You’re On Notice, Mister!

“All right, Tom Nom, or whatever your name is, I’m on to your game! You like to make us animals look stupid by putting silly words in our mouths!

“Well, that garbage stops right now, pencil-neck! I’m putting on my stern face to warn you that if you pull that with me, I’ll monkey fusebox your argyle butterbean frackety garble bibbity-bobbity-boo!”

And the moral, Nieske V., is: Don’t annoy a writer.

1. I think this is the dog I saw in the news that was raised by a rabbit. Hence the powerful disapproval.

2. Waised by a wabbit?

3. Tooooooo cute! Aw, the face!

Diary of a Spoiled Rotten Yorkie:

4. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

And was the wabbit “wascawwy”???

[See Ewmew Fudd]

5. Another Susan says:

I thought the same thing only waised by a wabbit.

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Don’t mess with the little hybrids! They always have a hidden agenda (read alt-text!).

7. GingerBean says:

Serious dog is serious. “argyle butterbean” LOL!

8. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I was having my own grouchy and disapproving morning until I read this. Now I’m all monkey fusebox pooterpants. Thanks, “NOM TOM.”

9. [hmmm… meant to write “TOM NOM” like in the post. Alas. But I’m still all bibbety-bobbity-boo.]

10. I had a delicious bowl of Tom Nom at the Vietnamese restaurant last night.

11. May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?

12. BUCKY FTW!

13. What EESS EET?

14. Rabid Disapproval !

15. I just sprayed red wine over my screen :) Wonder if my laptop’s going to suffer from hangover tomorrow…

16. My laptop says it only gets a hangover with tequila !

17. Lucy's Mommeh says:

I *think* it’s a puggle! (pug/beagle mix)

18. PuggleMum says:

Doesn’t look exactly like a puggle … hair is too floofulent! There’s definitely some pug in there …

My puggle:

19. Does anyone know what the mix of this guy is?

20. Reminds me of when Bugs or Daffy would have arguments with the animators in the old WB cartoons. Word to the wise, the guys without erasers (or edit buttons) never won.

21. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Theresa, I’m offishe adorning you wif the nickname “Neverfails”!!! :)

22. Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

23. “Too-lousy Lautrec”. *snerk*

24. Yes! Exactly!

25. *snicker* pooterpants.
    Now I’m gonna go through the rest of the day with a goofy grin and inward giggle at the image of this lil’ grouchy pooterpants. Thanks TOM NOM! Heh, I love it when I have a good reason to make people wonder about me. Mwhwaahahha!

26. Bahahahaha!

Tom Nom (or whatever his name is) has been monkey fuseboxing our argyle butterbeans all along. We’ve just never noticed. :mrgreen:

27. JUST what I needed on this gray rainy day–thanks, TOMNOM! I shall think of you that way henceforward…

28. This guy exemplifies SO many rules of cuteness I don’t even know where to gammon and spinach my gumboot plaintains.

29. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Solar prestige a gammon. cool car kyrie key salmon.
    Herring molasses abounding.
    Common lap kitch sardine a poor floundin.

30. Spigeldy gibbets marfle snarfle… Harr Harr!

31. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

How ’bout “Grouchy McGrouchersons” ???

32. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

also: wherefore esta, El “Disa-POINTED”, or “Disapproval”!!! Tag ??

33. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Le “YAY!”

Los Editors have added Le Tag.
    “The Crowd goes wild in the stands.”

34. “don’t annoy a writer” Ah yes, words of wisdom. I don’t get mad anymore when I have a bad experience dealing with someone in retail or encounter grouchy people. Instead, I smile at them and think: “You’re going in my novel, and your death will be exceedingly painful!”

I think Mr. Grumpy Pants here just needs a hug and a treat or two. I volunteer!

35. bookmonstercats says:

How therapeutic, @bel. I shall start writing THE novel (you know the one – it lives inside of you just waiting until you have time to sit down and write it) immediately just for that purpose.

36. skippymom says:

Aggle flaggle klabble! Blaggle plabble! Wumby flappy? Snurp.

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

So profound, skippymom!!! :)
    Simply inspirational.

38. Actually, those are quotations from a children’s picture book. I’m offering a prize to anyone here who can identify the book.

39. Mo Willems Knuffle Bunny! love Mo Willems

40. How weird is that?

41. sorry. this comment was for something else. hoping it will get deleted.

42. Gigi (the original one) says:

Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems.

