Fatterday

In the tradition of super hefty kitten Caturday action, here we go again. This time, it’s large kittayn attempting to bathe!

OOF! Sent in by Bobbeh. Photos by Go Go Mokochan!

Comments

1. Looks like a polydactyl so I will not excuse any difficulties in cleaning!
    p.s. love me some stubby tail action

2. Enh!! Enh enh!!

3. *peek out of the window to check for people carrying soap boxes – and heaves a sigh of relief that none are visible*
    I loves me a fat cat!

4. Haha, love that sneaky pigeon in the back

5. MamaMclain says:

Interesting Tidbit: ACNESTIS…. The point on a mammal’s back where it cannot reach to scratch or clean is called the acnestis.

Poor Kitteh has some serious Acnestis.

6. Kitteh says: “Bring me Solo and the Wookie!”

7. “Bring me Solo and a COOKIE!”

8. It definitely IS Fatterday! The Whatcom Humane Society in Bellingham, WA is having a special on chubby kittehs thru 1/26:

9. Let me channel my mother for a moment: “Well, if you’re going to roll around in the street. ..!!!????” 8O

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Is this fellow also enjoying his own personal sunbeam? :)

11. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Another option: “Heftee heftee HEFTEE!!!!” :)

12. Why am I reminded of myself taking sit-ups?

13. What a roly poly baby !

14. LOVE IT!

15. What a chunk-o-love!
    The tail! Or, abcensce of, is adorable!

16. I can’t spell. Absence.

17. In third pic there is a pigeon in the back thinking “OK, kitteh is leecking his blorp…if I scurry very fast now I think can get past him and take a look at that tasty piece of gum on the sidewalk. Mmmm gummmm. I LOVE me some used gum! So soft and creamy. And sometimes really there is just a hint, or a soupcon if you will, of minty taste leftover. And then the day is mine. MINE I TELL YOU! …um, where was I again? Oh crap, I need to move NOW becasue someone just pulled up with a newly washed car and I need to get ..or go..HAHA! …on that right now!”

Or something like that.

18. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

yay for use of “soupcon”!!!!

19. 260Oakley says:

Nothing worse than back wash

20. Epic Ehn!

Bet the cat grunts his situp count like the ‘roidhead dudes at my gym: ‘Ehn . . . ONE’ . . . then sees the pigeon/chick, and ‘TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-NINE!’

21. Thanks! I loves me new big words.
    I was trying to get ‘acme’ out of it, but it’s from the Greek ‘knestis,’ meaning spine or CHEESE GRATER!

Nifty!

22. kibblenibble says:

This large-boned kitteh is doing a great job…Go kitteh go! :-)

23. Maggie (seen here http://cuteoverload.com/2010/07/07/the-fur-comes-with-an-elastic-waistband/ at her fattest, also here http://cuteoverload.com/2009/08/25/hanging-on-by-a-shred/ and here http://cuteoverload.com/2009/06/25/but-i-dont-wanna-go-to-work/, and Dec. 11th of the 2011 cute-a-day calendar) saw the vet for her annual checkup. We observed that she’s pretty fat.

“Can she still lick her own bum?”

“Yes, every day”

“Then she’s not too fat.”

24. Pigeonbomb!

25. My Dante is a big ol’ fata$$. With a ridiculously smug, cheesy expression. I always want to squeeze him. :D

26. earlybird1 says:

“kitteh is leecking his blorp”… ROFL!!! XD

27. (The Original) Mel says:

Blorplestiltskin is all like, “I got this. I got this. Lurrrrp. I got this.”

28. OMG, I almost spit out my tea when I saw this, LOL! Well, poor thing, really. Blorp action.

29. Queen of Dork says:

Kitty! Watch out for the pigeon! Watch out for the pigeon! All of your blorpy grooming will be for naught if that pigeon takes flight and decides (which he more than likely will just ’cause you’re a cat) to make a stinky on you! Run! (if you can roll onto all fours) Run!

30. moonlight5446 says:

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it. Law of Biomechanics….

31. soupçon

Signed,
    Diacritics R US

32. I like how you are warning this cat about this pigeon instead of vice versa.

I once had a pigeon “go” on me. It was a very hot day, and I had just had a job interview. All of a sudden, my head and neck were much . . . hotter. I cannot express to you the EWWWW-ness of that moment. Thank God it was after the interview and not before. :oops:

33. Gigi (the original one) says:

He is not fat.
    He is longitudinally challenged ! ;-)

34. Queen of Dork says:

Woe is me. Admitting the fact that I have no idea what the word, “soupcon” means. But I like the fancy curly thing Theresa managed at the bottom of the “c” Like a tiny, tiny, tiny little tail. It reminds me of how Ramona the Pest put the little squiggly thing at the bottom of the letter of her last name to make a Q which she used to draw a cat. :) Or at least that’s the way it went in the books. Not so much in the movie.

