Mind if I Crash in Your Helmet?

I saw you pedaling around, and watching all that sustained physical activity tends to wear me out, so I figured you owed me a place to sleep… (zzzzzzzzzzz)

Wake me up in time for the next post, Anna G.

Comments

1. and just this morning I was considering getting a bicycle. I think this clinches how much I need one…

2. and just this morning I was considering getting a bicycle. I think this clinches how much I need one…

3. 260Oakley says:

Caution: failure to remove previous occupant before wearing helmet may lead to cat-astrophic brain injury.

4. Is it Snoozeday already?

5. (The Original) Mel says:

HelmetCat by the Acme Corporation. For those times when it can’t be on your noggin. Acme Corp not responsible for cat cooperation and or injuries sustained when owner operates HelmetCat with cat secured inside noggin space.

6. *squeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

7. StormCat42 says:

*snerk* There was just no claw-se for that comment…

8. * Bandages and antibiotic cream not included.

9. Kitteh obviously misunderstood the application to audition for the Crash Test Dummies. The ad said “bassist,” not “bicyclist.” Cat-like reading is detected.

10. Shouldn’t Boris Bikes (rentals in London) come with this feature?

11. They did, but due to numerous complaints and lawsuits the practice was discontinued. See 260O’s disclaimer above.

12. Further proof that cats can sleep ANYWHERE.

13. Cat is obviously hisslexic.

14. Kitteh was tire-d of being a third wheel.

15. This is so cute, it literally made me say “Ahn” out loud. That’s never happened before!

16. I’m enjoying picturing the squirrel-like antics that must have preceded kitty’s settling in to nap.

17. Aw, kittehs love helmetses! I used to have a motorbike, and my roommates had them too, and we had two kittayns who loooooved to curl up in the helmets and snooze. I think because they were padded and perfectly rounded for round kitteh bodies.

18. Now that’s a cat’s cradle.

19. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

what about the catatonic state? :)

20. Guess this means I’ll be buying another fancy cat bed (that will get ignored)……

21. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

wise clause selection.

22. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

x thrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

and can also curl up into a more-elegant spiral shape, than any other critter which lives aboveground.

24. that’s it, you’re a lifer!

25. I want to know how they got up there intot he helmet.

26. I want to know how they got up there intot he helmet.

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

That’s what we do, when we are owned by kittehs.

28. It’s the TTT – tinee tabbee transport.

29. EVERY day is Snoozeday.

30. Poyfect napping spot – snug AND padded.

31. I’m dying to know if this is the cyclist’s cat or if he/she is just a local opportunist! What a surprising treat if the latter!

32. Yup. Meanwhile, they’re crashing in the dirty laundry, a dresser drawer, the linen closet…..

33. And next time the cat slave puts on his helmet, he’ll be sniffing cat. Lest he forget his slave status.

34. ManWifeDog says:

I don’t even do cats and I want this one. A perfect fit!

35. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

um, Sharpy…..um….see 12:42 above ……(whistling innocent tune)

36. Looks but sees nothing,,, Man that Sharpy is fast!

37. lol, usually cats decide if they want to do you, as opposed to the hooman deciding whether they do them… :)

38. Colonel Jenna says:

I knew a fellow in an historical re-creation society whose bunny would get into his suit of armor and nap in the helmet. It was pretty ugly for the gentleman, because he was allergic to Rabbit. Not that it stopped him being owned by one, but he was glad when the bunny got too large to hide in his helm.

39. Emmberrann says:

Kitteh was obvy wheely tire-d!

40. Emmberrann says:

Or, Boxes, that may or may not be just a tetch too small!!

41. (The Original) Mel says:

Dude, what’s the deal with those azzhats? Constantly posting on the first comment and putting their blog in despite having been warned at least twice. Jerks.

42. It’s not in chrono order. It’s a reply. Is it OK to do that?

43. Guess not.

44. leaves of cat grass says:

if i came out and found this sleeping kitten in my bike helmet, i’d just have to walk home rather than disturb, even if it was like TWENTY MILES HOME! or maybe i’d just sit and read a book and wait for him/her to wake on his/her own…

45. (The Original) Mel says:

I dunno what you’re talking about, but I’m talking about the trolls promoting their blog on all the posts.

46. That’s my home state!

47. quit blog-dropping!

we get it. you’re all hopped up and ready to make millions with nothing more than a blog and a few surefire tips, but guess what? the guys who sold you that scheme are getting rich. and you’re just getting irritating.

if you really want to advertise here, please contact the advertising department. if you want to play nice with everyone, stop adding links to everything you write and we’ll all be richer for the experience.

[and if that doesn't work, in the words of the immortal pattI stanger, "DO NOT DISRESPECT ME IN MY HOUSE!"]

nyah.

48. I’d love to know the story behind this. Was this a stray? Did the bike owner take the kitty home? What a sweet, sweet little picture.

49. GRAWLWLLLLL!!!

(was that scary enough?)

50. did the rabbit happen to have great huge fangs big pointy teeth?

“The most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered creature you ever set eyes on – in plush!”

51. What’s missing here?

Video of this kitteh climbing into this small, swinging, place from the sidewalk to get settled in for a snooze.

52. That’s one of the reason’s I plan on being a lifelon cat owner-they pick the darndest places to nap!

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

54. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

yup that part’s (sequence/ chron) is okay.
    When I left my msg, the commenter had dropped a blog-promotional thinggie and Sharpie has now adjusted that so the person’s comment remains but has removed the blog-link part.

55. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(YEEP!!!)

56. bookmonstercats says:

I misread this first off, and thought it 260O had written “precious occupant” not “previous occupant” and then thought, “that works as well”.

57. ( puddle on ground)
    Clean up, aisle 12!! ;-)

58. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“yay!”

59. This would be the best after-work surprise EVAR. New kitty!

60. So true! Margot found me while I was bicycling and she rode all the way home with me on my shoulder. Now we have been best friends for two years .

61. I’m the cyclist and she’s my kitty. When she was still a kitten I used to take her on bike rides. This day we were waiting in a long line and she decided to curl up for a little nap. Thankfully I had my camera! :)

62. I was riding my bike when an adorable stray – now known as Margot – found me and rode home with me (five miles!) on my shoulder. The next day we went on another ride. This photo was taken while we were waiting in a long line and she decided to curl up for a nap. She is too big for bike rides now but she has an affinity for cycling and cycling gear.

63. My husband has told me that when he and his ex-wife were first married, they had a rabbit named Cat and a cat named Bunny. I have no idea why. :)

64. When you comin’ home son
    I don’t know when
    I’ll snooze in the helmet ’til then…

65. There are worse things to sniff.

66. That’s like the story of the holy man who found the cat sleeping on the sleeve of his robe, and tore the sleeve from the robe to avoid waking the cat. Ahn!

67. O NO He/She/ IT DI-unt!!! says:

verr’ nice adjustments :)

68. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Queen of Dork has a stuffed-toy bear, that
    she named Bun-Bun :)

69. I love this picture so much, I’m using it as my profile page for the BP MS150. I’d like to credit whoever took the picture, if possible, though. :)

70. :D AWW :D What is your kitty’s name, Anna G? :D Does she still go bike riding with you? :D

71. AWW :D Maybe you can get a basket for your bike and have your dear sweet Margot ride in the basket as you go for a bike ride :D This is just a suggestion if Margot will do that :D

72. Erinne Henry says:

How comfortable is this wee kitty? Cats really like unique places to snuggle…just watch your fur on the velcro munchkin!

73. Thank you for letting us know the story behind the cuteness!

74. I took it. Want info do you need?