Know Your Obscure Superheroes!

By day, Claude Flapscratcher poses a mild-mannered tax accountant for a chain of kosher dry cleaners. But whenever evil flourishes, when citizens cry out for justice, Claude dons his multi-spectral crime-seeking goggles and becomes… InsectiPup!

Cheers Tameka & Sachmo

1. (The Original) Mel says:

Infamous is when you’re *more* than famous.

2. This pup reminds me of a fluffier, darker version of my girl, Scooby Doo.

I had to let her go a year ago. If you click my name, you can see her tribute video.

I’d give anything to put goggles on her and take a pic…

3. (The Original) Mel says:

Aw. I’m sorry about your friend. I lost my Bailey in 2006. Scooby is super cute.

4. Thanks so much.
    Life moves on, but I still miss her so much every day. It’s probably unhealthy, but I can’t help it. She was my best friend!

5. Stephanie, I’m so sorry about your baby girl. I know it’s hard to let them go and even harder to live without them, but Miss Scooby had the most wonderful life possible with you. Don’t ever forget that, as I know you will never forget your sweet girl. ♥♥♥

6. Thanks for taking the time to post a message.

I hope I did everything I could for her. We love them like our children. Have a great day.

7. I’m sorry for your loss:( What kind of dog was she?

8. ManWifeDog says:

He’s super cool. We keep trying to put shades on our yorkie karma but she’s not having it — ever! Too bad, it makes for the cutest photos!

Diary of a Spoiled Rotten Yorkie

[if you’re interesting in our advertising rates, they’re very reasonable. Contact the management if you’d like to more info. –Sharpy]

9. Retired Hippie says:

A) who’s his sidekick? Pupae Pup? Larvae Kitten? And B) dare I ask what makes a kosher dry cleaners “kosher”? Inquiring minds want to know!

10. victoreia says:

Yeah, what is the difference between kosher dry cleaners and non-kosher?

11. Silly! In a non-kosher dry cleaner, they don’t clean your clothes with bacon! :mrgreen:

12. Gigi (the original one) says:

Isn’t that the other way around?

13. Yes! Yes it is!

14. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(*delighted snerk*)

15. in a Kosher dry cleaners the hanging threads are “clipped”.
    (Not sure if I should be ducking for cover or meeting folks in the snicker lounge for a round of drinks )

16. oh, snap!!

17. Oh SNIP!

18. TrixandSam says:

Snickering Lounge, STAT!

19. baby birdie says:

I’d like to mention that the words “pupae” and “larvae” are both plural. The singular forms are pupa and larva.

20. but is a rupee for a puppeh a good deal?

21. baby birdie says:

But that still gives me an idea….

InsectiPup has successfully defeated the Praying Mastiff and saved the town. But don’t give him all the credit–his sidekick, Pupa Puppeh, used his Super Squeakeh Toy™ to annoy the Praying Mastiff into barking into the voice-activated trap.

22. Something about that picture bugs me.

23. StormCat42 says:

*face palm* :)

24. Mary (the first) says:

Smooch, right on the nosicle!

25. All the earmarks of a classic NTMTOM!

26. Martha in Washington says:

I’m adding NTMTOM to my ISEDH!! *giggle*
    But SHHH it’s a secret.

27. Welcome aboard, Martha. :mrgreen:

28. skippymom says:

Earlier I was going to ask what is this ISEDH, but then I read the earlier post where Theresa introduced it. Sigh…yeah, I have one of those, too.

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Don’t we ALL *expect* that? :)

30. I expect my royalty checks to be a little bigger this month . . . :mrgreen:

31. (The Original) Mel says:

Hope you like blondes with devastating smiles. ;)

32. PS: BEEP!

33. Kenji da haunted says:

Kamen Retriever ?

34. PPS: Just what is the flap that is scratched by Claude Flapscratcher? (arglesntzchzeepfl) :mrgreen:

35. Gesundheit!

Is it the one Mr. Akbar was supposed to look through to see if he could see Mrs. Slocombe’s pu-…erm…kitteh?

36. It IS! And I am unanimous in that! ;-)

37. I think my last comment got deleted?

Or I am blacklisted or something?

Anyway, sorry if this shows up twice. That pup reminds me of a fluffier version of my Scooby Doo. I had to let her go a year ago, yesterday.

38. We’re starting a web petition to get Nathan Fillion to play him in the upcoming movie.

Now I’m curious if a dry cleaner can be kosher. Do they keep their sweaters and leathers separate?

39. Nathan Fillion!!! A.K.A. Capt. Tightpants, Capt. Hammer, Rick Castle, All-Around-Swoon-Worthy-Cutie-With-Twinkling-Eyes-And-B*ns-of-Steel!!!!

Yeah. I think I’ve heard of him…

40. Gigi (the original one) says:

Capt. Tightpants LOL! Perfect! Just perfect! :-)

41. He “really IS ruggedly handsome!!” Uhhh, Yeah! Don’t forget Nathan as Caleb the evil preacher-man in Buffy and the Cute-But-Dumb boyfriend in Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place! Obscure sightings, yes, but well worth watching!!

I once read a quote from him about the Blackberry or I-Phone or what-have-you that was terrific! Something about more twitching, flicking and pinching than a third date at the county fair! I’ve been really curious about county fairs ever since! ;o

42. You forgot “Malcom Reynolds” captain of the Serenity. Go Firefly!!

43. shiny!

44. Can I just say…thank you so much for mentioning Nathan Fillion here, and can you do it more often, please?!

45. well, i don’t know if i mention nathan, but i don’t mind talking about captain tightpants, not at all. ;)

46. And yes, I can see the resemblance with our heroic bugpup…

47. See above.

48. So . . . I’m guessing Fillion is in your ISEDHs® . . . :mrgreen:

49. But of course!!!!

50. oh man, he’s in mine too
    mine is a small but selective group, and he’s most def innit!

51. puddlepeppers says:

It’s so reassuring that in a kosher dry cleaner all
    work is done under rabbinical supervision.

52. the last dry cleaner in town wasn’t kosher, but they really cleaned up. i think it was their heavy duty shabbat remover.

53. It was under rabbitical supervision. I heard that the supervisor was MOST disapproving.

54. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

By the time I had read the phrase “Obscure Superheroes”
    [and, by the way, aren’t those two terms kinda antonyms??] — I already knew that this was another HORRIBLE, DEVIOUS, GRIM, SCARY NotThatMike Horror Story.

55. ready for my CLOSE UP

56. So this must be Norma’s brother, Norman Deshound, hmmm?! ;-)

57. Samantha M says:

Am I the only one who had a “Groove Is In The Heart” video flashback…you know, that annoying earworm song by Deee-lite?

58. Do you see the sneer in that pups face? He has a leeetle sneer mouf, like he sees what you are wearing…or not wearing, thru the innerwebs!!!

59. The first thing that popped into my mind was “Klaus Nomi dog!”

here i come to save the day!

he came from outer space
    to save the human race!

60. Luv Klaus Nomi dog!
    & looking forward to some cute wabbit posts in honor of Chinese new year (hint, hint)

61. Only pupper has a totally beepable nosicle. Not so much Klaus Nomi.

62. Hmm, who would be his nemesis – The Tick?

63. I’d LOVE to see this doggie without the shades. He looks like a real cutie.