An Appeal from the Regional Chairman of the Zombie Anti-Defamation League

Aaaa-UUUHHHHH-nnngh! Why people run from zombie? Zombie not hurt you! Zombie want play! People get many wrong idea from movies! Think zombie eat braaains! Is not true! Nibble arm, maybe leg, but not sweet, delicious braaaaaaains!

Seems reasonable to me, Audra S.

Comments

1. OMG. I iz so ded.

2. Is that a rat? Few things are cuter than a yawning rat.

3. awwwww!! He can’t eat brains yet, doesn’t look like he has any teef!!

4. Da feets, da feets! He can eat my brain any time. Not that there’s much left after my head just ‘sploded from da qte.

5. Is it wrong that I want to stroke his tongue with my fingertip? It looks so silky smooth…

6. Stormcat42 says:

How’d he get that big ol’ tongue in that teeny mouf???

7. Yawning ratties are amazing :)

8. So clean, shiny and new, he is!

But I disagree with him — I think he just ate my brains. And my poor, poor melting heart! *wuv*

9. As a fan of zombies AND rats, I heartily approve!

10. No! I thought the same thing!! I also want to massage his little paws. I used to do that to my rattie and he loved it. I love those little nobular thingies on their paws!

11. We loves our pet ratties, but just in case they turn into zombies, we also sleep very well armed. Teh qte is deadly enough, we don’t need ‘em goin’ after our brains, too.

12. O___O

13. Well, I can’t work anymore after this. *melts down to blob*

14. so shiny!
    almost…
    squeaky clean.

15. CuteshinyTINYHANDSAAAAHHHH

*no more brains*

16. Toffiffeezz says:

I say, Well done!

17. 260Oakley says:

Yawn of the Living Dead

18. Sooooooooo cute!! I want to stick my nose in that mouf!!

19. NOMTOM – This totally cracks me up! Funny, funny, funny!

20. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

….(thinking audibly…) so then, that’s the Z.A.D.L.

Wonder what clever double meaning is hidden in that acronym?
    (OTHER than the “Zombie Anti-Defamation League”, that is ….)

21. I say we hire this wee fella and his friends as clean-up crew for head ‘splosions.

22. 260Oakley says:

Nosefuratu

23. Zoological Association for the Dressing-up of Lions? *giggle* Can you see a lion dressed in a Winston-like Halloween costume, like the snail?

24. It’s a triple-play! *and teh crowd goes wild*

25. TrixandSam says:

If Teh Qte don’t ‘splode yer head, 260O WILL.

26. I want to soft-cronsche teh teensy earbuds.

27. Zip A Deedoo La!

28. Zoey Ann the Dancing Lamb

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

…however, a yawningk bunneh is a pretty good contender …
    Espeshe one, with two SHARP POINTY TEETH …..

30. Is this delectable little morsel sitting on a pile of ratties? I want to nom every one of them.

31. YES to all of the above!

32. Is this a rat? I thought it was a bun?

33. I wondered that too, thinking maybe it was a baby bunlet. But look at the fingers.

34. *gasp* Can you imagine if bunnehs had fingers?!?!

35. Well, I for one am heartsick that another year has begun and Mike still hasn’t married me. Dammit!

36. Don’t forget to stroke those silky strands of whiskers.

37. NTMTOM, extraordinary, sir!

38. BatBlaster says:

What would be unreasonable is if zombrat went after our eyes.

39. Willard!!

40. Just died of cute.

BTW, I think this blog is affecting me. Last night I dreamt of miniature alpacas. They were the size of mini pinschers and quite playful, but they wanted to nibble me and their teeth were sharp! Oh, and they had poodle-like haircuts. And afterwards they all turned into big black kittehs. O_o

41. Maybe it’s a sign from Basement Cat of the Alpacalypse!

42. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to kiss and cuddle a rat as much as I do right now!

43. Just a little digression– we had some snow last night. And where I live, there was a lot of fuss about a slow, insufficient response to the huge post-Xmas blizzard. So in the middle of the night last night, there were snow plows all over the place, and you could practically hear them saying “SEE? I’M PLOWING, DAMMIT! I’M PLOWING!!!” LOL

44. Wawr!!! I weel bite you wiff my gummms.
    What an adorable picture of a little baby rattie.

45. Excellent idea.

46. They’d have a Brain Buffet Smorgasborde!

47. I have come to the conclusion that people are just never damn happy! (can you tell I work for a government agency?) :)

48. Sweet!!!! :D

49. wavering between *groan* and *applause*

it’s clearly a hung jury.
    which means you’ve won the internet.

50. eep!

51. Trabb's Boy says:

Jeesh! From the number of people in the comments making “I want to nom him” noises, you’d think the zombies were out here!

Myself included, I’m afraid — those little nubblies on his palms are so making my mouf water!

52. “All your brains are belong to us!”

Just LOOK at that velvety gray coat on him/her! Oh ratties, so misunderstood but so lovable.