43. skippymom says:

And Gigi wins the prize–Skippy’s voice on your home answering machine! When do you want him to come over and record it? (He’s not available tomorrow, as it’s his birthday, otherwise his schedule is pretty open.

44. Happy Birthday, Skippy! You don’t look a day over 4!

45. warrior rabbit says:

Skippymom’s a Wait Wait fan, I see. (Me, too! Me, too!)

46. Queen of Dork says:

Jungle Book?

47. the bug man says:

(Skippymom with the “Wait wait” reference for the win, btw.)

48. warrior rabbit says:

Darn these nested comments! Didn’t see your acknowledgment of her fandom. Love that show! Especially when Paula’s a panelist.

49. Best WWs are when Roy Blount and Charlie Pierce are on.

50. Early morning singing song. Good morning, starshine, the earth says hello.

51. Gracie's Mom says:

Zamboni Hamster Pooterpants!

I love it!

52. He looks eerily like Jack Nicholson in “A Few Good Men”.

You can’t handle the truth!

53. He does! Jack Nicholson hahahahahhaah…..

54. Daphne Moss says:

I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that…all he needs is few of his lower teeth to show …

55. Exactly my first thought as well.

56. “SURELY you jest, sir.”

(I would guess he’s some sort of Tibetan spaniel, maybe?)

57. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

“and DON’T call me, _______!!!”

58. I was wondering that myself!

59. for your consideration:
    enjoy teh cute!

60. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

comme ces chiens sont elegants!!!

61. erm…… oui?! ;-)

62. (The Original) Mel says:

This should be a rule of cuteness. When a small, fluffy animal with a five-head makes a frowny-face it’s cute.

63. Is this a pug-hua? A Chihuapug?

64. Maybe a pug + pekingese?

65. Would that be a peke-pug?

66. I was trying to find pictures of pug and then peke mixes, and found so many combo names like puggle and bugg and chihuapeke that my head is spinning! So now I can’t remember if someone came up with a name for that combo.

(OK, I made up chihuapeke. But the others are legit.)

67. O No He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

I LIKE chihuapeke!!!
    It’s quite descriptive AND it’s fun!!!

68. I like it! If we combined all of them, we’d get a pughuapeke!

69. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ kzgz: I wrote something to you here, about 400 hours ago (perhaps a SLIGHT exaggeration of the timeframe) but it’s in Moderashun Land at the moment, unless it got off the train at the wrong stop …..???

70. Pug-kenese!?

71. baby birdie says:

This little guy is definitely part pug. The question is, what other breed(s) is he?

72. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

perhaps part “thug” also.

73. It’s a Puggmutt.

74. Heinz50Pugg?

75. Okay, I’m taking predictions! Which of TOM NOM’s new words will strike a fancy in the mainstream and be added to the official dictionary FIRST? I’m voting “pooterpants”!

76. mctwin says:
    January 14, 2011 at 11:23 am

Seconded! :)

77. pooted! :P

78. @Metz, I keep telling ya, ya gotta cook those turnips for a couple of hours. :mrgreen:

79. Woops, s’cuse me. :oops:

80. I’ve never seen such a lovely shade of disapproval.

81. Disapproval rating: 4/5

82. judging u so hard right now

83. bibbity bobbity bite

84. He looks British. I can just see him in tails and a bowler or top hat at the royal wedding in April.

85. I guess he does look a bit like the famous photo of Churchill after Karsh took his cigar away.

86. Queen of Dork says:

Okay. I must confess that I haven’t read all of the comments yet but I’m sure that someone else, like me, got a HUGE kick out of “argyle butterbean frackety garble bippity, boppity-boo” I sooooooo would like to say that to my boss one day at work. At least the last part. “You want me to finish that report by yesterday?! Well! Bippity, boppity-boo to you I say, SIR!

87. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

smart of you, to end the bit, with “SUH”!!!! ;)

88. Queen of Dork says:

I know on which side my bread is buttered. (huh? what did I just say?)

89. Up with it we will not put! Up!

90. PS: BEEP!

91. Serious Business Puppeh says: Stuff got serious…

92. thelittlemyrmidon says:

This is a look of “stern reproach” if I ever saw one.

93. Rachel of Cyberia says:

That will put marzipan in your pie-plate, Bingo!

94. I had a dog that looked just like this “Bilko” when I was a kid—he was a peke/dashund–so smart he knew every trick we ever saw—

95. THAT is the definition of “attitude”!

96. Looks a bit like Bill Murray…

97. Looks a lot like Red Foreman.