The Cheese Puff Gourmet

Ahhhh… (sniff, sniff) A pleasantly piquant puff, this, evenly dusted with a heady array of cheese-like chemical products…

And now for that crucial first sampling… (lyurp!) Alas, the tantalizing promise held forth by the aroma is betrayed by hard, unyielding consistency of the puff itself. This shall not do; remove it from my sight, please.

No pleasing some people, Chris S.

1. I hear ‘nomz’, ‘nomz’….

2. Cat is cheesed off.

3. So are the cheese poofs, as soon as kitteh is finished with them.

4. Thrilling bouquet, dahling.

5. A glass of Tang? Obviously Orange Guy likes all his meals color-coordinated!

6. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*raises hand, waving frantically*

I remember Tang!!!

I used to dip stale Ginger Cookies into Tang!! YUM

7. Try Scotch. YUM!!!!!

8. We just used to dip our fingers in the Tang it was better than pix stix! . Ginger snaps eh? Well I guess it’s better than walking around with a neon orange fore finger all day.

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(Mom wasn’t one, for buying a NEW bag of Ginger Snaps until the prior Econo-Bag had been fully consumed)

10. Christabel says:

Something tells me there’s a pile of Cheetos lying around somewhere with all the powdery cheese goodness licked off.

11. And they’ve gone all sticky and glued themselves to the sofa.

12. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

13. At least they’re not the crunchy kind. Those make my jaw hurt. Ow!

14. Personally my tummy prefers Cheetos to Cheese Puffs. Furthermore my descerning taste buds prefer Cheetos to Cheezies. And now you know….

15. Michael Season’s makes amazing gluten-free cheese puffs.

16. Christabel says:

Or Barbara’s Cheese Puff Bakes. The death of me.

17. Where do you get them? I have a tough time finding anything I like. Help.

18. These are so good that my boyfriend (who is not gluten-intolerant like me) told me last night that he prefers them to Cheetos.

I’ve found them at Kroger’s, HEB, and Basic Foods. Here’s a linky to their site for the retailer search page. You can also order online.

19. Our oldest kitty loves Cheetos. Also Doritos. And beer.

20. wow, your kitty likes to party like it’s 1989.

21. Ah, but does he love cheese ‘n’ pineapple onna stick?

Oops, wrong decade.

22. *Making Prince-Like hand gestures*

23. *sigh* Did anyone else try the Whole Grain Cheese Curls? To die for. They had some crunchy texture in addition to the usual Cheesy Goodness and of course gave the illusion that what you were eating was at least a little bit good for you because they had Fiber. But our store stopped carrying them. (I think they were made by Snyder’s?)

24. My local grocerterias carry Snyder’s products, but only the pretzels (love the Honey Mustard Pretzel Pieces!). But I checked online, and you can get 12 packs at Amazon, and allegedly at Wal Mart.

I want Cheesy Somethings now, including that gorgeous cat.

25. Me too! I want cheesy things and orange cats. I would huff them both, and then devour them both. SO CUTE!

26. That is just wrong. Unless they were mouse-flavored Cheez Doodles.

27. What I should have written was… “Were those Mouz Doodles?” ;-)

28. Or cheese-flavored mouse doodles?

29. lyurp… Ha!

30. ‘xactly. Lovin’ the lyurp!

31. I want to yell “Matchink!” Not sure we do that anymore.

32. Absolutely!

33. Me tooo! Matchinks Matchinks Matchinks!

34. And also “I shall leeeck you!”

35. Gigi (the original one) says:

My dear departed Bootsy would lick a BBQ chip until it was reduce to a gooey mess but never took a bite out of it!
    Also you would have to hold it up for him, if you put it on the floor he wasn’t interested! Not spoilded nooooo! LOL!

36. Not at all.

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

nuh uhn. Nope. No how.

38. Nope. One of our cats used to insist on eating at the dinner table with us. I mean… at the dinner table, with her own place, her own chair. She thought she was a human…

39. :lol: Of course those kitties were not spoiled rotten, scream for cuddles, demand only the best cat food, a clean litter box every two hour, your bed to sleep on, etc. kitties :lol:

40. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

@ Shaz: impressive, indeed! :)

41. Haha!!! That’s awesome! My cat loves to lick cheezy snacks too…

42. Ah yes, my Puma also wants everything held for her. (Active participation by the hoomin is totally required.) I suspect they like to lick the salt.

43. Yep, same thing with Sunny. You have to hold it for her, but it is usually something sweet, like a piece of doughnut. I love that she is that spoiled!!

44. Oh, god, this is such a nostalgia trip. One of our cats had us feed him wheat biscuit. He had a special kind, bought for him. Two of them loved mangoes. All of them loved yams. One of them loved oranges. We had to serve each of them what he or she wanted.

Who owned whom? Yea…

45. Lewis n' Clark says:

Clark, at the age of 13, has suddenly developed a case of licking my fingers. He won’t eat the chips, but as my hand goes to and from the chip bowl, he jumps in to lick the salt off of my fingers. If I go too fast, he puts his pay on my hand to slow it down!

46. Chester, one of the four cat wonders that I am honoured to live with, does exactly the same thing. And I love it! :)

47. It’s nice that kitty takes the time to savor the cheez doodle before wolfing it down. Very civilized.

48. Indeed. I love the closed-eyed long sneeeeef! My pups do that to things that smell particularly nice.

49. BTW, that’s a stunningly beautiful cat. Love those colors, wonderful stripes, shapely head and powerful neck. Bet he things of himself as a tiger or lion.

