No Matter How Hard He Tried…

…the birds never let Furbert give them a hug.

Listen … is that the tittering of birdie laughter, Ratko V.?

1. Group hug! Group hug!

2. Invisible trampoline!

3. Kickstarting invisible Triumph Thunder*bird*!

4. Kickstarting Invisible Triumph Thunder*bird*!
    Vroom, vroom!

5. lol! Invisible hovercatcraft!

6. Get over here, Furbert–I’ll give you a hug that will make you forget all about those stupid birdies.

Cute kitty and great action shot!

7. Gigi (the original one) says:

LOL! Reminds me of my cat Fatso who had NO hunting instinct what so ever and always looked surprised that the birds were afraid and fly off when he came out on the balcony.

8. My dog gets that look when cats run from him, too!

9. One of our cats very nearly caught a squirrel once after thousands of unsuccessful tries. The cat was so surprised that he just stopped in his tracks and made no attempt to actually grab it. Too funny!

10. My darling Stinky had no conception that mice were anything but incredibly awesome toys. One morning, I awakened to a scratchy, wiggly sensation on my hand– he had jumped up on my bed with a mouse in his mouth, and let it go. On. My. BED. WITH. ME.

It was a stimulating morning, to say the least. 8O

11. I bet you were out of your bed in a flash with your kitty, Stinky, looking at you like he was saying “What, Mom? I thought you wanted fresh mouse in bed for breakfast?”

My cat, Dooley, caught a mouse on the top of the headboard of my bed, Theresa :) Fortunately for me, he took said mouse upstairs for some serious kitty pounding :) I would up removing the grey body later that day :)

12. LaureninGeorgia says:

I had a very quirky cat once who found great comfort in my balled up, worn, knee-high stockings. She’d sneak them out of the laundry and sleep with them. Well, one time my roommate was home sick. When she woke up in the middle of the afternoon, she had a collection of my dirty knee-highs arranged on her chest, right under her nose. Lovingly deposited by Moonpie, a most awesome cat.

13. Queen of Dork says:

My beloved cat SamKitty once caught a bird out in the back yard. while he was busy trying to wrestle with it, about 50 other birds started screaming and dive bombing him. My daughter and I were terrified for him for a second but he let the bird go. I thought those birds were going to kill him. They were MAD!

14. muttluver says:

Hahaha! Are there lots of mockingbirds and jays in your area? Those are the ones that I’m most familiar with that will do that….

15. Queen of Dork says:

You know, I’m not really sure what kind of birds they were. But they surely were mad!

16. Probably bluejays. I had a poor tom cat who had a bluejay arch enemy of his own!

17. (The Original) Mel says:

Birds can be so cruel sometimes. I will hug Furbert.

18. puddlepeppers says:

I’m willing to wait in line to hug Furbert.

19. Me too!

20. In Soviet Russia, Furbert hugs you!

21. wannadance says:

what i love most is the sort of kung fu calm facial expression along with tthe wild physical effort…

you are in the matrix now furbert…are you the one?

22. Poor, poor Furbert! So misunderstood…so much love to give…but alas, the little, thoughtless birdies, leave him hanging once again :(

23. wannadance says:

this is the story of my life…

24. 260Oakley says:

Chow Yun-Cat in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Robins”

25. Stressfactor says:

“Everybody was kung-fu fighting
    Those cats were fast as lightning.
    In fact it was a little bit frightning.
    They fought with expert timing.
    Woo-ho-ho-hooo, wo-ho-ho-hooo.”

26. OOOOOOOOoOooooooooooooooh!

Check out the Feast of 70s Hairstyles!

27. baby birdie says:

Yeah, I agree. He really looks like he’s doing kung fu, lol.

28. :lol: I thought of the same thing, Stressfactor :lol:

29. Or Michelle MYeoh?

30. I’ll give you a hug Furbert.

31. happypiano says:

furbert? hehehe.

32. ;) Indeed. ;)

33. zomg! I totally forgot Furbert is in The Glossary!
    (GASP! Did I just admit that?)
    Now I must beg forgiveness.
    beg, beg, beg.
    OK, are we good?

34. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

a little grovelling (almost) never hurts :)

— Not MUCH, anyhow ….

35. Heck, you think I mind if a term I coined in jest has become so deeply ingrained into the Cute Overload mindspace that its builders don’t even realize it? Carry on!

36. Yes, that’s right! Wait, I mean, no, of course not! Errr…
    (runs off to make complete set of Glossary flash cards to study)

37. Oh Furbert, you are so getting hugged now.

38. “I don’t understand! I donate to the Audubon Society, I have feeders supplied for up to 28 different species, I’ve beaten all the levels of Angry Birds–what more do you need to be convinced I’m a bird-lover?”

39. TrixandSam says:

40. baby birdie says:

Angry Birds?! LOL!

41. BIZZOING. :D

42. Scream and leap! That’s the Kzin way :)

43. NormallyLurksOnly says:

No, not since we’ve met the craven, tailless monkeys. Now, the Patriarch commands, “Feint and pounce!”

44. Must…hug…Furbert! He’s a doppelganger for my cat Gadget!

45. [Like]

46. That box looks too large for Gadget… he isn’t even forced into one contortion. Although, I’m sure he’s thinking “Any box on the floor”.

