Howlin’ Tucker Plays the Blues

Won’t somebody help me, satisfy my aching need?
‘Cause I got a big confusion ’bout the nature of my breed.
I’m puzzled at my muzzle and befuddled in my noodle
Can’t anybody tell me just what the heck’s a Schnoodle?

Righteous, Chief Sister Ossifer.

1. oh my, such talent!!!!!!

2. Martha in Washington says:

OMG! I want a schnoodle…and a piano!

Thank you NOMTOM! Made my day on this snowy Wednesday.

3. almost fell out of my chair laughing — thanks for sharing such a fun video!

4. This is a rare clip of Billie Howliday practicing arfpeggios.

5. Or it might be Bellyroll Morton.

7. Puddley Waters?
    Chet Barker?
    Dizzy Gillesphound?
    Chewy Armstrong?
    Sun Ruff?

this is fun!

8. Paw Rainey?
    Professor Longhair Dachshund?
    B.B. King Charles Spaniel?

9. O NO He/ She/ It/ DI-unt!!!! says:

all are wunnerful, wunnerful.

Poisonally, I vote for 2600, for Paw Rainey!!!

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

–but then again, “Chewy Armstrong” , from tracylee, is darn good, as well :)

11. Clark Terrier?
    Harry “Spitz” Edison?
    Al Greyhound?
    . . . um . . .
    Roydesian Eldridgeback?

12. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

HP “nose” some names
    from l’Histoire de la Musique !!!

13. @ONH/S/ID-u: Bit of a hobby of mine. I almost went with “Luis Russell Terrier,” but I thought that was too obscure.

14. Okay, I know this is selfish of me, but I posted this at work in a hurry when I was supposed to be doing something else, and now that I’m home and relaxed, I have to say that “Roydesian Eldridgeback” is now my new favorite thing. I wish I were a cartoonist, and I would make him my gravatar.

They’re adorable when they’re young.

I sure do think I’m pretty great.

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ HP: Most excellent pic at blue “young” link!!!

16. LOL…you crack me up.

17. We want Heidi (the german opossum with bad eyes)!

18. cyberpunkrocker says:

Robert ‘Tucker’ Johnson has obviously traded his soul to the devil at the crossroads, and got a banshee in return.

19. (The Original) Mel says:

I done heard that legend. Now I know it’s true.

20. Oh, yeah, right, like the dog can read sheet music.

21. Not only the sheet music, but the lyrics as well!

22. Ok, my head just exploded with the cuteness..

If this were my dog, I would make him do this for everyone and drive all my friends insane and people would not come visit me and my piano playing dog anymore…

23. O NO He/ She/ It/ DI-unt!!!! says:

Wait, don’t give up!!! I’ll visit!!
    May I join in, and sing / howl along???

24. Mary (the first) says:

I’d come and visit over and over again, just to see this performance!

25. I’ll come visit, too!

26. Hellhound on my trail . . .

27. Wait, where is his tail?

28. He sings better than he plays the pianner.

29. Impeccable meter as always. NTMTOM.

30. Impeccable meter as always, NTMTOM.

31. Ack. Sorry.

32. Oh boo … I submitted this yesterday. How come CSO gets all the credit? (barooo … ba-roooooooo …)

33. BTW … this is clearly … (wait for it …)

Arf Tatum

34. Oscar Pet-terson?

Count Basenji?

Dave Poodlebeck?

“Dog” Ellington?

Chow Corea?

Herbie Hygenhund?

35. That’s Dave Baroobeck, HP.

36. “no one leaves here without singing the blues” :)

37. Diggin’ deep for the “Adventures in Babysitting” quote! Nicely done!!

38. Digitoonie says:

Dare I say it?

Is he training for American Fido? 8D

39. Mary (the first) says:

I love how he seems to be reading the music and then the dramatic bow at the end. What a hambone!! :D

40. Used to have a little mixed breed dog when I was growing up that would literally scream when I played the piano. I could never be sure if it hurt his ears or he thought he was singing but it got to be a real pain in the patookus. (And it’s my college degree, so it’s not like my playing is howl-worthy, although I’m sure anyone who listened to me practice the same 2 measures for hours on end would probably agree with the dog.)

41. My coonhound-mix used to match pitch with me when I practiced long tones on the trumpet. I miss that dog.

42. It has never ceased to amaze me that our dog does NOT howl when my daughter practises her saxaphone. There have been days when “I” wanted to howl, though….

43. My family had a shih-tzu that would spaz out everytimg I played saxophone.

44. Luciano Paw-verotti?
    or, if a female,
    “Bone” Sutherland?

45. When is the Nora – Tucker duet happening?

46. Alice Shortcake says:

You beat me to it!

47. (The Original) Mel says:

Oh Don Piano.

48. Oh Dog
    Oh Long Johnson

49. Why I eyes you all the long long day

50. Flutterby says:

What an absolute riot, although my kitty, Bucky, did not appreciate the awesome talent there!

Play that funky music white boy!