50. I was thinking the same thing — what a handsome boy!! I like how we can see that swath of lightly-furred area from ear to eye. That’s the same sweet spot where I like to smooch my own cats tenderly.

51. Sasha's Mum says:

I almost never buy cheezy poofs of any brand, but when I do, Sasha goes crazy-bananas for them. I once made the mistake of leaving a small bag of bulk cheezy poofs on the floor when I was organizing the groceries, and she’d broken into the bag and left a tell-tale trail of florescent orange crumbs faster than you can say “trans fats.”

Funnily enough though, she doesn’t show the slightest bit of interest in Hawkins Cheezies, which are about a gazillion times yummier (for the humans in the house) than anything else in the cheeze-flavoured snack family.

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“trans fats”.

53. Funny. I see what you did there.

54. Hey Sasha’s Mum – are you Canadian? The reference to Hawkins made me wonder because I always thought that was a Canadian brand.

55. Sasha's Mum says:

Yes indeedy I am a proud Canadian, lover of Hawkins Cheezies, maple syrup, and curling. Sometimes all at the same time.

56. :D I am a Canadian too, Sasha’s Mum :D I have not seen Hawkins Cheezies, but I will look for them out here in British Columbia :D

57. Teresa, you should be able to find them out west but maybe in a smaller retailer. They are the best cheezies out there. Made with “real” cheese! Family run business, and they actually own the right to use the word “cheezie”.

58. Sasha's Mum says:

I’m in BC too, Teresa, and Hawkin’s Cheezies are *everywhere.* You might know them as (or just “Cheezies.” They’re frequently on sale at London Drugs or Save-on-Foods/Overweightea.

59. Thank you, Birdcage and Sasha’s Mum :D I will look for them at London Drugs :D

I live in Coquitlam, Sasha’s Mum :D Where do you live in BC? :D

60. I forgot to add on Rochester Avenue in Coquitlam, Sasha’s Mum :D

61. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Sasha’s mum:
    “lover of Hawkins Cheezies, maple syrup, and curling. Sometimes all at the same time.”

62. My darling, darling Stinky would kill you as soon as look at you for a Chipotle chicken burrito.

63. Indeed that is one mighty orange feline, gettin his Cheetoz on.

64. De orange ones.. they always be stealin’ your fuds ;)

Hank (aka the Stank) would have eaten the cheeto and half my finger before you could say ‘holy guacamole!’.

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“holy guacamole!”

66. snert :)

67. Oh my gosh! If I didn’t know that I hadn’t sent in a picture, I would think that this is my Bernie.

68. Christine says:

I had a cheese puff overdose shortly before seeing this–makes me feel like the world is in alignment.

69. Anyone know the kitteh’s name? I must know it!!!

70. I’m guessin’ Chester.

71. All my orange kitties have loved orange food.

72. When my boy Snax (short for “Self Serve Midnight Snax” the name says it all )
    was alive he used to literally push my fork out of his way (as I was eating) so he could chow down on my Budget Gourmet Linguine & Clam Sauce Marinara.
    He would eat everything but the green peppers. They would get pushed into a pile & ignored. He passed 8 years ago & I still can’t bring myself to buy that frozen dinner anymore. What a cat !

73. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

He was direct and clear in obtaining his objectives, n’est-ce pas?????

74. Of The Fatty Snax Deli?

75. My orange tabby loves all things dairy: milk, cream, alfredo sauce, ice cream, cheese cake!

We shall have to try Cheetos, although I suspect they don’t contain any actual dairy ;)

76. this chip/cat thing’s pretty common, huh?We had a cat who loved Ms. Vickie’s salt and vinegar..the kind that would make your tongue bleed if you ate too many. Of course, he ate the whole bag without any adverse affects at all.

77. A crisp $50 if holder of puffy cheeto licks and eats it next!

78. (Psst: Can I borrow $50 from someone in case she does it. Thanks!)

79. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Smooth, Marie!!! Sooooo smooth!!!!

80. kibblenibble says:

Theo must see this. Hope he does. :-)

81. Suppose he’s orange from falling in the Cheese puff bag, or has the cheesy goodness permeated him from the inside out…?

82. darkshines says:

Teh orinj ones r poizin!

83. bookmonstercats says:

Dang it. I now play the game of “Don’t scroll all the way down yet. Let’s try to guess what NOMTOM is posting today from the introduction.” I alwayz failz. I cannot match the brilliance. It’s like trying to out-pun 260Oakley

*Goes away and tries to compose “Ode to NOMTOM”*. *Failz*

84. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

but lookit how cyoot yer Avatar buggy guy eez!!!! No eez failure!!! :)

85. Bookmonstercats, I love your name. My birthday is tomorrow, and if I can talk my hubby into it, there is a tattoo that I want to get, a vintage clipart of a kitten reading a book.

86. You know, the original Twinkie had *banana* creme filling, and they’ve recently re-introduced the retro banana Twinkies. Maggie kitten LURVES the creme filling, so I was treated to the sight of my hubby patiently digging the filling out, bit by bit, and then letting Maggie lick it from his finger.

He’s totally kittenwhipped. :)

87. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

as it should be.

88. This is way off the subject …..Nice Manicure!

89. I can dig up some coupons to help defray the cost. :) I have thousands of coupons and lots of deals. Surely this cat will like some of the cat treat deals I’ve dug up.

90. Please be careful when giving pets human food. I used to think it was adorable that my cat ate everything until she got acute kidney failure. It was a devastating experience in which I quickly learned tha garlic, onion powder, grapes, raisins, macadamia nuts, etc. Are all VERY dangerous.

Onion powder is sneaky and hides in things like baby food and chips.