35. Queen of Dork says:

Yuck. Gross.

36. I know some people might not agree with me but FAT kitties are the BEST kitties :) Well, maybe not….. I’m biased because my Brontë is a chubster. This is how she washes her back (or doesn’t) all the time.
    Another cool word that I just heard on my cat lover’s calender- Ailurophilia- def;-the love of cats!

37. (The Original) Mel says:

Once I was helping some downtown detectives on an organized crime bust. I noticed they were laughing at me. A pigeon had pooped on the back of my uniform. It went from my shoulder to my ankle. Pigeons are EBIL.

38. wha?? no Blorp tag??
    puzzling.

39. Right there with ya. :(

40. Bring me Rolo and a cookie?

41. “soupçon”: Schmancy for smidgen.

42. That is indeed a hunka hunka burning luv..

43. Yeah, just a leeetle CO vocabulary abuse there… ;)

44. Queen of Dork says:

Oh gosh, Theo. I’ll bet you had to do lots of sit-ups in basic and probably still more. (gulp) But love to you and thank you!

45. (you’d think that I of all people would know how to avoid the moderation filter… but NOOOOO :P )

46. BLORPLESTILTSKIN F! T!! W!!! :lol:

47. Did anyone else see kitteh’s face and think of one of those lucky cat figurines?

Also, I second the need for a Blorp tag!

48. …and the remote.

49. Queen of Dork says:

Theo: What?! It doesn’t even mean some sort of delicious soup?! It just means, “a small amount?” What a let down.. I feel like that little kid in A Christmas Story who realizes his Orphan Annie password is just an advertisement. *stomps off to have a soupcon of pouting*

50. Queen of Dork says:

And eat some soup. (slurp)

51. I got the CO wall calendar! Thanks for enjoyment of funny pics, CO!

~Miss Fluffy

52. Kitteh got back!

53. “Drink Ovaltine” :mrgreen:

54. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Man, this is too much work. OOOOOOF.

55. Oh, for heaven’s sake! That should last about, oh, ten minutes! Here’s hoping all kitties, fat and lean, find loving forever homes.

56. Definitely NOT “Wimpee wimpee WIMPEE!”

57. Aww, I remember that, and I was soooo disappointed that my own last name didn’t end in Q.

58. When I worked in the bookstore many years ago I was helping a woman look for a book, and I was bent down in front of her. My hair was pinned up. She suddenly SNEEZED and something…hit the back of my neck. She didn’t say “excuse me” or anything. I turned around and looked at her in disbelief, and as soon as humanly possible, ran to the bathroom and scrubbed the back of my neck.

59. That last picture is priceless!

60. Mary (the first) says:

Payback’s .. you know what! :D

61. …and front, and sides, and perimeter…

62. muttluver says:

Oh. Wow. That is so much worse than pigeon poo. Of course, you could always submit it to http://www.notalwaysright.com……. sounds like a story you’d find there.

63. Aww, love fat cats mucho!!

64. I LOVE Ramona! The real Ramona, not that Disney chick. The one with the hair that stuck out.

65. somehow i see all the three pictures as a slow-mo action movie with the kitten going “ooooaaaahhhhghhhhh….”

66. On second thought, dip the remote in tuna first.

67. “Oh man…did I just eat a whole raccoon?”

68. …diameter, circumference, pi… pie… whatevs.

69. Feed me if you dare.

70. Looks just like my girl kitty except she has a tail.

71. That kitty’s not fat, it’s a japanese bobtail! They are naturally large cats. ;D

72. I’ve always hated sit-ups….

73. :lol: :lol:

74. Tubby kitty! 8-O

75. Awww! That cat is not fat! It´s just been caught on camera at an unfortunate angle! You know, like those bad pics paparazzi snap of celebrities?

Awww. Poor Kitty.

76. bob drummond says:

This is one fat cat,he’s down on the ground and he cannot even get back up
    again(not without a little help from the photographer, of course!)

77. Pigeons always look more alluring in soft focus.

78. bookmonstercats says:

I am always being caught on photographs from bad angles *shifty eyes*

79. Whattaya mean fat? Looks normal to me ;)

80. I laughed at the phrase “super hefty kittayn Caterday action” before I even saw the pictures!

81. …..And roll it in crunchy treats

82. haha!

