (he looked like a brown bear when he was up on his hind legs). Is why.

31. bookmonstercats says:

Yup, fer shure.

32. Please tell your friends I am available for Donkey-sitting. Pleeeeeeease!!!!

33. TrixandSam says:

At the risk of looking stoopid, I have to ask: what is “the Moosh Bumble”?

34. Hmmm:
    Take one bebeh Old World Minkey, avec tailio.
    Snub nose, or at least, ignore it at the after-party.
    Add: five parts meerkat + two parts Scottish Fold + two parts Pom + one part Ewok.
    Floof well.
    Send to ‘What Not to Wear’ for Blade-Runner eye make-up + one faux-hawk = SQUEE!

35. Ditto on the MJ nose thought.
    I’m prepared for the onslaught of pudding. Please make mine butterscotch.
    Spank you very moich.

36. Pics?

37. How are oiled-up male muscle models not appropriate? :mrgreen:

38. I was thinking, you know, not so much “snub-nosed” monkehs as “non-nosed” monkehs. :roll:

39. Queen of Dork says:

Is her eyeshadow blue? I can’t tell for sure. :)

40. So glad I’m not the only one who thought that!

41. baileysgrandmom says:

That’s OK. We once had a chihuahua named “Kitty.” I always said it was short for “Conchita,” but nobody really believed me. They just thought I had a truly weird sense of humor…imagine that!

42. Queen of Dork says:

I have popcorn popping in the kitchen. Oops! I’d better go check on it!

43. I thought the same thing! It looks like Max from the Grinch when he hops on the back of the sled!

44. Putcher paws down, ya dern . . . um . . . . cutie. :oops:

45. David Spor says:

MJ came to my mind, too! They also look what would happen if a cute monkey were resurrected from the dead as a zombie.

46. they have Michael Jackson’s nose…

47. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ TrixandSam: I, for one, appreciate your taking that risk, ‘cuz
    it’s usually me, who pokes my hand up and says “But I don’t underSTAAAAAND….” :)

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

yay for Claudia C! Yay for bulldogs named “Donkey”!!!

49. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Anybody else, notice how Tha Meg double-dog dared us ??? :)

“Don’t click this link. Please.”

50. warrior rabbit says:

That adorable minkey on the branch looks like those little stuffed critters you attach to pencils, or backpacks, or… um, you know, those things.

51. Survival of the most snorgable. It’s nature’s law.

52. You scoop up Teh Moosh (Rikki) and you bumble heem up into a paw basket (upside down).

Most cats hate this.

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa: your motives are showingk …….

54. WendyPinNJ says:

Cats hate it, but I LOVE it. Who knew it had a name!

55. WendyPinNJ says:

No, no, no, no! Why oh why would you bring MJ into a conversation about these unbearably cute little critters? Just, why?

They are, as far as I’m concerned, a delicious combination of everything I LOVE about Persian kitties and precious little monkeys all rolled up in to one fluffy ball and unbearable primate cuteness!!!

That is a Persian kitty nose. Do you hear me? Persian kitty, NOT MJ?

56. WendyPinNJ says:

That would be “one fluffy ball OF unbearable primate cuteness!”

57. My dad brought home an anole when I was about 2 years old, and being given naming rights, I decided to call him “Lobster”. I have no idea why I chose that name, lol. I suppose it was the wisdom of a 2 year old mind. ^_^

58. Well, didja? Didja, punk? :mrgreen:

59. PS Are we all ready for some football? :mrgreen:

60. :P bleh.

61. Mary (the first) says:

Have friends who long ago let their 2 year old name the cat. At the time he called everyone “Turkeylips” so that was the cat’s name. Poor Turkey. (Moral: don’t let small children name the pet! YOU will be the one out on the porch yelling “Turkey!” or “Donkey!” or whatever, when it’s feeding time!)

62. Mary (the first) says:

I remember, must have been 30 yrs. ago when the Portland Zoo was allowed a couple of these “Golden Monkeys” on loan/display. It was a very big deal at the time, China trusting us with a rare animal. Anyway, one morning after they’d been here awhile, a volunteer out to help feed them saw TWO monkey tails one one monkey. Turns out the female was clutching a newborn to her chest. No one had any idea she was p.g. A wonderful excited fuss ensued, needless to say. Lovely. (I was volunteering at the time too but sadly, not the person who saw the baby first. )

63. Mary (the first) says:

(p.s. if anyone’s wondering, as I recall the male and female had been together for a long time with, disappointingly, no pregnancies, so everyone thought they weren’t able to have kids.. so they were kept/displayed together, no big deal. Huge surprise when she did finally have a baby!)