53. I’m picturing you sleeping in hockey helmets!?

54. Bravo!

55. Me too! And I’ve proposed to him SO many TIMES!! ;)

56. We had the same sort of debacle with a snow storm last year… this weekend, when we had our first real blizzard, I saw more snowplows in one morning than I did all last year! lol. All of them very conspicuously turning around in the parking lot near where I work. “Here I AM, I am a SNOWPLOW. SEE me plow snow.”

57. It was either that, or retail. :twisted:

58. victoreia says:

Considering my new office mate, that be a plus for me.

59. victoreia says:

[Dons armor in preparation for the scrum]

60. victoreia says:

Point! A point, I say!

61. Peanut's mama says:

*STANDING OVATION TO BRINNANN*

62. BRAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

IT had to be said! :D

63. :mrgreen:

64. :lol: Can’t believe it took so long!

65. Pots with the handle turned backward, ’cause we’re all gangsta, yo :)

66. Keepin’ it real, baby girl. :P

67. It’s so funny. If there could be passive-aggressive snow-plowing, this is it.

68. Haha! Football helmets give more protection to the face!

69. one of my favorite jokes:

what do vegetarian zombie(rat)s eat?

GRRAAAAIINNZZZ

70. Zardoz
    Always
    Delights
    Ladies

71. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

GET A ROOM, peeps!!!

(sheesh).

72. Rats can be adorable, don’t get me wrong. However, after watching the season finale of “Hoarders,” I’m cautious how many this person owns.

73. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Yes, but we disapprove of the idea (‘course :) )

74. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

excellente connexion.
    And nice to see Early Michael in fab, Orange 70s gear

75. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

– er — um — well –

76. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

a particularly funny (and an unanticipated) point, Theresa!!

77. StormCat42 says:

I almost sprayed coffee on the screen when I read that… The image is hilarious!!

78. He does not just want you for your beauty! He wants you for your grains…

79. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“wavering” = best vocabulary selection on the Innernet, today.

Signed,
    Not Really The Mgmt,
    but I Play One, on TV.

80. StormCat42 says:

And just WHAT are you drinking before bed???

81. Martha in Washington says:

I can’t believe that NO ONE has booped this teeny tiny pinky nose yet!!

*boop*

There, I can cross that off my list now.

82. Martha in Washington says:

We had about 6 inches here last night but the rain is taking care of it for us. I haven’t seen any plows yet although the garbage truck did wake me up much too early this morning.

83. I believe you mean “BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS”! Heh heh heh.

84. Tiime to wake up!

85. Not from zombie ratties, they’d be all up in there. And they like eyeballs, too. Got a nip on my eyelid once, and they continue to try.

86. reminds me of a lolcats picture with a tiger that was a newborn. The caption read: “If I could seez you, and if I had teefs, you’d be inna BIG twouble mistah!!” hahaha.

And typing that out, my spellchecker went wild.

87. Wait. What? Did I just get insulted? ;)

88. fish eye no miko says:

Zealous Animals Don’t Leave?

89. fish eye no miko says:

Hey, you’re right! Wow. In one word, too. That’s amazing!

90. diddleymaz says:

must be Regs little friend or Deaths…love discworld!

91. Lewis n' Clark says:

so what is this leetle guy lounging on – a dog? more rats/bunnies? We need a COXBU to see the rest of this furry pile

92. HEheheheheeh

93. Colonel Jenna says:

Considering the human is keeping the mother sufficiently fed and healthy to maintain such plump shiny soft well-furred babies, and she is tame enough to let them be posed on that nice clean background, and the human has the time and energy to arrange the lovely photo shoot, I kinda doubt it’s a hoarder. More likely a proud breeder wanting to show off his/her gorgeous little tiny ratties!

Proud breeder, we want more! More! Close-ups group shots streaming video….

94. That is the exact thought I had! I wonder if we can get him a little hooded robe and scythe…

95. my first thought was mouse-on-a-weimariner-puppeh-pile.

96. Zombies Drool A Lot

97. Cutest wittle zombie in teh woild!

98. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*clapping for all the suggested acronyms!!!!*

99. I broke my nail on the monitor screen trying to stick my pinky in it’s mouth !!

100. o.O

101. Oh gosh. This is so cute. Rats are the most wonderful companions! This picture makes me wish I’d had my rats Maia and Lierah at that age. Tho adult yawning rats are cute too!

Sadly, Maia passed away on Saturday, so now it’s just me and Lierah. I wonder if she’d take to a new, young companion? Does anyone here have experience with how well that works?

102. I sware it was just water!

103. Every rat is different, of course, but personally, I haven’t had the best luck introducing old rats to young rats. The old rat gets territorial, but can’t definitively win a fight against the young rat, so they all get up grumpy and don’t know where they stand. Then someone gets bit, and it’s towels for everyone.

Since Lierah is female, you might have better luck than I did when introducing males to each other. There’s plenty of advice for how to introduce rats online, but if you try it, be sure to have a proper quarantine period so you don’t accidentally spread an illness, and remember there’s no guarantee that it’ll work out happily. As long as you have enough space or time to let them both play separately if they can’t learn to get along, there’s no harm in trying.

