Meanwhile at Barka Raton

Marv: “And that brisket at the dining room last night—Feh!”

Estelle: “Quit the kvetching, Marv. Barka Raton is paradise compared to Jersey.”

[Float float float]

Marv: “Well. No told me there was gonna be no decent deli in Florida.”

Mazel Tov to MacKenzie G. and her retired pups Pepper and Pippa. Florida hoverfacts courtesy of MyPropertyInFlorida.

Comments

1. (The Original) Mel says:

MUST. GO. THERE. Have deli meat will travel.

2. TRUE STORY I HEARD JUST THIS MORNING: My dad and stepmother were dining in Coral Springs , and could hear the conversation of an older couple at the next table. Mrs. was telling Mr. “Don’t worry, darling, just breathe into a paper bag, and when we get home, I’ll give you an enema.”
    8O

3. kibblenibble says:

The leetle visors!!! :-)

4. TrixandSam says:

BWAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!!

5. aww, honeymooners.

6. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

1: Ahhhh, the romance of Florida.
    2: Theresa, if these are your relatives, I’m beginning to understand the underlying philosophy & psychology that are yours.

(wow).

7. Erm, it was my relatives who OVERHEARD this exchange. Really. Honest. :oops:

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(oops; just read your note more-carefully. The People of Enema were *sitting near* your relatives. So I’ll moderate my understanding of your P&P :) )

Related: The term “enema” is “playing happily” with the Transmogrifier/ Big Green Moderashun Machine??????

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I LIVE IN FLA and nobody gave ME a leetle primary-colored visor.

(pouts in the corner)

10. CatViccer says:

LOL @ [float float float]

11. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

**OOPS ME SO CWUMSY**SOWWY**

12. It’s because you don’t have leetle ears that will flop over the top . . . of course I may be making an incorrect assumption here . . .

13. I laughed at that . . . you can just hear the sounds of birds, gentle splishy splash sounds of Estelle kicking a wee bit to correct the direction of her floating, and an occasional “HAACKKKK” of Marv clearing his throat.

14. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

re. the “occasional “HAACKKKK” of Marv clearing his throat.”…..

(ahem) thanks for adding such lovely dimension to the story!!!

JK!! :)

Signed,
    Floridian, Behaving Badly

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Very interesting analysis. Your assumption, that I haven’t got leetle ears that will flop over, is actually correct!!!

I nebber thought of that. :)

16. (The Original) Mel says:

I don’t like enemas. I do like schnauzers and visors and deli meat.

17. (The Original) Mel says:

Especially deli meat.

18. Why do I get the feeling Pepper and Pippa sit patiently by the side of the pool everyday until their human gets their little floats ready?

19. Ah, but did anyone give you an enema?

20. Marv it’s 3:00 p.m. time to get out of the pool and get ready for the early-bird buffet. If we’re not one of the first in line those meshuggah dobermans from down the street will eat all of the kugel and whitefish salad. Then I’ll have to listen to you kvetch about what schnorrers they are!

Look at the punims on those little guys!

Not bad for a goyem huh? ;)

21. Hahahaha.

22. You guys qwack me up!

23. Lucy's Mommeh says:

oh. mine. gods.

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(yeeps)

(runs away)

25. cubbybutt says:

oy!

26. cubbybutt says:

shaynuh maydehleh you’re ichaboodle in the keppielach gey koken clop kup en vont i’m gonna plotz. can’t make this crap up. my grandma lives in century village.

27. I’m sure you give her such naches like you wouldn’t believe. Oh, how she kvells!

28. Oy Gevalt ! Marvin sounds just like my grandmother used to !
    She was a harsh judge of brisket since my grandfather worked at Canter’s deli in L.A. for a couple of decades.

29. Does anyone in the meshpooka know what breed of doggie Pepper and Pippa are? Are they really schnauzers?

30. Ah, Florida. Rednecks in the north, retired northerners through the middle and Cubans in the south. Not a single good driver on the whole peninsula.

(I kid. You know we love ya up here in Georgia)

31. Words from another goy: They look more like airedales (sp?) than schnauzers. I LOL at them floating in the pool. They do look as if they wait for their little floaties every day. I especially love the visors!

32. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Extra points for using “meshuggeh.” Your parents would kvell.

33. Float float float just killed me dead with laughter.

34. They look like they might be Welsh Terriers. Either way… they’re super cute!

35. Oh my goodness, these pups are so cute! The little visors just kill me…

36. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

You live in North Florida and I live in South Georgia :)

Signed,
    Jax resident

37. “And that brisket at the dining room last night—Feh!”

