Howlin’ Tucker Plays the Blues

Won’t somebody help me, satisfy my aching need?
‘Cause I got a big confusion ’bout the nature of my breed.
I’m puzzled at my muzzle and befuddled in my noodle
Can’t anybody tell me just what the heck’s a Schnoodle?

Righteous, Chief Sister Ossifer.

Comments

1. oh my, such talent!!!!!!

2. Martha in Washington says:

OMG! I want a schnoodle…and a piano!

Thank you NOMTOM! Made my day on this snowy Wednesday.

3. almost fell out of my chair laughing — thanks for sharing such a fun video!

4. This is a rare clip of Billie Howliday practicing arfpeggios.

5. We want Heidi (the german opossum with bad eyes)!

6. cyberpunkrocker says:

Robert ‘Tucker’ Johnson has obviously traded his soul to the devil at the crossroads, and got a banshee in return.

7. Oh, yeah, right, like the dog can read sheet music.

Fake.

8. Ok, my head just exploded with the cuteness..

If this were my dog, I would make him do this for everyone and drive all my friends insane and people would not come visit me and my piano playing dog anymore…

9. Hellhound on my trail . . .

10. Or it might be Bellyroll Morton.

11. BWAHAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

12. Puddley Waters?
    Chet Barker?
    Dizzy Gillesphound?
    Chewy Armstrong?
    Sun Ruff?

this is fun!

13. Wait, where is his tail?

14. Paw Rainey?
    Professor Longhair Dachshund?
    B.B. King Charles Spaniel?

15. He sings better than he plays the pianner.

16. Impeccable meter as always. NTMTOM.

17. Impeccable meter as always, NTMTOM.

18. O NO He/ She/ It/ DI-unt!!!! says:

all are wunnerful, wunnerful.

Poisonally, I vote for 2600, for Paw Rainey!!!

19. Ack. Sorry.

20. O NO He/ She/ It/ DI-unt!!!! says:

Wait, don’t give up!!! I’ll visit!!
    May I join in, and sing / howl along???

21. Oh boo … I submitted this yesterday. How come CSO gets all the credit? (barooo … ba-roooooooo …)

22. BTW … this is clearly … (wait for it …)

Arf Tatum

23. “no one leaves here without singing the blues” :)

24. Digitoonie says:

Dare I say it?

Is he training for American Fido? 8D

25. Mary (the first) says:

I’d come and visit over and over again, just to see this performance!

26. Mary (the first) says:

I love how he seems to be reading the music and then the dramatic bow at the end. What a hambone!! :D

27. Used to have a little mixed breed dog when I was growing up that would literally scream when I played the piano. I could never be sure if it hurt his ears or he thought he was singing but it got to be a real pain in the patookus. (And it’s my college degree, so it’s not like my playing is howl-worthy, although I’m sure anyone who listened to me practice the same 2 measures for hours on end would probably agree with the dog.)

28. Luciano Paw-verotti?
    or, if a female,
    “Bone” Sutherland?

29. Diggin’ deep for the “Adventures in Babysitting” quote! Nicely done!!

30. Clark Terrier?
    Harry “Spitz” Edison?
    Al Greyhound?
    . . . um . . .
    Roydesian Eldridgeback?

31. My coonhound-mix used to match pitch with me when I practiced long tones on the trumpet. I miss that dog.

32. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

wow!!!

HP “nose” some names
    from l’Histoire de la Musique !!!

33. When is the Nora – Tucker duet happening?

34. (The Original) Mel says:

I done heard that legend. Now I know it’s true.

35. (The Original) Mel says:

Oh Don Piano.

36. @ONH/S/ID-u: Bit of a hobby of mine. I almost went with “Luis Russell Terrier,” but I thought that was too obscure.

37. Alice Shortcake says:

You beat me to it!

38. Flutterby says:

What an absolute riot, although my kitty, Bucky, did not appreciate the awesome talent there!

Play that funky music white boy!

39. Oh Dog
    Oh Long Johnson

40. Well, since my baby left me,
    I’ve bin goin’ to the dogs.
    I done be fired by my bossman,
    I’m sleepin’ da hogs.

I got nothin’ left but my furcoat,
    That ‘n my ferocious growl
    If you was sad ‘n blue as me
    You’d also sit down ‘n howl!

– Frenchy ‘Dogbone’ McPupperson
    – Copyright 1923

41. I loved!!!!!! Put a huge smile on my face. Thanks Tucker, your a handsome boy.

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

verruh verruh nice!!

43. Well shoot , my momma kitty was sleeping next to me when the singing started & all I got was the stink eye blues !!!

44. I just about peed myself laughing. Outstanding.

45. TrixandSam says:

Was at my parents’ house this weekend taking my turn as live-in caregiver (Mom broke her knee 2 days before Christmas, Dad is suffering from dementia). I was in the living room with their little mixed breed pup Sonia, looking out the front window just people, bird and squirrel watching. My Dad came over, sat down at their piano and started plinking out a tune on the ol’ ivories. Sonia jumped down and walked over to sit at his feet, looking up at him, to sing along. He looked down at her and smiled and kept plinking out that tune.