I know how hard it is to have only one rat left. Even if you can’t get Lierah to enjoy some new company, it could be comforting for *you* to have more ratties around as Lierah ages. The only thing worse than only one rat is no rats :(

104. The Cute Avenger says:

If zombies looked that velvety and cuddly, I’d let em suck on my skull till it got to the brains or grew in teefies. Toooo cuuuuute!!

105. Pratchett ref. always FTW.
    The Grim Squeaker!

106. fish eye no miko says:

Isn’t that kind of a leap based on one picture? I mean, you could say that about ANY of the animals on this Site. Owning too many (i.e., more than you can properly care for) cats or dog or bunnies isn’t good, either.

107. Oh! I didn’t know rats could be a silky sheeny soft gray color, very kawaii :3

108. kibblenibble says:

NOMTOM: Master of the scrolldown! (Among other things!) :-)

109. Bettymouse says:

Sorry for your loss, Yoli. : ^(

110. *snerk!*

111. That’s the scary thing about some of these stories. They have three but don’t always keep a good on them or get them fixed, then suddenly ten, then suddenly twenty five and then suddenly you’re on A&E, TLC or Animal Planet.

112. Hip Hip Horray x 3 for 260O!!! Also Huzzah!!

113. again FTW 260O!

114. Rats are very social creatures and being alone puts them under stress. It can be delicate to introduce a new companion however, and might create more problems than it solves.

I’d watch your Lierah’s behavior for changes, and if she seems unhappy – goes off her food, sleep patterns change, or becomes listless, then you should consider (carefully) introducing her to a new companion.

But like Lanthala said, there’s no guarantee that would work out. And if it didn’t, you’d have to find a solution so that the new ratty doesn’t end up alone as well!

115. I’ll have what she’s having!

116. Or he…. (oh dear……)

117. I guess on this site that would be a faux paw. Sorry Nuri!

118. Is ok, I do it all the time!

119. So there’s a T-shirt with a zombie bee on it…says Zombeez, Brainzzzzzzzzzzzzz

120. I have six. All males. So no accidents. Lots of big squishy rat love, though.

121. Most likely they’re all siblings. I have tried for years to get a good rat yawn pic, but I usually end up with blurry butt pics.

122. I thought I should mention, though I posted a few times on this fabulous pic, I had to wipe away my tears repeatedly as i giggled thru misspellings. Still I keep looking, like a drug a can’t resist, and hope to see a new pic when ratties eyes open!

123. Is that a sweet silky light gray rat on a pile of sweet silky dark gray rats?
    *thud*

124. we successfully introduced two young rats to our eldest after her parter died. we chose to get two because we didn’t want to have to immediately go through this again after our eldest died (as happened last month), and we figured they would distract each other from her. it worked really well for us.

after the quarantine period, we moved the cages next to each other for 48 hours so they could smell each other (but not reach). then we introduced all three together for a playdate in the bathtub, at which time the young ones were curious and our eldest ignored them completely. finally, after two playdates we put them all together in a (freshly washed) cage, and they started cuddling within the day.

so yes, it can work, just go slow with it. i think it’s better to get a friend or two so that your rat isn’t alone.

125. Tracylee, I totally stole your joke and told it to about 12 people yesterday–everyone loved it. :-)

126. Rappenwolf says:

The absolute sign of the qte–Ratty is my desktop background. He says different things to me when I look at him. For instance–this morning, Ratty is doing his Al Jolson routine of “Mammy”.

127. yay! glad to help!

128. So cute!!!!
    Brainnnnnnnnnnnns!

129. Kristabelle says:

I told that joke to my vegetarian friend and her kids. They loved it!!

130. We had lots of snow trouble last year. We also had lots of snow trouble this year.

I’m sure we’ll have lots of snow trouble next year.

Lots of people will be yelling “but we NEVER have snow!”, especially the officials who are supposed to hire the snow ploughs.

131. SQUEAK!

132. Catherine says:

@ homoDM: Except a yawning baby rat!! :)

133. Catherine says:

Mwahahaha…love the progression to “then suddenly you’re on A&E, TLC, or Animal Planet”

134. Catherine says:

hahaha. I know what you mean. It is so hard to get them to say “Cheese” too. :)

135. Bring it ON, Victoreia!! tee hee!!

136. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Is your last name “Unflappable”??? ;)

137. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*snerkity snerk*

138. Who’s so cruel as to be taking a picture of this poor babe while it is crying to be picked up?!?!

139. Your girl would probably do just fine with a new companion, provided you do intros properly (as Jess described). Since she was already used to sharing a cage with another rat, she’ll be less likely to have a problem doing it again. Also, if you get a baby (or two) that will help. Most adult rats are at least tolerant of babies, since adults won’t consider them as much of a threat as they would a strange adult.

140. Is this in any way inspired by the Coulton song “Re: Your Brains?”

141. baby birdie says:

Maybe somebody used the curse “Desaugeo” (or something like that) on this little guy, but he didn’t have any teeth so it enlarged his tongue.

(It’s a Harry Potter reference.)