“Yes, and the portions are so small!”

38. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

Theresa: first genuine laugh I’ve had all day. Thanks!

39. hollys_mum says:

@Shelley Noble These are definitely Airedale puppies. Best (and craziest) dogs in the world!

40. Nah they’re most likely Welsh Terriers. Extremely smart and determined breed.

41. O No – “I LIVE IN FLA”… Don’t tell me your over sixty, if so, I will have to change my mental image of you :)

42. muttluver says:

cubbybutt: Wait, what?

43. muttluver says:

Barka Raton: Ha! That alone was enough t make me crack up. (Thanks, Marley and Me.)

44. Marv “and the gefilte fish; more like bupkes”!

As I hate winter, those Florida temperatures, sure look tempting.

45. Hi, They are airedales. I also have two but mine are somewhat bigger and they don’t especially like water. They like to wade and they love a boat ride. I can only assume that these two think they are on a boat. They have great personalities if you are not a control freak.

46. Andi from NC says:

Love Love LOVE!!!!

47. Actually, I think they are Welsh terriers, which look like little Airedales but are only about 15-17 pounds. We lost our Welshie this summer at 16 years of age. Great dogs (and totally wild terriers!)

48. Kristabelle says:

These are far more likely to be cute little Welshies, as Airedales are GINORMOUS! Those would have to be much bigger floats to hold adult Airedales. Then again, they could be puppies… But I imagine they are just Welsh terriers…and SO freaking cute!!!

49. Boca Raton usually convulses me. :P

50. Hon Glad: My dad lives there half the year. There are advantages– nice produce, and a nice patio to lie in the sunshine with a good book and a mojito. :D Nice to be near the Everglades and see lovely birds and gators, etc. I look forward to it every year. But a few days is really enough. Something about it down there seems to make people a little batty (present company excepted, ON

51. I remember being surprised when I moved to FL how many people filled in their pools. After a couple of years of constant maintenance, I get it.

I’d have kept it for two floaty mates like that.

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*waves at Theresa and Hon Glad (opposite directions)*

Wha’ happens is, we only go batty, aka bonkers, at certain “select”
    parts of the year. For me, it’s duiring Swelter Season, High August & September, when both the temperature and the humidity are over 90 … (gah.)

The Frozen Tundra — or the freezer in the kitchen — begins lookin’ MIGHTY FRIENDLY at that time of year …..

53. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Related:
    one uv me “leetle frehns” (think Al Pacino in “Scarface”) used to refer to a famous city in South Florida as “Fort Lah-dee-dah”!!! :)

54. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Nope, I’m under that speed limit, and will be under it for numerous years to go :)
    Hope the mental image doesn’t include a strait-jacket?

55. Me too! Just the right number of floats too.

56. Did anyone else totally google image search dogs wearing visors?

57. muttluver says:

Psh. Only 90? Don’t start complainin’ til it hits triple digits, baby. ;)

But yes, I know what you mean.

58. classy dogs, who put them up to this?

59. cubbybutt says:

Translation:
    Pretty girl you’re crazy in the head go crap in the ocean or bang your head against the wall. I’m gonna faint.

These are the things you hear when you have a bubbie (Jewish grandma).

60. cubbybutt says:

Please. I’m kvelling over here. These funny comments are eating my kishkas out! I have such shpilkas in my gehnekdagazoint. I can’t sit still!

61. My goodness. It’s my Aunt Martha and her friend Betty!

62. It’s been a long time, but if I’m not mistaken, don’t those numbers at the bottom mean these were shot with… film?

Is that still a thing?

63. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*snerk*

64. Actually living in Boca.. I can attest to it’s elder majority and the high percentage of Yiddish speakers. : ) Oh, Marv.

BUT.. we have fantastic delis. Ev.er.y.wh.er.e.

65. I imagine there must be awesome delis. You have all of the New York Jews living there! (I’m a New York Jew. I can attest to that, though my parents’ house is in Sarasota :-P)

66. That thought is enough to keep me from ever visiting Florida!!

67. It’s getting harder to find these days, that’s for sure.

68. Ruth Christians says:

Cat, I always knew how much you love Dexter, so CUTE, ru

69. Dick Riker says:

No Schnauzers in that pool. Just little Welsh Terriers.

70. Airedales….the coloring and all. And they’re Airdale puppies…that’s why they don’t look so large. trust me, I see Airedales enough to know.