47. Unlike a lot of cats, Gadget doesn’t like to smash himself into the smallest box possible…though he does do that with shopping bags. :)

48. muttluver says:

This. Is. Amazing. AWESOME action shot.

49. SheepishKitty says:

Levitating cat?

50. TrixandSam says:

Is there a Matrix 360 of this??!!!??!!

51. bob drummond says:

Looks like kitty ballet, perhaps from the Nutcracker Suite?
    Very elegantly performed.

52. It’s from a new ballet set to Sergei Rachmeownioff’s The Birds, op. 35. ;-)

53. bob drummond says:

Thank you ‘ Ali. I would never have guessed that one.
    THE BIRDS! Wasn’t that a n Alfred Hitchcock Movie?

54. Why yes, yes it was! Starring Tippi Meowdren, of course. ;-)

55. Great shot, but its actually the green grass that really grabs me right now.

56. My husband and I were having a dispute over what to name the most recent kitty to come into our lives. And I swear I was pitching the name Furbert. lol!

57. Birds is sooooo cold. So cold.

58. If that cat is really named Furbert, the owner wins the internet.

59. Ina – From the submission, I’m not sure, but this kitty’s real name might be Driblet!
    (I got the name Furbert from an imaginary character who shows up around my house sometimes.)

60. “There’s a thousand you’s, there’s only one of me. I’m trippin’. I’m caught up in the moment, right?” That’s right kitty, It’ll make you stronger, no matter how the birds front on you.

61. April's NaNa says:

I dunt unnerstan. When I made my tewtally innocent comment there were NO commemts. When I strolled back for a looksee there were LOTS of comments except mine?? :-/

62. I did the same, A.N., didn’t see mine or that it was in the hoosegow, so I re-commented and ended up with the dreaded double encommentre.
    And a nearly identical one sailed through the filter.
    [tilts head at nearly 90′ baroo angle]: huh.

63. Oh Furbert! You maintain your look of dignity in the face of humiliation. A lesson for us all! My ugh morning just perked up because of Furbert and the little dust-mop-with-paw-pads above him. Thank you as always, CO!

64. Queen of Dork says:

Well, I just adopted a cat which I named Albert. And he does this same thing in the morning as I’m getting dressed, launching himself at my hair, which is long, and for some reason, my butt. *sigh* (whispers) I see hyper kitty….help me…

65. That is STINKIN’ cute!

66. 260Oakley says:

Oh no! Albert is clearly trying to ass-assinate you!

67. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! That was awesome, Oakley! :)

68. Dante is also (lowering voice) a butt-biter. He usually does it in the middle of the night when I am half-asleep, half-awake. And my late little Mimi used to attack me from the rear when I was sitting in a certain chair with an open back, and my butt apparently presented a good target. :oops*

69. Queen of Dork says:

You know how dogs have that pack, alpha dog thing? Where they obey the commands of the alpha dog/human? Well, I’m convinced that cats just don’t get that concept. They are more like, “I’m bored. amuse me, thing. I’m hungry. Give me food. You’re saying you’re the Alpha huh? What? (sticks paws in ears and goes, lalalalalalala. I can’t HEAR you). What the hell are you talking about? Did I not just ask you for some white truffles?. (taps paw) I’m waiting over here. And also, I need to be petted until I tell you to stop.” Why do we put up with this crap??!! *shuffles off to feed Albert as directed. By Albert* (sigh)

70. How else would we know they love us? :roll:

71. Queen of Dork says:

Here’s what I’m wondering: Cats really are such nocturnal creatures, aren’t they? I’m noticing this with mine in that he’s all totally hyper when the sun is down but when it comes up, he’s down for the count. So domisticated cats are nocturnal creatues. But WHY?

72. muttluver says:

Ha. Cats are not pack animals. If you want a cat like that, you need a lion, and if you have a lion, you really need to be a big male (or the top female) lion to dominate. So yes.

73. Queen of Dork says:

Yes, but my question was, how come domesticated cats are so nocturnal? Nothing about packs. But why are they nocturnal? They don’t really need to be. They don’t have to hunt at night because we serve them everything they need. At least that’s how it always ends up with me and any cat whose house I live in. :)

74. Wow, I thought my cats were bad! They chew open bags of kibble and unroll the toilet paper, but at least they don’t bite my butt while I’m sleeping. :)

75. wannadance says:

what IS it about your butt? you must reveal thisl…

76. Invisible mechanical bull

77. Furbert! What a great cat name! I shall believe this stripey little fellow is called that, even if he’s not. (And I’ll give him a hug)

78. wannadance says:

j thought this was a dilbert thing….the comic strip? wasn’t there a furbert in that. a vicious little know it all cat…?

79. That one is named Catbert. :)

80. I used to call my cat Furbert! Her real name was Sherbert, but Furbert was fun to say :-)

81. kwazy kat

82. tineetabbee

83. This needs a sound track – namely “Everybody was kung-fu fighting”!

84. WHOA 3D!

85. That looks like my cat Bella who ran away from my house in CT in August…any chance you recently got this one? We miss her and thought maybe you may have just recently got her from a pound/found her…thx :'( -Kristen

86. Whats just out of camera view thats about to meet their maker? Thats not a happy face.