There’s Always That One Houseguest

The snacks are gone, your other friends left hours ago, you’ve announced “well-p, got that big department meeting first thing tomorrow” at least five times, and still…

Via Gawker via The Daily What.

Comments

1. I want a Napping Fozzie! Me, please!!!

2. Relaxed doggeh is relaaaaaaaaxed! :-)

3. When did my husband get a fur coat?!

4. Napping Fozzie
    You’re the one!
    You make nap time
    So much fun!

5. OH MY GOD! Bath mat fur! I love dogs with that super chunky, dense, soft fur!!

6. KittyMarthaPoo says:

OMG that dog is so freakin’ cute. So FLUFFY! ! !

7. he’s doing a great job holding down that couch.

8. I wants me a Fozzie!

9. I was just thinking Muppet doggie!

10. 260Oakley says:

Mohoundas K. Gandog practices passive resistance.

11. He can sleep over at my house any time he wants but I’d insist upon unlimited booping privileges. BOOP!

12. The dog is adorable, and so is that man! ;-)

13. That’s my dog all over. Except she’s 90 pounds, so when she wants to stay on the couch…she does!

14. that’s a smart one…. he just wants to be carried around…. :o

15. okaasan59 says:

My thoughts exactly! ;)

16. He looks like a big ol’ floppy stuffed animal! Kinda like those pillow pets.

17. Ok..I want a napping fozzie..oops forgot I already have one, he’s right next to me now snoring…lol…tooooooo cuuuuute…and yes the man is adorable to ;)

18. As someone who frequently winds up with 3 – 5 overnight guests (sometimes rather unexpectedly), I can relate to this on far too many levels. See, the problem is letting them get comfy in the first place. ;-P

19. Well of course he’s hard to awaken; he’s part stuffed toy.

20. From the poster of the video: “this dog actually has a great story. he was an abandoned dog that was found on the street by the guy you see in the video, just a couple months ago. the dog was in really bad condition – dirty, with multiple infections and covered in black masses of fleas. this guy cleaned the dog up, got him medical attention and after a long fruitless search for the owners, took him into his own home.”

21. EXACTLY!

22. That’s why I’m seeking a patent for my Couch O’ Nails™. :mrgreen:

23. We had one of those houseguests last week. :roll: Same one, on Wednesday and Friday night. I was afraid it was gonna happen again Tuesday night, but luckily my boyfriend managed to run him off before dinner.

24. R-A-G-G M-O-P-P! RAG MOP!!!

25. R-A-G-G M-O-P-P!!! RAG MOP!!

26. What is happening to my comments? :cry:

27. He’s SO FLUFFY!!!! I want to snuggle with Fozzie! :D

28. Civil Disobedience Dog has spaghetti legs.

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*golf clapping*

30. (The Original) Mel says:

That’s the dog I’ve been looking for. My dream puppeh.

31. I want to snuggle with Fozzie…. and the man isn’t bad either! ;)

32. 260Oakley says:

The dog is lying on top of them.

33. Brings new meaning to the phrase, “all things in moderation.”

34. *headslap*

35. But– but– he’s wearing a Garfield sweatshirt!

36. Doggie has his pet hooman sooooo well trained.

37. ohhhh wow Theresa I had completely forgotten about that song!
    I even had a little dance for it when I was a kid

38. *snerk*

(on a related note, apparently I am posting comments too quickly and have been told to slow down.)
    (so…. sssssnnnnnneerrrrrrkkkkk)
    (there, that better?)

39. Desdemona says:

Well, then, no wonder he’s so relaxed — he feels good for the first time in we don’t know how long. Bless his heart, and bless the rescute-er!

40. WOW ! That’s how I felt this morning ! ( I don’t wanna get up !!!)
    I had never seen the original Raggmopp performed. I knew the song as a kid from my grandmother singing it & the kids cartoon “Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent”

What a treat to see it here. Thanks Theresa !

41. Copperbat says:

That is the cutest dog I’ve ever seen! <3

42. KittyAdventures says:

LOL Comments in slow motion are SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

43. Wheee! Where’s my Beanycopter? :D

44. nice leg yank….

45. PS This song is SO in my head now. *dizzy*

46. What a cute doggy! And yes, man is adorable too. Kudos to him for rescuing the pup and giving him a great home!

47. Wow. The joyful look on that man’s face–he just loves the dog so much! Just, wow.

48. New error message:

“Speed up! You’re posting too slowly!”

49. arachnophile says:

Fozzie is THE best name for this dog. I love EET!

50. ManWifeDog says:

Me too! Like, now! OMG, hilarious. Someone buy me one too.

Love Thy Dog

51. lol :)

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Theresa, just send me $25,000.00 in unmarked
    ‘Mericun (post-War btw the States) bills.

I’ll be HAPPY to take care of that errand, for ya!!! ;)

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*votes for ResQte Tag*

54. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*hoping this works* Is this it, Theresa?