*sniff. sniff*

46. Schnoodle
    Schnauzer+Poodle = Schnoodle.

47. Lewis n' Clark says:

aw TrixandSam – I know how you feel…my Mom is in the same boat, with dementia, but you know what? She lights up at pictures of her childhood dog!

48. hehehe…I was so busy watching my dogs while this video played that I forgot to watch Tucker there.

to report, I got a lot of cute head-tilts, some giggles out of me, and a full on “search out the other dog” at about :45. Max even came and investigated the computer…

49. Why I eyes you all the long long day

50. Okay, I know this is selfish of me, but I posted this at work in a hurry when I was supposed to be doing something else, and now that I’m home and relaxed, I have to say that “Roydesian Eldridgeback” is now my new favorite thing. I wish I were a cartoonist, and I would make him my gravatar.

They’re adorable when they’re young.

I sure do think I’m pretty great.

51. -boom-

52. Oscar Pet-terson?

Count Basenji?

Dave Poodlebeck?

“Dog” Ellington?

Chow Corea?

Herbie Hygenhund?

53. TrixandSam says:

Thanks, L n’ C. It’s heartbreaking to watch, but I’m SO glad that Sonia is around to keep them company. At night, she sleeps with my Mom, draped over her lap, keeping watch over that broken knee cap. And when my Dad takes a nap on the couch, she’s there, cuddled up with him. It’s so sweet to see.

I hug my pups everyday, thanking them for loving me.

54. he’s the canine Tori Amos

55. Hon, God Bless – I have had your situation – (hate the word problem) my Mom had dementia and now is no longer with me – I see that you are taking care while you have them to love – that is so beautiful – it is good to know they are in good hands/paws

56. Every camera in the room
    is pointing at me
    Wanna howl in their faces
    then I think of the treats that that would bring
    Got a bowl of food in my stomach
    Got a Milk Bone in my mouth
    Figures that my human would post me on youtube now …

(pace Tori Amos, “Crucify Myself”)

57. LOL Little one .. One of the cats was asleep by me… she opened one eye AND glared at the computer for the duration.

58. Wrong title: this is definitelty Moonlight Sonata!

59. That. Is. Hilarious.

60. And the winner of this year´s BAROO CONTEST is…. Howlin´ Tucker!!!!!

*wild applause*

61. exactly!

62. While I found this adorable and hilarious, my cats did not agree. One even started to growl at the computer!

63. Kristabelle says:

Clearly, whomever this person was in a previous lifetime, they cannot resist making music in this one!! Too cute – though the howling would get OLD after awhile!!

64. Not only the sheet music, but the lyrics as well!

65. It has never ceased to amaze me that our dog does NOT howl when my daughter practises her saxaphone. There have been days when “I” wanted to howl, though….

66. Haw! Har de har har, eveen!

67. @ Trix and Sam, ((hugs)) and supportive thoughts to you. Been in a similar situation with my parents… both are gone now. It was really tough at the time to juggle all the demands on time, energy, and emotions, but I am truly glad now that I was able to be there for them, after all the times they were there for me. Take care of yourself, and keep on hugging those fur-babies. :)

68. Tucker rules. I love it!!!!

69. That’s Dave Baroobeck, HP.

70. Sing it, soul sister.
    Sing it loud.
    Sing it proud.

71. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*giggle*

72. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ HP: Most excellent pic at blue “young” link!!!

73. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

–but then again, “Chewy Armstrong” , from tracylee, is darn good, as well :)

74. Mademoiselle chante le blues
    Soyez pas trop jalooose
    Mademoiselle boit du rouge
    Mademoiselle chante le blues ….

75. LOL…you crack me up.

76. LuvFurBabies says:

♪♪♪Ggiirrllll…….you’ve been gone so long…(ruff)….I wish I wasn’t such a fool!…You must think I’m a tool…but Gggiirrlll,,,,,I Love YYooouuuuuu!!!! ♪♪♪♪
    Ruff..(paw to side….head down…..puppy dog face)…..

THE END

77. mike from queens says:

Heh…she pawses for appaws at the end.

78. I added some music to it:

79. mctwin's twin says:

You’re KEEEELING me! First, BEFORE I even played the video, tears were streamning down my face!!! After playing the video, I laughed myself into a coughing fit. Do I REALLY need this???

Holy Cow, NTMTOM, you’re a freaking nut! Just saying, and I’m sending you the hospital bill!

80. This is absolutely ADORABLE! And funny as heck, to boot (paw?). The schnoodle really seems to be enjoying herself. Also, I outright DARE any nuffers to find anything to nuff about with this movie. :p

81. toooo funny!!

Does Tucker ever do a rousing Boogie-woogie ???? That’d be a hoot too!!

82. One of my cats was asleep on my lap and she gave me The Look, with ears laid back till I turned the sound down. The other one came running in from 2 rooms away to see what was going on.

Blues-playing-singing puppeh FTW.

83. I’ll come visit, too!

84. My family had a shih-tzu that would spaz out everytimg I played saxophone.