64. Mary (the first) says:

I second Theo. Bleh squared.

65. Ah yes, those things. :)

66. O-M-G ! Those little squeakers are so cute it hurts !!!

67. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

oooooh, a WOISE GAL, eh????
    ok, Theresa.
    I gotcher dare, right heah !!!

Wall, shore, I did :)
    And, after bouncing around a bit, I found
    (ominous Jaws” or “Twilight Zone” myuzik please)

*THIS!!!!*

68. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

No Esta Una Senorita de Footballa.

But have fun.

69. Not to mention meh.

70. Right. Not all the teams are in the playoffs. :mrgreen:

71. The noses are the only thing that bother me about these guys- they’re just… decomposed.

72. I have a long-tailed marmalade named Bear, too! He’s Bear because he growls and howls when it’s time to eat.

73. Carp. Long-*haired* marmalade.

Lunchtime mimosas are making themselves apparent.

74. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

oops — I shoulda woulda and coulda

typed “estOY”.

Signed,
    Blushing ever so shyly and coyly.

75. Yea, I’m not a fan of the noses. The monkeys are cute from a distance, but close-ups, no, thank you.

76. kibblenibble says:

My best friend had a very wonderful dog named Bunny. :-)

77. claudia c says:

Maybe next time. I couldn’t let go long enough to handle the camera. I was really starved for a “goggy fix.” I’ll try to get pics next time. I believe the name “Donkey” has something to do with the Shrek character.
    Thanks peeps!

78. am I the only one seeing michael jackson’s resemblance here???

I dont you guys, but after this picture im sure HE is back!

79. victoreia says:

Eh?

80. Peanut's mama says:

OMG I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!!!!

81. You warned me about clicking on the site, but I clicked and died of a-cute overload.

82. The little behbeh is not even two yet in the peekture. And he’s so cute just sitting there all alone with his hands in front like that.

83. Oh, the way it’s holding it’s leetle pawsicles is the epitome of cute!
    And the one in the second picture is smiling!

84. So freakin’ CUTE!
    LOVE!

85. Hmm, now that the day’s events have transpired, I find I must join with you, in saying Bleh. :P

86. Another episode from “I Didn’t Know I was Pregnant.”

87. OOh their furriness is so cool!!! Especially the mature males with their back manes! Oh, and they have such long back legs.

88. Gigi (the original one) says:

Take your stinking cute paws off me, you darn fluffy ape!

89. “Non-nosed!” Sure, there is some negative snozzulence going on there. Aren’t these the monkeys that sneeze in the rain because the water goes in their noses? And yeah, they kind of creep me out, too. Everything’s cute, and then there’s that…skull nose.

90. My older brother has a Chihuahua named “Miss Kitty.” :)

91. Or Joan Rivers, the way she’s heading…

92. long-tailed… hahahahahaah… ;)

93. Just plain creepy – ugly ugly nose… I’ll have nightmares.

94. Oh my goodness. Despite the creepy nose and the strange skin tone, so CUTE. I want one. I love how the middle one in the second photo looks like he’s smiling at the camera.

What are these??

95. It is cute, but get a copy of the issue and turn the page before you decide to climb up next to it….

96. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

How cute can monkeys be? They can totally lay off the bad plastic surgery or they’ll have to tape their noses on. Still, so very cute!

97. LOL, I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one! I have to cover their noses with my pinky finger and then I’m okay :-)

98. Hey, tree monkey: why so serious?

99. wally'smom says:

Thank god for the MJ/skull noses! There has to be something to tone down the sheer cuteness. If they had cute noses to match everything else I would go into some kind of cuteness induced coma.

100. victoreia says:

Nice one!

101. “cute with caveat” tag?

102. cattymama says:

WANT!!!

103. cattymama says:

MJ was my first thought too. Sorry : (

104. Erinne Henry says:

OMG! The one on the right has the (plastic surgery assisted) Jackson family nose, but it’s the little hand/leg fold-in combo that kills it. Adorable & very matchy-matchy with their fur!

105. What a cute little alienish monkey! Must own!

106. The baby is so talented, having attained Master Level status in “Chinese double-paw-tucking” at such a young age. You go little snub-nosed prodigy.

107. Obviously these are NOT monkeys. They must be some advanced kind of Japanese furby/teddy bear designed to reduce us all to uselss lumps of overcute-ified quivering goo.

108. adagio4jt says:

U r correct. They are not monkeys. THEY’RE PUFFALUMPS!!

109. The baby is really cute but the adult looks like a gray alien with fur.

110. adagio4jt says:

PUFFALUMPS I TELL U!!!

111. They’re cute until they open their mouths. Eeek! They look dangerous!