83. Andi from NC says:

He needs a tiny rag on little stick…..

84. help ! i’ve fallen and can’t get up ( to the dinner table ) !!

85. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

86. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

More to love!!!!

87. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

LOVE this sequence of logique!!!

88. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Isn’t that true for us all?

Vaseline on the camera lens ….
    “I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille…..”

89. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Also: “Weebles wobble, but they don’t FALL DOWN!!!”

From the Nostalgic Department of Marketing History

90. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Mel:
    was there
    a Locker Room for the Detectives????

There’s a buddy of mine with whom I often joke, if he does something remarkably considerate and kind (which he often does), I’ll compliment and thank him ….and then say “Don’t worry, I WON’T tell ‘the guys in the locker room’ how nice you were!!!” :)

91. Lol ^_^

92. It’s actually a yoga pose:
    Wallowing Cat.

(what a big chunky tonnage of cuteness)

93. (The Original) Mel says:

Get to da choppa!!!

94. they are the best. especially for warming feets and laps.

95. DANGIT YOU TOTALLY BEAT ME to what I wanted to say.

I WASH MYSELF WITH A RAG ONNA STICK

96. Has anybody else seen (speaking of hefty cats) Maru onna commercial??? “Cats like boxes…” Maru slide head-first into small box….

he’s famous!

97. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Then you must be a Hollywood celebrity!!!! :)

98. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

YIKES and EEEEEEK

AND di-unt even apologize?????
    wow.
    You have my sincere condolences and sympathies.

99. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

A++

100. 100th!
    (I know, I know…I hate when people do that.)

Such great captures though. I had to comment something and the best ones have already been made!

101. I think it’s more like enh! ENH! …. phooey.

102. HAHAHA!! I quote this weekly!! (Ok, not weekly, just whenever its deemed appropriate for whatever situation) Love eet!

103. Queen of Dork says:

I had totally forgotten about that!

104. HRHQueenCat says:

*blush* my fat white boy does this – lies flat on his back & sunbakes out on the back patio, which he’s not supposed to do – he could get skin cancer :( … even indoors, it’s his fave sleeping possie … guess all the belly needs cooling somehow;

105. Queen of Dork says:

Oh my gosh you guys! I SO love my new cat Albert! I so love him! I wish that I could somehow make such a nice home for every cat and dog without a place to go. I know that’s such an unreasonable thing to wish for but I wish I could!

end of gushiness.

106. O NO He/She/ IT DI-unt!!! says:

nope that’s NOT the end of gushiness, ‘cuz I’ma say “YAY Q and YAY Albert!!!”

THAT’s the end of gushiness. (heart)

107. O NO He/She/ IT DI-unt!!! says:

YAY Maru.

I think a few of us saw this commercial awhile back. If I remember correctly, it might be Fresh Step. You were prob. immersed in studying hard for some final exams at the time–?and getting straight “A’s” I bet :)

108. O NO He/She/ IT DI-unt!!! says:

@ Q; eet eez, ‘ow you say, an OUTRAGEOUS FRAUNSCHE wird….and thees eez pourquoi, ‘ow you say, ce n’ai pas du logique ….. :)

109. Lol, I love The Simpsons. Well, the earlier ones at least. Mid-90′s through about 2003 or so. My husband, his brother, and I will sit and quote The Simpsons and crack each other up, lol. I haven’t really been able to get into the more recent ones, though. =/

110. “I wash myself with a rag on a stick.”

/Bart Simpson voice

111. Sounds like your Dante is one very badly spoiled kitty, Theresa :D, but whose kitty is not very badly spoiled :D

112. They also are the best for cuddling :D which I would do to this kitty if I could get my hands on him/her :D

113. Scurry is one of my favorite words.

114. I’m sorry it makes me think of fat Puss m’ Boots from the last Shrek movie. lol! poor kitty!

115. My husband and I have a “classically egg shaped” kitty that is the spitting image of chubby Puss n’ Boots. She even has the pittiful big eyed thing going on.

116. Enh! Phooey…Zzzzzzzzz…

117. Dang, this could be my own tubbular kibbeh – very similar markings and, shall we say, girth. He braces himself against me to get at that troublesome spot.

118. Are you sure you didn’t mean “absenthe”?

119. Ah ha!! Sumo kitty!

120. We have one who looks JUST like her, but with only 3 legs…You should see HER trying to wash. Anurable!