55. Sharpy, I just spend a happy hour playing with the “Keep-Calm-O-Matic.” Good fun!

56. WON’T!
    can’t make me!

57. Is it some kind of bear?

58. For those who want to know what Theresa is talking about

59. RAGG MOPP RAG MOP… Dooo doo doo dot doooo… bops around in desk chair to music now stuck in my head. Such a happy song.
    Man those guys could Dance.

60. Andi from NC says:

Now I like that guy even better…. so many of “found” dogs never trust people. This dog has obviously been so well treated by his new papa that he’s able trust again. Kudos to that guy!!!

61. What kind of dog is that? He’s tooo cute!

62. What a cutie!

63. My personal favorites of someone else’s were “Keep Calm And Drink” and “Panic Your T*ts Off And Weep Openly.” :D

64. I LOVE the lipsmack at 0:23.
    I know what you want, but it ain’t gonna happen!
    What a great story :) I love to see rescue pups being the centre of someone’s world

65. skippymom, that was my reaction exACTly. “That’s a man who loves his dog!” And that makes him adorable. Dog’s cute, too! ;-)

66. Awn. How sweet….he’s an adorable dog, and the owner’s real nice for taking him in. In the background the lady’s saying “He says, “it’s not my business (if you say it’s time to go)” and “He can’t help it!/What’s to be done?”

67. Awww! This guy clearly belongs on the Men of Cute Overload calendar!

68. dats a cocker, very furry and lovey-dovey like mine
    ( who awas laso found in the middle of the road )

69. crrrazycatlady says:

Who knew that Jackie Chan had a teddy bear dog? I’m completely partial to cats, but this dog is adorabuhls!

70. crrrazycatlady says:

I had to watch it again just to catch the “lipsmack”. Fantastic!

71. justahannah says:

I had to learn this song in 3rd grade chorus! It was everyone’s favorite :D

72. Ummm…nyes. Glad I’m not the only one thinking that :D.

73. Mine is rainbow colored! :D

74. Do I detect sarcasm here? Are you seriously nuffing? He was tugging on the dog’s legs (not yanking) in a playful way to demonstrate how relaxed the dog was. I’d hate to see the world through your eyes.

Also, did you read the story about how the guy came to acquire the dog?

75. Fluffeh puppeh wif teddy bayow bodeh.

76. yahhh! i love them!

77. Hahahahahah!!!!

78. i just realized what’s going on here! we dog owners are mere translators! they lie around and get fed and petted and WE read their thoughts and say them out loud! that’s outrageous! oh wait, sorry, what’s that? excuse me, someone says their new snowsuit is pinching a little towards the rear. and a rawhide? yes, right away.

79. Poor sleepy puppeh! Love and kisses to both rescuer man and doggie. What a good hearted man.

80. onehundredways says:

that is not his real name
    can you think of a good name?

81. Watch for the piano player at :56 and again at 1:41 too!!!!

82. I always associate the phrase “well-p” with Vermont. Where’re you from NTMTOM?

83. Wow, he really does look like Fozzie Bear! You sure that thing wasn’t a muppet?

84. YES!! :D

85. Such a sweet pup!!!

86. More like, “he then took over the rescuer’s home.” When you have a personal airlift off the couch, that’s when you know that you’ve got it good.

87. Reminds me of the old John Belushi sketch,

The Thing that Wouldn’t Leave.

88. I thought that was Bret Favre!

89. That lip smacking just kills me ded.

90. Replace all your seating with wooden folding chairs – that ought to do it!

91. The AKC tried to add the Couch Potato Group to the Westminster show, but none of the entrants could be bothered to show up!

92. touche on the bret fav-re. I will never accept how it can be pronounced far-ve)

93. Glad someone finally said it!

94. Haha, that’s awesome. Fozzie has life unquestionably figured out.

95. Fozzie is the Muppet bear, but this guy is just like Rowlf, the awesome curly Muppet dog!

96. oh, why didn’t they just let the doggie sleep?

97. Lol!

98. I guess I’m just going to hope that was a joke that didn’t translate (snerk) well, but Jackie Chan actually does have two dogs, although they appear to be Labs or Goldens, possibly mixes?

99. smallthunder says:

I am both delighted (I’m not the only one who thought that!) and depressed (Damn! I’m not the only one who thought that) to see these comments.

Watch out, competition, the man & dog are MINE!

[now, if only the two of them knew that]

100. smallthunder says:

Damn, the competition for the man and his dog just keeps heating up! I’d better start working on my French again … although, it is possible the chap speaks Chinese, in which case, I’d take the lead …

[the last time I was in Paris, I'd start all my sentences in French but ended up resorting to Mandarin -- my old French skills weren't up to my newer Chinese skills. I kept wanting to tell people, "Just get me to a Chinese restaurant and let them translate for me! Merci beaucoup.]

101. smallthunder says: