One of the first signs of a nut allergy is…

…rapid swelling!

That sure is one cheeky chipmunk, Jessica L.

1. Sasha's Mum says:

Is another sign vomiting? Because the way he’s holding his itty bitty paw over his mouth, it looks like he’s trying not to hurl.

Either that or it’s a gesture of surprise — “I can’t believe you didn’t put out *organic* peanuts!”

2. ManWifeDog says:

Ha! Yup he totally looks like he’s going to blow. But still cute as hell. Great photograph!

3. Gigi (the original one) says:

I can’t believe I ate the whoooole thing!

4. He looks like he’s had a few too many nuts…

I kinda want to poke him, to see if he’d grab onto my finger with those little hands.

5. Eh… I don’t think this pic (we have seen from different chipmunks/squirrels time and time again) is any better than a picture I took in Ireland. It’s interspecies snorgling at it’s best!!! a baby deer and a lamb snuggling.

6. ken i snugglz wit you? spanx :)

7. snorglepup says:

A precious pic indeed, Kristin. * FYI when going through customs, the right answer is always no.

8. I moost eeet everything

9. “I’m going to eat you… eventually” would be a very appropriate tag for this. :)

10. victoreia says:

“My peanut.”

11. SheepishKitty says:

we should get a prize for guessing how many nuts are in his mouth.

12. My guess is elebendy-eleben.

13. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Now THAT’s MY kinda math.

aka me no likey math-y.

14. 260Oakley says:

Cheeky munkie is obviously a pouch potato.

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

16. StormCat42 says:

*holding mouth trying to keep from groaning*

17. Oh Oakey you really are a national treasure

18. baby birdie says:

I think this little critter just saw something inappropriate. LOL!

19. Ooh yes, if it was wearing pearls it’d be clutching them.

20. Hey, man, like… Don’t be hatin’ on my stash. That’s harsh.

21. Queen of Dork says:

Teeny. Tiny. Fingers. (gulp)

22. MoonCatty says:

On closer inspection of the photo, this may just be a mama chipmunk. She has an excellent reason for packing away the nuts.

But I must say, her aghast expression does look a little like someone who has just been busted for exceeding the quota at the, “Take Just One” nut tasting table…

23. 260Oakley says:

Just a pinch between the cheek and gum
    (snuff said)

24. Chipmunk needs a thyroid function test.

25. Queen of Dork says:

Hmmmmmm. Chipmunks.

26. I really liked Chipmunk Punk. *shifty eyes*

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I believe that this item might apply nicely to this photo. …

(IF the innernet gods smile upon my purpose….)

28. cyberpunkrocker says:

29. Oh, you weren’t saving that nut, were you? ;-)

30. “Oh. Ohmygod. I had NO IDEA this was what “The Human Centipede” was about!”

31. Take brain, apply bleach.

32. Gigi (the original one) says:

…and don’t forget to scrub vigorously!!

33. soooo cuteee!

34. PS: I am guessing almost everybody here was born post-MMR vaccines, so they never saw a case of mumps. I had mumps as a toddler. The story about wittle Thewesa is that Mommy and Daddy wisely told her not to drink grapefruit juice, but unwisely left one of their glasses of grapefruit juice where wittle Thewesa could get her grubby little paws on it. YEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!

35. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“That hadda hurt!” :(

36. Cheepmunk is saying “Oh my, didn’t anyone tell Leighton Meester her Globes dress makes her look like Laura Ingalls on crack?”

37. *googles Leighton Meester”

“TREND OR TRAGIC: Leighton Meester’s Golden Globes gown?”

*peers at accompanying picture*

Oh dear.

That’s all I have to say about that.

38. Google Heidi Klum’s Golden Globes dress for more sartorial horror. She looks like a clown with a piece of burlap wadded around her waist. For a supermodel with a show about fashion, she really should know better. *tuts sadly*

39. Possible thought bubble for the chipmunk : “I can’t believe I ate the whooooole
    thing !”

40. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

And hand held over mouth saying, “Uh-oh, I think that had nuts in it!”

41. LMAO!!

42. TrixandSam says:

There was a very healthy chipmunk population at my former place of residence. The chippies would come out in force on Bird Feeder Filling Day (BFFD) and load up on spilled seeds and corn kernels. One little guy repeatedly overstuffed his cheeks, to the point where he couldn’t scoot down their chipmunk holes to unload. Poor thing had to push out some of his loot to fit, much to the delight of one of his brethren who’d come out to find a pile of seeds ready for the taking.

43. He just came back from the dentist. Reminds me of when I had my wisdom teef removed, Owe! >_<

44. I remember what that was like. The chipmunk cheeks, an incomprehensible lisp, and the inability to notice that you’re drooling due to the Novocaine. Thank goodness I got them removed AFTER I graduated from high school!

45. That’s funny, making fun of food allergies. Next we should make fun of the kid in a wheelchair…we could all get a big laugh!

46. you know, i’m in a really good mood today. i think i’m going to go ahead and let this remark pass the moderation machine.

but wait, here’s a little rope to take with you.

47. TrixandSam says:

*shoves over the rickety chair….*

48. Quagmire!!

49. that’s what you are, but what am i…