Awkward Family Ski Trip

Dad: “I would like to lodge a complaint, yuk, yuk, yuk.”

Kids: [walleyed eye roll]

Identity theft thanks to Gage, Lola, and Cody.

Comments

1. Monk pups.

2. Dads always think their silly jokes are hilarious!

3. 260Oakley says:

Little Red Riding Hoodie
    “My, what glum faces you have!”

4. I love them!

Incidentally, TCM is showing a huge Our Gang marathon, and I saw lots of the adorable Petey yesterday!

5. Oooh – I want a statue of one to put in my garden – a pup gnome!

6. Andi in NC says:

Gage is so “Honey, just take the freakin’ picture already….”

7. My Dad is the Emperor of Bad Dad Jokes. My brother is the Crown Prince.

Say, Peeps, my dear ol’ Dad (he of the giant sneezes and spit baths) has an abscess in his lung– nothing too dangerous but uncomfortable and distressing. Could I ask for some good thoughts for him?

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Herewith and hereunto, appertainin': “Good Thoughts”.

Signed,
    The Management.

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Might I be so pushy as to request a “Disapproval” Tag??

10. skippymom says:

Good thoughts to Theresa’s Dad from Skippy and his mom.

11. 260Oakley says:

Wishing your dad good health and bad jokes.

12. Ditto! Here’s to many more years of bad jokes!

13. Sending good thoughts his way. My dad was a spit bather as well.

14. skippymom says:

And many more spit baths for Theresa!

15. For Theresa’s Dad and ALL Dads! Be and stay well! We LOVE it when you embarrass us! Truly, we DO!!

16. Sorry kids, but your dad will likely get worse with age. He’ll find imaginative new ways to embarrass you, especially in front of friends.

17. skippymom says:

Aaaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Naughty bits! My sensitive eyeballs are scorched!

18. My your Pop live long and prosper, to regale you with bad jokes for many years to come. (My Dad was the King of the Shaggy Dog story, the longer and more convoluted the better– we miss you Dad! and we’ll always remember, not to put all our Basques in one exit!)

19. IT could be worse… they could all be sporting Pink Bunny pajama suits.

Also sending wishes for Theresa’s Dad to have a quick recovery to good health and telling many more Dad jokes.

20. May your father either get better or ascend to lichedom, whichever he prefers.

21. Gigi (the original one) says:

Good thoughts being sent at once from Québec, I’ll ship them on ice so they’ll stay fresh.

22. (The Original) Mel says:

Me too.

23. (The Original) Mel says:

Good thoughts from someone who also was subjected to spit baths.

24. kibblenibble says:

Love, hugs, and positive thoughts from George, Minnie, and kibblenibble. <3

25. Gigi (the original one) says:

Look at those faces they say:
    Be afraid, be very afraid!

26. lol, I had to go back and look again…

27. warm thoughts from ceejoe and her gang of kittehs and piggeh!

28. Wishing all the best in this New Year for you & your Dad, Theresa;
    (Important things like brilliant flutterbyes; never-ending rainbows;
    new-born kittehs’ teeney meeeeeoooows; puppy kisses, with puppy-bref, of course; and that your Dad gets well and stays well…….. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

29. Yours for the asking. Please keep us posted.

30. I nearly bought my dad a T-shirt that read, “Embarrassing My Children: Just One More Service I Offer.”

31. Martha in Washington says:

{{Theresa and Your Dad}} from Martha and Gemma! Keep showing him CO and he’ll be better in no time!

I tell my kids that it is part of my job to embarrass them. They’ll understand when it’s their turn.

32. Most of my childhood photos feature me, Mom, and brothers. Dad was always the one behind the camera (partly because Mom always cut off people’s heads when she tried to take pictures, partly because Dad had the ability to say stupid things to make us smile). Although I have a few pictures of me and my Dad when I was just a kit, these are few and far between.

33. And oh yeah: On my 18th birthday, my family went out to dinner at my request, to my favorite Chinese restaurant. Dad is a carpenter. He was wearing his overalls that night (don’t kids always get embarrassed by how the parentals dress?). We went to the grocery store after dinner, and my dad was announcing to total strangers that it was my birthday! Telling him he was embarrassing me just made it worse, as you can imagine.

34. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

and yet you DIDN’T buy the shirt????

35. TrixandSam says:

Me too. *shifty eyes*

36. skippymom says:

Checking for bits is always the first thing I do when viewing an animal photo.

37. skippymom says:

That must have been quite some camera your family had, if your mother was cutting off people’s heads with it.

38. Argyle Donkeypants says:

You just never know who you’re going to find in the hood these days.

39. What can I say? Perfection.

40. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Argyle D. IN THA HOUSE!!!! Whar’ ya’ been, of late????

41. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“why I oughtta …..”

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

er …um…..

43. my dad’s favorite TO THIS DAY is:
    him: “what, am I embarrassing you?”
    me: “no” (not wanting to admit defeat)
    him: “well then I’m not trying hard enough!”

has been going on for almost three decades. sheesh!

44. and big ears over here —>
    and t.l. up there ^

warm fuzzies all ’round!

45. skippymom says:

Oh, admit it, you do too.

46. Am I the only one whose dad doesn’t make Dad Jokes?

I have Grandpa Jokes, and I bet they’re even worse…

47. Aye, Arrrrgh!

48. Me three.
    Done. Since I know this must be really important, for you to even comment, when you’re normally such a shy, retiring wallflower.

49. victoreia says:

Where’d you see it? I’ll get one for my sister, so she can wear while picking up her boys….. :evil:

50. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

Good thoughts for you Theresa, and a joke for your Dad…
    A man bought a monkey for 15-thousand dollars… the monkey disappeared after a week, which goes to show… a fool and his monkey are soon parted.
    (rimshot)

51. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

do NOT!! (Mo-o-o-m!!!!!)

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(aw shucks) *blushing*

53. Autisttree says:

Some happy thoughts aaaalll the way from Germany from me and my kittehs!

54. Queen of Dork says:

I’m sending the most positive and healing thoughts to your Dad, Theresa! I hope he feels better very, very soon!

55. Think they know any Gregdogian Chants?!?! :-)

56. *grooooaaaannnnnnn* :lol:

57. Many warm thoughts to your Dad & you! My kitties & I are ordering spoonfuls of sugar for him pronto!

58. Don’t MAKE me turn this blog around! ;-)

59. It must have been an awfully SHARP camera, Skippymom! :

:lol: :lol: :lol:

60. and….I’ve been banished to the Mod Lounge! :-( *le sigh*

61. Perv!! ;-)

62. Dogs n the hood.

Good thoughts for Theresa’s jolly good fellow

63. Here’s one for the relatively new site Awkward Family Pet Photos.

64. lol…think cody is gonna make a break for it!

cute

65. I can’t remember. I get a lot of catalogs. Some possibilities: Lighter Side, What On Earth, Betty’s Attic…

66. *groooooooooooooooooan*

67. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

kudos, Senor Hon of Glad!!!!

68. muttluver says:

I don’t embarrass easily, but my whole family is an embarrasment to my sister. :P

Also, the hovertext was GOLDEN. I’m still laughing.

69. muttluver says:

Hahahaha “Next time we’re going to Germany! Matching lederhosen!”

HIlarious.

(Reproduced for those who don’t have hovertext, and cuz I think it’s just that funny.)

70. ha ha that boston is soooooo cute