51. Haw! Har de har har, eveen!

52. Well, since my baby left me,
    I’ve bin goin’ to the dogs.
    I done be fired by my bossman,
    I’m sleepin’ da hogs.

I got nothin’ left but my furcoat,
    That ‘n my ferocious growl
    If you was sad ‘n blue as me
    You’d also sit down ‘n howl!

— Frenchy ‘Dogbone’ McPupperson
    — Copyright 1923

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

verruh verruh nice!!

54. I loved!!!!!! Put a huge smile on my face. Thanks Tucker, your a handsome boy.

55. Well shoot , my momma kitty was sleeping next to me when the singing started & all I got was the stink eye blues !!!

56. I just about peed myself laughing. Outstanding.

57. TrixandSam says:

Was at my parents’ house this weekend taking my turn as live-in caregiver (Mom broke her knee 2 days before Christmas, Dad is suffering from dementia). I was in the living room with their little mixed breed pup Sonia, looking out the front window just people, bird and squirrel watching. My Dad came over, sat down at their piano and started plinking out a tune on the ol’ ivories. Sonia jumped down and walked over to sit at his feet, looking up at him, to sing along. He looked down at her and smiled and kept plinking out that tune.

*sniff. sniff*

58. Lewis n' Clark says:

aw TrixandSam – I know how you feel…my Mom is in the same boat, with dementia, but you know what? She lights up at pictures of her childhood dog!

59. TrixandSam says:

Thanks, L n’ C. It’s heartbreaking to watch, but I’m SO glad that Sonia is around to keep them company. At night, she sleeps with my Mom, draped over her lap, keeping watch over that broken knee cap. And when my Dad takes a nap on the couch, she’s there, cuddled up with him. It’s so sweet to see.

I hug my pups everyday, thanking them for loving me.

60. Hon, God Bless – I have had your situation – (hate the word problem) my Mom had dementia and now is no longer with me – I see that you are taking care while you have them to love – that is so beautiful – it is good to know they are in good hands/paws

61. @ Trix and Sam, ((hugs)) and supportive thoughts to you. Been in a similar situation with my parents… both are gone now. It was really tough at the time to juggle all the demands on time, energy, and emotions, but I am truly glad now that I was able to be there for them, after all the times they were there for me. Take care of yourself, and keep on hugging those fur-babies. :)

62. Schnoodle
    Schnauzer+Poodle = Schnoodle.

63. hehehe…I was so busy watching my dogs while this video played that I forgot to watch Tucker there.

to report, I got a lot of cute head-tilts, some giggles out of me, and a full on “search out the other dog” at about :45. Max even came and investigated the computer…

64. -boom-

65. he’s the canine Tori Amos

66. Every camera in the room
    is pointing at me
    Wanna howl in their faces
    then I think of the treats that that would bring
    Got a bowl of food in my stomach
    Got a Milk Bone in my mouth
    Figures that my human would post me on youtube now …

(pace Tori Amos, “Crucify Myself”)

67. exactly!

68. LOL Little one .. One of the cats was asleep by me… she opened one eye AND glared at the computer for the duration.

69. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

70. Wrong title: this is definitelty Moonlight Sonata!

71. That. Is. Hilarious.

72. And the winner of this year´s BAROO CONTEST is…. Howlin´ Tucker!!!!!

*wild applause*

73. While I found this adorable and hilarious, my cats did not agree. One even started to growl at the computer!

74. Kristabelle says:

Clearly, whomever this person was in a previous lifetime, they cannot resist making music in this one!! Too cute – though the howling would get OLD after awhile!!

75. Tucker rules. I love it!!!!

76. Sing it, soul sister.
    Sing it loud.
    Sing it proud.

77. Mademoiselle chante le blues
    Soyez pas trop jalooose
    Mademoiselle boit du rouge
    Mademoiselle chante le blues ….

78. LuvFurBabies says:

♪♪♪Ggiirrllll…….you’ve been gone so long…(ruff)….I wish I wasn’t such a fool!…You must think I’m a tool…but Gggiirrlll,,,,,I Love YYooouuuuuu!!!! ♪♪♪♪
    Ruff..(paw to side….head down…..puppy dog face)…..

79. mike from queens says:

Heh…she pawses for appaws at the end.

80. I added some music to it:

81. mctwin's twin says:

You’re KEEEELING me! First, BEFORE I even played the video, tears were streamning down my face!!! After playing the video, I laughed myself into a coughing fit. Do I REALLY need this???

Holy Cow, NTMTOM, you’re a freaking nut! Just saying, and I’m sending you the hospital bill!

82. This is absolutely ADORABLE! And funny as heck, to boot (paw?). The schnoodle really seems to be enjoying herself. Also, I outright DARE any nuffers to find anything to nuff about with this movie. :p

83. toooo funny!!

Does Tucker ever do a rousing Boogie-woogie ???? That’d be a hoot too!!

84. One of my cats was asleep on my lap and she gave me The Look, with ears laid back till I turned the sound down. The other one came running in from 2 rooms away to see what was going on.

Blues-playing-singing puppeh FTW.